Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    We saw the OmaDM ones on the first device too.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We saw the OmaDM ones on the first device too.

-- Rod
    Oh ok good. So I didn't fail miserably at creating my Meta-Doctor. .
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Oh ok good. So I didn't fail miserably at creating my Meta-Doctor. .
    Yep, as far as I can see, your errors are exactly the same as what we saw for the things we tested, and your sms errors are new and genuine.

So you're now the one on the leading edge of research in this area

I doubt we'll be able to make much progress until we see an OTA update to webOS 2.0 for a CDMA Pre (e.g. for Sprint or Verizon) or we see a CDMA Pre 2 (e.g. Verizon or perhaps that one in China that was rumoured about earlier).

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I'm curious to know when the Verizon files will pop up. After the webOS Dev Day, myself and a couple guys swung by the Engadget Show near Port Authority. We sat next to two Palm guys, who were running, what my friend says, was Verizon on their Pre 2.

Great work Sirata.
    Quote Originally Posted by MRand86 View Post
    I'm curious to know when the Verizon files will pop up. After the webOS Dev Day, myself and a couple guys swung by the Engadget Show near Port Authority. We sat next to two Palm guys, who were running, what my friend says, was Verizon on their Pre 2.

Great work Sirata.
    Palm folks would likely have the ability to run any device on any carrier.

However, none of the parts required are public.

-- Rod
    We even saw a presentation during Dev Day with one of the presenters from Palm who was running webOS 2.0 on his Verizon Pre Plus.
    Question: if one were to convert a palm pre 2 to a sprint palm pre 2, would the leftover parts make an unlocked palm pre minus?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by NoLeftHere View Post
    Question: if one were to convert a palm pre 2 to a sprint palm pre 2, would the leftover parts make an unlocked palm pre minus?
    Yes.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    My Pre 2 came in the mail today. It is pretty. I am charging it and will play with it tomorrow, no energy to start hacking it tonight.
    One of our US WebOS Internals developers just got a Sprint comms board on Ebay, and will continue the Sprint Pre 2 development on one of the Pre 2 devices we got at the NYC Dev days.

-- Rod
    That's great guys. Thanks! My work stopped after I spent over a week telling everyone to contact me through some other means since my phone will be undergoing "experimentation". I had to bring my only Sprint comms board back into my Plus and have a functional phone eventually. :/. Heres to hoping someone gets it!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Just playing with my Pre2 for now. I did a Meta Doctor with "Skip First Use," but couldn't find a way to launch First Use afterwards. Doing a regular 2.0.1 doctor, and I'll borrow a co-worker's sim to get through First Use.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashi View Post
    Just playing with my Pre2 for now. I did a Meta Doctor with "Skip First Use," but couldn't find a way to launch First Use afterwards. Doing a regular 2.0.1 doctor, and I'll borrow a co-worker's sim to get through First Use.
    Good Plan... actually the easiest way IMHO.

Arthurthorton created a patch for this and posted it over in the WebOS dev forums here and on the Palm forums
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Use palm-launch com.palm.app.firstuse

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    *sigh*

So, is anyone actually trying this conversion? Am I the only one?
    Not anymore! I did it today. I have exactly the same issues as you. Luckily, I am using my google voice number to send texts. That will alleviate the problem for now.

And yes, whenever I end a call it thinks the call was dropped.

You are not alone SirataXero.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    One of our US WebOS Internals developers just got a Sprint comms board on Ebay, and will continue the Sprint Pre 2 development on one of the Pre 2 devices we got at the NYC Dev days.

-- Rod
    Ok, the tide has turned. I'm now looking for NA GSM comms boards locked or unlocked. If you see any on eBay, please let me know.

P.S.
    If anyone wants to get rid of their Sprint Pre minus with the NA GSM comms board back from the Pre 2 attached OR unattached (but included), , feel free to PM me
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 12/03/2010 at 07:49 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by krikus050 View Post
    Not anymore! I did it today. I have exactly the same issues as you. Luckily, I am using my google voice number to send texts. That will alleviate the problem for now.

And yes, whenever I end a call it thinks the call was dropped.

You are not alone SirataXero.
    Glad to hear it. Either we're both doing something stupid, or we're both headed toward the right path. Hopefully, its the latter. .

Unfortunately, I've been quiet for the past few weeks because I had to stop experimentation. My Sprint Pre is my only means of communication with the world since I don't even have a landline. I kinda need my phone to be 100% functional at all times. With WebOS 1.4.5 I can play around and make things work the way I want, a la patches and my own modifications, etc. However, with the franken-doctor, and all the undesired side-effects of the operation, I just couldn't keep up with the strange behavior of the Sprint Pre 2.

I'll be patiently waiting for anyone to do this and to be able to say with confidence that its possible without sacrificing functionality. When that is out in the open, I'd be more than willing to write up the tutorial/confirm the procedure/start offering the service (webOsWorld), etc.

Go get 'em Guys!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    This is krikus050. Changed my s/n here to match all my other accounts. Old one was from the treo forum days.
    I have been watching this thread for a while now, and I want to thank all of you who do so much. I have plussed my sprint pre because of you guys. I'd be interested in doing this, but the instructions are a little too vague for me at this point. I'm not a programmer, but a serious tinker'er. I have downloaded and looked into 2.0 doctor and had a few questions.
    Is it possible to get 2.0 onto my plussed pre using the currently available roms if you can import cdma tar into it, which is what's required for frankenpre2? Or no... I currently am trying to get my hands on a pre2 to play with, so I have been distacted by this side idea...

I appreciate any help... and keep up the good work you guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by jemojc View Post
    I have been watching this thread for a while now, and I want to thank all of you who do so much. I have plussed my sprint pre because of you guys. I'd be interested in doing this, but the instructions are a little too vague for me at this point. I'm not a programmer, but a serious tinker'er. I have downloaded and looked into 2.0 doctor and had a few questions.
    Is it possible to get 2.0 onto my plussed pre using the currently available roms if you can import cdma tar into it, which is what's required for frankenpre2? Or no... I currently am trying to get my hands on a pre2 to play with, so I have been distacted by this side idea...

I appreciate any help... and keep up the good work you guys!
    Neither of those two things are ready for end-users yet.

-- Rod
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast