Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am trying to get WebOSQuick install working with my Palm Pre 2 but i am having no luck =(

Keeps asking for Novacomm drivers... My Palm Pre- works just fine and i am using vista 32bit edition. Should i try the tutorials for installing these novacomm drivers or is the Pre 2 currently no go with something like Preware anyway?
    I just listened to Rod Whitby from NYC. You will not be able to use this until Jason gets it work. PP2 uses a differ driver than the pp.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  3.    #3  
    Are there any files in the Beta SDK perhaps which may be of help ?
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I just listened to Rod Whitby from NYC. You will not be able to use this until Jason gets it work. PP2 uses a differ driver than the pp.
    Yea, it seems like it's going to take a while for homebrew on webOS 2.0 to get rolling again. By the time we all get 2.0, everything should be ready for us lol...
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    You can download the pre2 doctor for the new novacom drivers. And then use the old method to install onto the device. SDK might work with just the new drivers but no guarantees but the old methods should work check webos-internals.org for more info
    I saw a tweet or a post from Rod just the other day and can't remember for sure where. Anyway, he said use the latest Preware IPK and the Novacom drivers from the Dr. (the SFR one at the time).

EDIT... and the 2.0 SDK installed

When I put in my serial number on the Palm Support site and it started downloading the Dr. it didn't give me an option for where to save it. Now all I have is a shortcut on my desktop but can't find the .jar file on my computer.

Then when I do find it, how do I get the new drivers from it?
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Yeah.. he said you could run the doctor and let it check your system, which is when it will install the new novacom drivers. Then stop it when it is done doing that and asks you to hook up your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I saw a tweet or a post from Rod just the other day and can't remember for sure where. Anyway, he said use the latest Preware IPK and the Novacom drivers from the Dr. (the SFR one at the time).

When I put in my serial number on the Palm Support site and it started downloading the Dr. it didn't give me an option for where to save it. Now all I have is a shortcut on my desktop but can't find the .jar file on my computer.

Then when I do find it, how do I get the new drivers from it?
    Unfortunately the palm download site downloads a little java quickstarter file which runs and downloads the actual jar file to a temp location and it's difficult to find. The easiest way to get the SFR doctor in a form you can find it later is to use the direct link from the webosinternals site. (Hmm, where did I save that when I downloaded it the other day... )
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Unfortunately the palm download site downloads a little java quickstarter file which runs and downloads the actual jar file to a temp location and it's difficult to find. The easiest way to get the SFR doctor in a form you can find it later is to use the direct link from the webosinternals site. (Hmm, where did I save that when I downloaded it the other day... )
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

I don't need the SFR Dr. I have the HP North American Dr. somewhere on my HD and don't have a clue how to find it or grab it from the Site while it is downloading.
    I don't need the SFR Dr. I have the HP North American Dr. somewhere on my HD and don't have a clue how to find it or grab it from the Site while it is downloading.
    Sorry, I assumed that was what you were looking for. The link Garret just posted (that I was too lazy to look up.. thanks Garret! ) can be used to download the latest (and older if Palm hasn't taken them down) version of the doctor for all carriers. It's the easiest way to download them and know you can find them later. I'm not sure I ever found the one that I downloaded from Palm using their default method. I have opened up the small file that downloads from Palm and spliced together the direct download link and downloaded the doctor that way, but then I remembered that webosinternals had already done the work for me.
    Sorry, I assumed that was what you were looking for. The link Garret just posted (that I was too lazy to look up) can be used to download the latest (and older if Palm hasn't taken them down) version of the doctor for all carriers. It's the easiest way to download them and know you can find them later. I'm not sure I ever found the one that I downloaded from Palm using their default method. I have opened up the small file that downloads from Palm and spliced together the direct download link and downloaded the doctor that way, but then I remembered that webosinternals had already done the work for me.
    Yeah I knew where to find them, he has the EU version posted but not the NA version yet.
    Yeah I knew where to find them, he has the EU version posted but not the NA version yet.
    For this purpose, it doesn't matter.

To make it easier, if you have a program like WinRar (or a decent ZIP archive utility), just unzip the .jar file and look inside resources. Then run the NovacomInstaller_(your_arch).msi (assuming you're on Windows) and it will install the Pre2 Novacom drivers.

Now make sure you have the 1.4.5 SDK (or if you're in Early Access, the 2.0 SDK should do) and download http://get.preware.org/org.webosinte..._1.3.8_arm.ipk and run:

Code:
    palm-install org.webosinternals.preware_1.3.8_arm.ipk
    Reboot your device and it should have Preware running really nicely.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    If you PM me your serial number, I can try to pull out the URL for you to directly download.

The reason Rod doesn't have the URL up there is that he doesn't have a NA SN to get the URL. I just tried 40 different combinations that made sense to me for the webOS 2.0 doctor, but none of them worked out
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    PALM PRE 2 NA DOCTOR:

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre2/...p103ueu-wr.jar

Yes, even though it says "103ueu" it is still the webOS doctor that Palm lists for the North American Pre2.

Note that the download for me is running at 80KBps as opposed to the usual 1MBps. I believe there are a lot of people trying to download the doctor right now.
    Arthur Thornton

Yep, saw it after I sent you the PM. I am getting equally slow speeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    For this purpose, it doesn't matter.

To make it easier, if you have a program like WinRar (or a decent ZIP archive utility), just unzip the .jar file and look inside resources. Then run the NovacomInstaller_(your_arch).msi (assuming you're on Windows) and it will install the Pre2 Novacom drivers.

Now make sure you have the 1.4.5 SDK (or if you're in Early Access, the 2.0 SDK should do) and download http://get.preware.org/org.webosinte..._1.3.8_arm.ipk and run:

Code:
    palm-install org.webosinternals.preware_1.3.8_arm.ipk
    Reboot your device and it should have Preware running really nicely.
    Finally got it! I can't get the SDK to do anything but I used WosQI and it worked. I got an error but Preware was there after the restart. I also get all kinds of errors when feeds are pulling due to the 2.0.1 OS on the phone. They all look like patch category errors. The apps all still come up and install even though some don't work.

Couldn't have done it without you Arthur. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Actually, I gave two other methods of installing Preware that work today for a Pre 2. Preware installation does not depend on anything other than official Palm tools.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Has anyone with Preware already installed on their WebOS Dev Day 2010 Pre2 (unlocked, no-SIM) been able to view and install the latest updates to preware since 1.4.2?

Rod had installed it for me during the conference (gotta love that guy), but updates for Preware are not showing up in Preware (yes, I have all of the standard WebOS internal feeds enabled).
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Has anyone with Preware already installed on their WebOS Dev Day 2010 Pre2 (unlocked, no-SIM) been able to view and install the latest updates to preware since 1.4.2?

Rod had installed it for me during the conference (gotta love that guy), but updates for Preware are not showing up in Preware (yes, I have all of the standard WebOS internal feeds enabled).
    I just checked the WebOS Internals feed. Preware 1.4.2 is the latest version. There is no further update to Preware yet.

As for updates in Preware, there were 12 patches available for WebOS 2.0.1 last time I checked.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast