Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    *sigh*

So, is anyone actually trying this conversion? Am I the only one?

I've managed to get it up and running (with a new Profile) but I'm still getting a few quirks:

1. Anytime a call ends, the phone thinks I lost service and the error saying "Service was lost" comes up with options to Call Back or Dismiss.

2. I can't send text messages at all. My Pre shows the message as grayed out with an error, while the other person receives jumbled letters. When I send picture messages, they go straight through (or turn colored instantly) but the other person never receives them.

I'm sure it's a matter of carrier profile settings etc.

I found something interesting though. If you open up a doctor, go into resources/webOS.tar you see 3 tar packages. None of the Pre 2/webOS 2.0 doctors currently available have the cdma tar packages. They are all of file size 0. The umts ones are available for all of them though. I'm assuming that's the problem here...

It's also not possible to just grab a cdma tar from a Sprint Doctor or anything, because they are specifically named "roadrunner cdma etc. . tar". I could go into it... to see if there really is a difference and swap out specific files from the "castle" tars into the "roadrunner" tars. Which I think I'll eventually end up doing... however, if anyone else in here has some insight, I'd appreciate it.

I really want my 2 working on Sprint... that'll DEFINITELY tide me over until February or so when the new devices are released... on Sprint (I hope).
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    We're still waiting for Pre 2 coupons so we can buy devices for the other WebOS Internals folks who have CDMA accounts.

No CDMA in Australia, so I'm not able to take it further than were I got to at Dev Day, but a couple of the other WebOS Internals guys intend to do so once they have devices.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hey Rod,

Thanks for the input. I figured I could pitch in by offering to activate devices here so the international members can have access to the US App Catalog (if desired). I look forward to comparing notes with the guys when they start it up. Please keep me in the loop.

Also, just a quick question, do you know how the swapping ended up on Dev Day? I recall that it was swapped back by the end of the day because it was "buggy". Were there details on that?
    Hey Rod,

Thanks for the input. I figured I could pitch in by offering to activate devices here so the international members can have access to the US App Catalog (if desired). I look forward to comparing notes with the guys when they start it up. Please keep me in the loop.

Also, just a quick question, do you know how the swapping ended up on Dev Day? I recall that it was swapped back by the end of the day because it was "buggy". Were there details on that?
    It was swapped back cause James wanted his old profile on a CDMA device, and that wasn't working. So we know that physically and electrically everything works - it's now just the software which needs tweaking.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    *sigh*

I will be trying this conversion starting next week. My Pre 2 is supposed to arrive on Tuesday, and I have a spare Sprint Pre Minus I can use for the com board/tokens. I am willing to try things and share information.
    Last edited by ashi; 11/24/2010 at 09:31 PM. Reason: subscribing
    Sirata, thanks for stepping out and trying this thing out. With this FrankenPre, are you able to receive text messages? I wish I could help out, but the FrankenPre stuff is comepletely new to me. Did you just follow the instructions for a Pre+ to Sprint instructions?
    If you get this up and running ashi, I might have to make a visit to Foster City again.
    Quote Originally Posted by MRand86 View Post
    Sirata, thanks for stepping out and trying this thing out. With this FrankenPre, are you able to receive text messages? I wish I could help out, but the FrankenPre stuff is comepletely new to me. Did you just follow the instructions for a Pre+ to Sprint instructions?
    Post #16 has the instructions.

If anyone is considering doing this, they really need to read *all* the information about it first, including all the posts in threads such as these.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NoLeftHere View Post
    If you get this up and running ashi, I might have to make a visit to Foster City again.
    Works for me.
    The instructions are a little bit more complicated than the regular set. With the "FrakenPre" I can not receive or send text messages. That's really the only reason I switched back. I have the Sprint.tar embedded where it needs to be, with the pointer in the make file. The tokens have been written correctly. There still seems to be an issue though... and I can't pinpoint it, yet. I'm working on getting CDMA specific information embedded into the doctor as well... It's kind of annoying since I don't know how to package files in linux etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashi View Post
    I will be trying this conversion starting next week. My Pre 2 is supposed to arrive on Tuesday, and I have a spare Sprint Pre Minus I can use for the com board/tokens. I am willing to try things and share information.
    I would love to have someone who actually knows what they're doing to kind of do this "with" me. Definitely let me know when you're up and doing this. We'll make a new thread here and track our progress for others to see as well.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I would love to have someone who actually knows what they're doing to kind of do this "with" me. Definitely let me know when you're up and doing this. We'll make a new thread here and track our progress for others to see as well.
    Cool, will do. I follow instructions well and have used Linux for over 15 years. Hopefully I can help figure out the missing pieces!
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Ashi and Sirata, this is awesome! I'm contributing to the WEBOS internals raise 1st thing in the AM. Wish I could help with anything other than just donating a few $$...
    The instructions are a little bit more complicated than the regular set. With the "FrakenPre" I can not receive or send text messages. That's really the only reason I switched back. I have the Sprint.tar embedded where it needs to be, with the pointer in the make file. The tokens have been written correctly. There still seems to be an issue though... and I can't pinpoint it, yet. I'm working on getting CDMA specific information embedded into the doctor as well... It's kind of annoying since I don't know how to package files in linux etc.
    Do you have ls-monitor and /var/log/messages output from when you are sending a message?

