Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 134
  1. #101  
    I just find it really odd that one profile managed to be restored instantly, while the other one was unable to restore its data at all...
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I just find it really odd that one profile managed to be restored instantly, while the other one was unable to restore its data at all...
    That's what the WebOS Internals team is looking into at the moment. We've set up a number of test profiles before comms board swapping to test things out.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3. #103  
    My assumption is that it has to do with apps downloaded/installed on the profile. Paid apps vs free apps, apps not supported by 2.0 vs apps supported...
  4. #104  
    grrrrr hurry up with the coupon palm. i wanna get in on this...
  5. #105  
    Can we take this to mean that we can now successfully 2 a sprint pre 100% with a new profile?

    If there are no other downsides are we able to pay for this?

    Also does the old sprint pre profile work on the new unlocked pre minus?
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool2 View Post
    Can we take this to mean that we can now successfully 2 a sprint pre 100% with a new profile?
    Yup.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fool2 View Post
    If there are no other downsides are we able to pay for this?
    Not yet. I'm still not 100% comfortable with commercializing this process. The reasons are: 1. the Palm Profiles aren't 100% restorable. 2. You will ALWAYS need a Meta-Doctor to be able to Doctor your phone. The stock 2.0.1 (Pre 2) Doctors will not work, and there are no Pre Minus (Or Plus) Doctors available. Since most people do not know how to make a Meta-Doctor, commercializing this process and not having people be able to Doctor their own device would be extremely tedious, for us as well as WebOS Internals (Rod).

    Quote Originally Posted by Fool2 View Post
    Also does the old sprint pre profile work on the new unlocked pre minus?
    I have not tried this yet, but there's absolutely no reason why it shouldn't. With an unlocked Pre Minus Doctor, it should boot right up. However, it would have to be Meta-Doctored...
  7. #107  
    @sirataxero

    how about a detailed guide?
    PM me if you prefer.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 12/17/2010 at 01:19 PM.
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    @sirataxero

    how about a detailed guide?
    I promise I'll put one up by evening time today. I have to run around a little for today, but it'll be up soon. Promise!

    In all honesty though, it's literally the exact same procedure as the Minus to the Plus. Just use Device = pre2, Carrier = wr, and copy over ALL the tokens, into the roadrunner.xml file, from the post on how to Plus a Sprint Pre. It should work perfectly fine based off of that. If these instructions are enough for you (anyone, not just patorrich1), please try them out and post back here explaining if it's also working for you or not.

    I'll come up with an actual detailed tutorial post in the evening tonight.
  9. McRoth's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    #109  
    Does this swap mean you have your old Pre - camera & speaker on your new Pre 2?
  10. #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by McRoth View Post
    Does this swap mean you have your old Pre - camera & speaker on your new Pre 2?
    Speaker = yes, Camera = no. Camera Lens = yes. However, once you have the back open for the comm board swapping, it's extremely easy to swap out components like the Speaker (if you really wanted to, or if your old speaker was damaged, etc.).
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Yup.


    Not yet. I'm still not 100% comfortable with commercializing this process. The reasons are: 1. the Palm Profiles aren't 100% restorable. 2. You will ALWAYS need a Meta-Doctor to be able to Doctor your phone. The stock 2.0.1 (Pre 2) Doctors will not work, and there are no Pre Minus (Or Plus) Doctors available. Since most people do not know how to make a Meta-Doctor, commercializing this process and not having people be able to Doctor their own device would be extremely tedious, for us as well as WebOS Internals (Rod).


    Questions pertaining to your second point:

    1) Does this mean that even when the 2.0 update officially hit's Sprint we would still need a Meta-Doctor

    2) Also would a 2'd Sprint Pre be able to OTA update successfully, or would we have to do a Meta-Doctor to update the phone.
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Speaker = yes, Camera = no. Camera Lens = yes. However, once you have the back open for the comm board swapping, it's extremely easy to swap out components like the Speaker (if you really wanted to, or if your old speaker was damaged, etc.).
    What happened to the camera?
  13. #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    What happened to the camera?
    I think he was answering and saying you would not have the old camera from the Pre Minus but rather he Pre2 camera. But you would have the old speaker and cameral lens.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  14. #114  
    Okay... I have been doing my Sprint Pre 2 franken-exercises. I have built my very first customized meta doctor and I have taken my O2 Pre apart and put it back together and IT STILL WORKS!

    I am getting really excited.

    I may attempt the operation this weekend...
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Questions pertaining to your second point:

    1) Does this mean that even when the 2.0 update officially hit's Sprint we would still need a Meta-Doctor

    2) Also would a 2'd Sprint Pre be able to OTA update successfully, or would we have to do a Meta-Doctor to update the phone.
    1) Yes. The reason: you're essentially telling webOS that you're running a regular Sprint Pre. This means the webOS update will bring a kernel for the Pre, not the Pre2. That and everything else. In other words, your phone won't start properly and will require a doctor visit.

    2) No -- reason listed above
    Arthur Thornton

    Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  16. #116  
    So, anyone who has made a Sprint Pre 2, please check the palm profile on the web at palm.com/palmprofile and tell me whether it says version 9.9.9 there ...

    Inability to see a large proportion of the app catalog from a Sprint Pre 2 seems to coincide with that symptom.

    -- Rod
  17. #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    So, anyone who has made a Sprint Pre 2, please check the palm profile on the web at palm.com/palmprofile and tell me whether it says version 9.9.9 there ...

    Inability to see a large proportion of the app catalog from a Sprint Pre 2 seems to coincide with that symptom.

    -- Rod
    Both Sprint Pre 2's profiles in my vicinity state the 9.9.9 version number. However, I have been able to find every app I've been looking for. Any particular app that's symptomatic of this condition?
    Last edited by SirataXero; 12/18/2010 at 02:47 AM.
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    What happened to the camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I think he was answering and saying you would not have the old camera from the Pre Minus but rather he Pre2 camera. But you would have the old speaker and cameral lens.
    Right. Sorry, I didn't make that clear. By yes and no answers, I meant that yes these devices are retained from your old phone. While no to the camera meant you get the 5 MP camera from the 2. .
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Questions pertaining to your second point:

    1) Does this mean that even when the 2.0 update officially hit's Sprint we would still need a Meta-Doctor

    2) Also would a 2'd Sprint Pre be able to OTA update successfully, or would we have to do a Meta-Doctor to update the phone.
    As arthurthornton pointed out, you'll need a custom meta-doctor every step of the way... so far. Unfortunately, it's too much of a hack-n-slash right now. This also carries over to the OTA updates... for now. They won't detect the correct information on your device and will not work.
  20. #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    So, anyone who has made a Sprint Pre 2, please check the palm profile on the web at palm.com/palmprofile and tell me whether it says version 9.9.9 there ...

    Inability to see a large proportion of the app catalog from a Sprint Pre 2 seems to coincide with that symptom.

    -- Rod
    I did notice a difference though. First of all, the profile that restored worked from a Sprint Pre Minus to a Pre 2. The profile information page states the (Pre 2) device as "Palm Pre CDMA (SPRINT)". The profile that did not get restored was from a Sprint Pre Plus to a Pre 2. When I made a new profile on the device (where the old profile couldn't be restored) the new profile's information page shows device as "Pre (Sprint)".

    Not sure if it's of any significance, but just thought I'd throw that out there.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions