Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    You may need to call Sprint, get your MSL and enter that into the phone app to manually edit the carrier settings so you can force the settings to be proper..
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Well, I figured the token transfer took care of that, but I'll look into it.

Would you have any ideas as to what carrier settings need to be changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Well, I figured the token transfer took care of that, but I'll look into it.

Would you have any ideas as to what carrier settings need to be changed?
    Technically it should, but I'm not certain if it would. It is possible it just doesn't want to send stuff because webOS 2.0 requires something slightly different in the sprint.tar customization tarball, but I'm not certain.

And I don't know which settings may need to be changed, but I would assume it would be a couple IP addresses and ports at most. (the last time I had to do anything with an MSL was when my sister bought a used Pre and I had to manually configure it to get it up and running).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I don't want a phone named FrankenPee, I think Pixi is bad enough
    sorry for the typo.
    This is all really impressive. Maybe Rod should finance WebOS-Internals by selling Sprint Pre2's.
    None of the settings helped. However, I did manage to destroy my data though. >.<.

I swapped my board back to my Srint Pre Plus. I got text messages back... but data is still gone. haha.
    None of the settings helped. However, I did manage to destroy my data though. >.<.

I swapped my board back to my Srint Pre Plus. I got text messages back... but data is still gone. haha.
    Try getting the specifics from Rod Whitby directly. From what I understand the one he did had issues with the existing 1.4.5 profile but everything worked with a new 2.0 profile. I would be willing to do this if that is true since I have created a new profile anyway to use on my Pre 2. I have even begun to repurchase apps that I used on a regular basis.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    I was standing right in front of him when he did it. .

Apparently, The owner of the Pre 2 had some issues with it and he ended up swapping it back before the end of the day. That's why I was wondering if anyone else has tried it yet or if any progress has been made.
    I was standing right in front of him when he did it. .

Apparently, The owner of the Pre 2 had some issues with it and he ended up swapping it back before the end of the day. That's why I was wondering if anyone else has tried it yet or if any progress has been made.
    Yes, I know, I have visited with him about it. He needed his profile to be able to function and do everything he needs. But indicated a new profile worked fine.
    I heard he had a few other issues than just the Palm Profile. Do know if his text messages weren't working either?
    so what about just swapping the glass screen to a Sprint Pre Plus? Possible?
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    Quote Originally Posted by neit_jnf View Post
    should be. It's the same screen as the old one (minus the glass).

I swaped my screens when my original screen cracked. FYI it's about 70% more difficult than swapping com boards because you have to put a lot of little complicated things back together.

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    I was thinking about it. I'm pretty sure its possible. I just don't think its worth it. I'd much rather have WebOS 2.0, than just a glass screen...
    I was thinking about it. I'm pretty sure its possible. I just don't think its worth it. I'd much rather have WebOS 2.0, than just a glass screen...
    Ditto, the glass screen looks and feels nice but the real boost is in WebOS 2.0 for me.
    So now that a Frankendoctor has been almost completely done so the Pre 2 can run on Sprint, what are the odds of making the Frankendoctor work so 2.0 can run on the Pre minus?
    Just an FYI for Sprint users... I ordered the Sprint International SIM for when you might be roaming on a GSM phone in a foreign country with hopes that it would roam here in the U.S. on my Pre 2 as well....

It doesn't

So I added a line to my son's T-Mobile account, free add, free unlimited txt already included, so I just pay $30/month for unlimited data. It is far better than any of AT&T's pre paid plans but Edge data totally sucks. At least I can use my Pre 2 out of the house now and test out the features I couldn't on wifi only.
    :\ I would sacrifice my current profile for using the Pre 2 (in fact prior to today, I thought apps wouldn't port between drastically-different phones. I guess I am mistaken. lol) Sounds like data and voice work, but I definitely need text messaging.
    Lol, the glass looks nice, but what I want is the faster processor, and WebOS2. If I could get those with my existing screen I'd be satisfied.
    pastorrich1,

haha, I thought about doing that, but I read up on it. The Sprint International SIM definitely does not work here in the US. I've been trying really hard to figure out a way to make Sprint send me a SIM with my account on it so I can use GSM phones... doesn't look like its possible. .

I really don't want to pay more for another account when I already have a good account here.

MRand86,

Yeah, sacrificing profiles is not a big deal, but no text messaging is an instant deal killer. I can't live without texts!

It's so incredibly annoying. I have this perfectly good Pre 2 sitting next to me and I can't even use it!

It's like having a Lamborghini sitting in your garage but no keys. >.<.
    pastorrich1,

haha, I thought about doing that, but I read up on it. The Sprint International SIM definitely does not work here in the US. I've been trying really hard to figure out a way to make Sprint send me a SIM with my account on it so I can use GSM phones... doesn't look like its possible. .

I really don't want to pay more for another account when I already have a good account here.

It's so incredibly annoying. I have this perfectly good Pre 2 sitting next to me and I can't even use it!
    >.<.
    It was worth a shot for only $15. TopTongueBarry explained that it is because Sprint does not have a roaming agreement with any US GSM carrier.

I didn't want to pay for another account, but $30 per month to be able to use/develop/assist others with any device released in GSM (unlocked) as well as any Sprint device is a small price to pay. Even though Edge data is hideous...

So I won't miss out on just about any new WebOS device.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast