Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    There's good news and bad news to report.

I'll give you the bad news first.
    Several of us have been working to make the old freetetherd service run using luna services 2 (ls2) without any success. Before you get depressed, read on .....

Now the good news:
    It looks like webOS Internals is working on this ...

git.webos-internals.org Git - applications/freetether.git/summary

git.webos-internals.org Git - applications/freetether.git/tree

They're also moving it from us.ryanhope.freetether and us.ryanhope.freetetherd to org.webosinternals.freetether (app and service).

We're not giving up on getting the old freetetherd service up and running on ls2, for the short term, however, it's nice to know the folks at webos-internals have got our backs on this!

One way or another, it shouldn't be too long before we're able to tether using our Pre 2's.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    There's good news and bad news to report.

I'll give you the bad news first.
    Several of us have been working to make the old freetetherd service run using luna services 2 (ls2) without any success. Before you get depressed, read on .....

Now the good news:
    It looks like webOS Internals is working on this ...

git.webos-internals.org Git - applications/freetether.git/summary

git.webos-internals.org Git - applications/freetether.git/tree

They're also moving it from us.ryanhope.freetether and us.ryanhope.freetetherd to org.webosinternals.freetether (app and service).

We're not giving up on getting the old freetetherd service up and running on ls2, for the short term, however, it's nice to know the folks at webos-internals have got our backs on this!

One way or another, it shouldn't be too long before we're able to tether using our Pre 2's.

TTB
    That's great news! Thanks.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Update received direct from Ryan this morning:

We have a new, completely rewritten version of freeTether that should be out shortly and we plan on having it work on webos 1.x and 2.x.

That's all I have for now.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Great ! Thanks TTB for sharing the news.
    Do you know if it will be available in the testing feeds?

Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Do you know if it will be available in the testing feeds?

I've asked for a projection on when it will be available, and received no answer. I can tell you that after reading the summary at the very least, WiFi Tethering is working for single client use.

There is a master which when gunzipped provides the entire distrib, but I haven't figured out how to turn that into a working version on my Pre 2 yet.

EDIT: I figured it out : made an ipk plus I installed it on the emulator. Was preparing to restart when I mistakenly clicked on reset in Virtual Box. Now the SDK won't even boot. Virtual file is prolly hosed, corrupted. .

Label me fed up and done for right now. Will look later after a long break to see if I can fix the emulator file. If not, I'll have to reinstall the SDK and then try to create an ipk all over again.

Surprisingly this wasn't too difficult except for the bonehead reset move.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 12/28/2010 at 03:59 PM.
    We are hoping for a release this Friday... and it will most likely be in the regular webos-internals feed, not testing.
    Last edited by PuffTheMagic; 12/28/2010 at 09:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    We are hoping for a release this Friday... and it will most likely be in the regular webos-internals feed, not testing.
    Ryan and Eric, Thanks for all the work you and the rest of webOS Internals do.

Thank you for getting freeTether updated so quickly for us, and thank you for this update.

I'll seize this opportunity to remind everyone the folks at webOS Internals deserve more than just our thanks for their work.
    Remember to Donate here!

TTB
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 12/29/2010 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Corrected the donate url.
    Tweet from webOS Internals... Thanks guys

@_PuffTheMagic_: Support #freeTether development for #webos 1.x and 2.x by donating http://bit.ly/icBCOZ (specific PayPal link for this).

Donation sent for this.
    Last edited by jhoove09; 12/29/2010 at 07:17 PM.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Ryan and Eric, firstly thank you!

You only seem to be making changes to the client. Does that mean that the daemon will not need to be modified for WebOS 2.x? Or are you combining the two into one program?
    So wait is this out yet? Is the Mobile Hotspot App even required for this now?

Donated non the less, for the first working 2.0 tethering capabilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    So wait is this out yet? Is the Mobile Hotspot App even required for this now?

Donated non the less, for the first working 2.0 tethering capabilities.
    Not out yet. Checking feeds hourly.

MHS not needed for this.

Client and service/daemon are combined.

TTB
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Not out yet. Checking feeds hourly.

MHS not needed for this.

Client and service/daemon are combined.

TTB
    I'm also checking when ever I get chance to see my phone
    For those not using twitter.
    This look very good. Bluetooth and wifi connected at the same time!
    My pre would need some serious cooling ;-)
    From @webosinternals
    RT @_PuffTheMagic_: yet another #freeTether spoiler
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I've taken the liberty of separating the webOS 2 MHS and freeTether threads since they've become two different discussions.

Discussions regarding the use of MHS on webOS 2 can continue in this thread whilst any new posts and discussion regarding the updated freeTether for webOS 2 can be found in the following thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...er-webos2.html
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    If MHS 1.0.4 works fine with my carrier on a Pre-, is it possible it will function on the Pre2 or have something changed in 1.1.4 and the Pre2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    If MHS 1.0.4 works fine with my carrier on a Pre-, is it possible it will function on the Pre2 or have something changed in 1.1.4 and the Pre2?
    If you plan to use a Pre 2 running webOS 2.x.x on a carrier who does not directly offer the Pre 2 running webOS 2.x, then there's no guarantee MHS will work.

If it doesn't, there's a solution for lurking right around the corner:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...er-webos2.html
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I had that same scenario. 104 working fine on a Pre, and now 114 working fine on a Pre2.
    Lucky you... no such luck for those of us in the U.S.

Still looking forward to the all new FreeTether from the webOS internals team.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I had that same scenario. 104 working fine on a Pre, and now 114 working fine on a Pre2.
    Yep same for me, down here in Australia, loaded an older version of MHS, it upgraded right away, and works fine on Vodafone.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345