-- Rod
    Post deleted, posted in error.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Post deleted, posted in error.
    Sirata,
    You mentioned the UMTS tar files are filled for 2.0, while the CDMA ones are empty? Would it be possible to perform a diff between the lastest (1.4.5 version) GSM and the 2.0 version, to see what files have changed/added? I'm sure there will be some path changes, but I couldn't imagine a drastically different GSM-related set. Knowing the differences, perhaps a CDMA tar file could be reverse engineered using what we know with the current version?

I am noob though, and all this could be horribly wrong lol.
    Last edited by MRand86; 11/25/2010 at 09:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Do you have ls-monitor and /var/log/messages output from when you are sending a message?

-- Rod
    I'll look at those now and post back with the results.

Sirata,
    You mentioned the UMTS tar files are filled for 2.0, while the CDMA ones are empty? Would it be possible to perform a diff between the lastest (1.4.5 version) GSM and the 2.0 version, to see what files have changed/added? I'm sure there will be some path changes, but I couldn't imagine a drastically different GSM-related set. Knowing the differences, perhaps a CDMA tar file could be reverse engineered using what we know with the current version?

I am noob though, and all this could be horribly wrong lol.
    I ended up just opening up the packages and looking inside. They have a set of files which are unreadable... but I compared the Unlocked Pre 2's umts tar file with an AT&T Pre Plus's umts tar file, and they look incredibly similar from the inside. So, I decided to fill in the Pre 2's CDMA tar file with a Sprint Pre Minus's CDMA tar file. However, it keeps giving me errors and won't let me. The Pre 2's CDMA tar file is corrupt (or something?). It also keeps giving me unidentifiable errors if I try to add another tar file into the webOS.tar package...
    I'm seeing some interesting readouts on the log:

Code:
    2010-10-09T21:13:08.041748Z [35871] roadrunner user.warning activitymanager[1497]: [activitymanager.lunabus] No valid names found for service "/var/run/ls2/dK5Smu" while processing service connect update
    2010-10-09T21:13:08.111938Z [35871] roadrunner user.err OmaDm: [OmadmNodeQueryValue 791]: 
    2010-10-09T21:13:08.112304Z [35871] roadrunner user.err OmaDm: failure 
    2010-10-09T21:13:08.112579Z [35871] roadrunner user.err OmaDm: [readOmaDmNodeString 883]: 
    2010-10-09T21:13:08.112792Z [35871] roadrunner user.err OmaDm: PmIpcClientSyncCall error -536346606 
    2010-10-09T21:13:08.113037Z [35871] roadrunner user.err OmaDm: [InitProvisioningNodes 307]: 
    2010-10-09T21:13:08.113189Z [35871] roadrunner user.err OmaDm: Cannot read carrier name 
    2010-10-09T21:13:08.113403Z [35871] roadrunner user.err OmaDm: [RdmSyncData 454]: 
    2010-10-09T21:13:08.113677Z [35871] roadrunner user.err OmaDm: Verify that Sprint customization build was selected when the device was flashed
    and also:

Code:
    2010-10-09T21:13:14.124359Z [35877] roadrunner user.err UpdateDaemon: Check the DMCARRIER token for a build mismatch.
    After trying to send a message, I get these messages repeated a few times:

Code:
    2010-10-09T21:27:41.938415Z [36745] roadrunner user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.systemui: SystemUI - Phone Notification {"eventSignal": {"rssi": 89, "bars": 3, "maxBars": 5, "value": 89}, "returnValue": true}, palmInitFramework290:14
    2010-10-09T21:27:44.938507Z [36748] roadrunner user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.systemui: SystemUI - Phone Notification {"eventSignal": {"rssi": 86, "bars": 3, "maxBars": 5, "value": 86}, "returnValue": true}, palmInitFramework290:14
    2010-10-09T21:27:44.964782Z [36748] roadrunner kern.info kernel: [36748.310000] IPT_PACKET_DROPPED_NO_MATCH: IN=eth0 OUT= MAC=ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:00:24:21:f1:c4:e2:08:00:45:00:00:4e:64:ba:00:00:80:11:4f:8f:c0:a8:02:06:c0:a8:02:ff:00:89:00:89:00:3a:88:cb:ad:d8:01:10:00:01:00:00 SRC=192.168.2.6 DST=192.168.2.255 LEN=78 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=128 ID=25786 PROTO=UDP SPT=137 DPT=137 LEN=58
    and then I got this line:

Code:
    2010-10-09T21:27:46.973388Z [36750] roadrunner user.info pubsubservice: [getLoginResponse: 118]: obj null, First is not run yet / Acct services went down?
    Though this last one looks like a side-effect of "Dr. Skipped Firstuse"... but... *shrug*
    Last edited by SirataXero; 11/25/2010 at 10:20 AM.
    So this time I isolated the sms error:

Code:
    2010-11-25T19:04:41.251342Z [468] roadrunner user.err PmWsfDaemon: {TIL.LOG}: ServiceSmsCdma::SendSmsComplete Error=errCode(2) Send sms failed with errType=2, errValue=107
    2010-11-25T19:04:41.256591Z [468] roadrunner user.info sms-service[1715]: [smsservice.serviceApp] send sms response: {"errorCode":107,"errorString":"Command timeout","errorType":"retry","returnValue":false}
    2010-11-25T19:04:41.257598Z [468] roadrunner user.err sms-service[1715]: [smsservice.serviceApp] send sms failed. telephony error: 107. error class: retry.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast