Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just stopped by a Rogers yesterday to ask about the Pre 2. They said they have no idea when it's coming, and that only a couple of stores will have them.

They let me play with the mock up. It felt heavier, more solid. Slider was stronger. Felt like a nice phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Just stopped by a Rogers yesterday to ask about the Pre 2. They said they have no idea when it's coming, and that only a couple of stores will have them.

They let me play with the mock up. It felt heavier, more solid. Slider was stronger. Felt like a nice phone.
    Which store did you go to?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Which store did you go to?
    Yonge and Dundas.
    I will be going to the Rideau Center here in Ottawa and i will see if they have any info on it, or if they possible have a dummy unit.
  5.    #5  
    I'll be in Ottawa on the weekend, and I'll do the same.
    I visited a Rogers store in Lethbridge almost 2 weeks ago, they said they already had the Launch kit and dummy Pre 2's and she expected the launch soon but obviously she didn't know exactly when.
    just got out of the rogers store at the rideau centre and had a nice convo with the manager. She said that there are stores in toronto which have the pre 2 already but there is no store in ottawa that has one. I asked for a date and all she said was before christmas.
    Just stopped at a store in Calgary. I saw the dummy phone that they do have (got to feel it, look at it.. even thou it's a dummy phone definitely feels more sturdier and overall better than the original) but they haven't got any in yet, and the rep said that although they've done training, and dummy phone they have not yet been given a release date. He said it should be within the month thou
    Within the month or within a month? There's a difference, because if it's within the month that means it's launching today or tomorrow...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Within the month or within a month? There's a difference, because if it's within the month that means it's launching today or tomorrow...
    Nothing slips by Toni!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Lol, guess it's my QA instincts (yes I do that for a living). I've been trying to apply for a job at Palm as QA but they keep ignoring me...

What kind of QA?
    Does it involve debug stations and does the company you work start with a U by any chance?
    haha ah yes. Valid point. I would assume within a month I think. He said training was done (although the rep himself missed it) so come dec 1 it would be within the month lol

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    What kind of QA?
    Does it involve debug stations and does the company you work start with a U by any chance?
    Neither.

It's a major financial institution where I work...

Just got back from Billings Bridge mall and all i have to say is that those employees clearly know nothing. I asked if they knew anything about the pre 2 coming to rogers and one of them said "nope" and the other said "there is one store in Toronto that has it, and no other store is going to be getting it". I left laughing
    I was browsing around for any details on when the Pre 2 will be released on Rogers, and I found a Kajiji page of someone selling one in Waterloo. I won't link it because I'm not familiar with the forums policy on that but I'm sure you can find it with google:

"It has never been opened and is locked to Rogers. This phone will be released to Rogers in the upcoming days, so this is your chance to get it before anyone else. I have this phone in hand and ready to go."

The sale was listed today, and if it's locked to Rogers... potentially good news?
    Quote Originally Posted by hybriddj View Post
    I was browsing around for any details on when the Pre 2 will be released on Rogers, and I found a Kajiji page of someone selling one in Waterloo. I won't link it because I'm not familiar with the forums policy on that but I'm sure you can find it with google:

"It has never been opened and is locked to Rogers. This phone will be released to Rogers in the upcoming days, so this is your chance to get it before anyone else. I have this phone in hand and ready to go."

The sale was listed today, and if it's locked to Rogers... potentially good news?
    Actually that would be a second one.

I was contacting another one in Mississauga, it was a bit sketchy since I asked for her phone number to complete the deal, she never got back to me. Though the posting is still active.

Just talked to a Rogers representative about renewing my service for another 3 years and when I mentioned I wanted to upgrade to the Palm Pre 2 he said it would be arriving in the coming weeks. More of the same information, but it sounds like it is coming before Christmas.
    Found this today,

Tech Toys: Palm Pre 2 enters smartphones fray)

despite saying the price isn't announced, the caption under the picture states $99 on a 3 year contract
    Old "news"... it's the speculated price MobileSyrup posted when the pictures first appeared.

Rogers Palm Pre 2 images surface | MobileSyrup.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast