Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1.4.2 is the latest public version.

1.4.5 is in the app testing feed, and contains some improvements for running it on the Pre 2.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I just checked the WebOS Internals feed. Preware 1.4.2 is the latest version. There is no further update to Preware yet.

As for updates in Preware, there were 12 patches available for WebOS 2.0.1 last time I checked.
    My Palm Pre 'minus' had an update for Preware 1.4.5 whose update description mentioned improvements for the Pre2.

When I mentioned updates in Preware, I meant for Preware itself. Sorry about the ambiguous sentence. I have indeed downloaded many of the available patches from Sconix.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    1.4.2 is the latest public version.

1.4.5 is in the app testing feed, and contains some improvements for running it on the Pre 2.

-- Rod
    Hi Rod,

I had initially suspected Preware 1.4.5 came from the testing feed on my Sprint Pre. The feeds listing page in Preware truncates the full feed path, so I couldn't tell which of the testing feeds was installed on my Sprint Pre. So I had tried "http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/all
    " on my Pre2, but Preware didn't show up.

I just tried "http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7" and 'wala!', I see Preware 1.4.5 now (along with an update to Navit that I hope lets it run on my Pre2 since the previous version fails to render maps -- but that's another topic). I initially thought "all" meant all testing feeds combined, but I think what it means is any apps that work on all devices.

Hope your trip back to the homeland was a smooth one. I am sure I speak for everyone who attended the conference in NYC when I say that it was a pleasure and honor to meet you. We are very grateful for all of the contributions from yourself and the entire WebOS Internals team, as well as all of the developers.

Regards,
    - Robert
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Preware 1.4.5 with full Pre 2 support should now be in the public feed.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    So is there a simple way to install Preware on the Pre 2 now? Sorry - this is for the not so savvy users.
    Quote Originally Posted by akashjairath View Post
    So is there a simple way to install Preware on the Pre 2 now? Sorry - this is for the not so savvy users.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...r-pre-2-a.html

The search feature is your friend. Although this thread is still on the first page in this section.

The install is just as easy as it has always been. You just need to make sure you install the 2.0 Novacom drivers.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12