Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    It'll take more than just swapping boards. If compatible youll still need a compatible meta dr as well as the official 2.0 dr for Sprint so even if it is possible it'll be a while b4 we can use P2 on Sprint.
    "a while" = 1 day

-> Ron
    I am at dev day, just watched it happen in person, Rod is impressive
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    I am at dev day, just watched it happen in person, Rod is impressive
    What up Windzilla! Now I can put a face to the name. Dev Day is awesome, and Rod is the man. It definitely was awesome to see him pull this off.
    Same here. Actually watched it happen!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Same here. Actually watched it happen!
    If I can get some detailed instructions this weekend I will try it myself. If not... let me know when I can overnight my phones to you!
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    well hopefully soon our good friends here (some precentral individual modifiers), and over at webosworld will be offering this service for sprint customers. This will indeed help buy more time for the next webos devices, as well as slap sprint in the face and laugh saying if you wont offer it right now, our hombrew community will find a way around it as usual.
    yea it's been a pleasure meeting forum members here at dev day, seems like plenty of others such as myself are starting down the path to there first app.

rod said the procedure was "extremely risky" and you only get one device from two I believe.
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    "a while" = 1 day

-> Ron
    Well its running 1.4.5 so I stand by my comment.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Really? You're sure that was your comment. Let's go back and take a look:

It'll take more than just swapping boards. If compatible youll still need a compatible meta dr as well as the official 2.0 dr for Sprint so even if it is possible it'll be a while b4 we can use P2 on Sprint.
    No, you said it would take more than just swapping boards. You said it would need "the official 2.0 dr for Sprint". Now you're saying it's running 1.4.5, so apparently the comment was not correct, no matter how much you choose to stand by it.

The OP asked about swapping out the radios. Apparently, it can be done, and it's not going to "take a while".
    Radios can be done, however the software part is still a little "buggy". Looks like its back to the drawing board for now. This procedure has not been 100% confirmed yet. It is not recommended for newcomers on inexperienced users.

I assume WebOS Internals is hard at work correcting the issues and reattempting the process. As am I.
    Awesome news.
    It's running 2.0.0

-- Rod
    So I have a Sprint Pre 2 running. It gets calls/data. However, does not get any texts. Multimedia or otherwise.

I also get an error about signal dropping whenever I end a call. Odd little troubles...

No texts is a deal killer for me... I think I might have to switch back for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    So I have a Sprint Pre 2 running. It gets calls/data. However, does not get any texts. Multimedia or otherwise.

I also get an error about signal dropping whenever I end a call. Odd little troubles...

No texts is a deal killer for me... I think I might have to switch back for now.
    how did you do the swap?. Did you swap radio board or the entire back with the radio and gps
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It's running 2.0.0

-- Rod
    Rod:

Congrats.

What about arthurthornton's comments above re: OTA updates looking for a GSM phone? Can that potential problem be overcome?
    Quote Originally Posted by drahgon View Post
    how did you do the swap?. Did you swap radio board or the entire back with the radio and gps
    The entire back must be swapped out. Same with the AT&T Pre Plus. The Comms board layout is a bit different for the GSM phones. They require longer cables from the antennas. That's why you have to swap out the entire back plate along with the board.

Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Rod:

Congrats.

What about arthurthornton's comments above re: OTA updates looking for a GSM phone? Can that potential problem be overcome?
    When the board is swapped out with a Pre 2, the OTA updates will not work. It needs a custom Doctor for every update. It is told its a Sprint Pre 2. Since there's no such thing, no official Doctor will work on it. From the Palm website or OTA.
    I will be keeping my eyes open for when this can be accomplished. I am soo happy with your Plussing service Sirata that I trust in you 100% to do the 2 conversion when it is available. I am still excited to be using a Sprint pre plus though.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    haha thanks! I appreciate the loyalty. I was able to "2" my own Sprint Pre Plus, but it came with its own headaches. I'm slowly working through those right now, but it's a little rough, to be honest.

I'm sure we (as a community) will have this process worked out soon. .

I'm as excited about this possibility as you are!
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I will be keeping my eyes open for when this can be accomplished. I am soo happy with your Plussing service Sirata that I trust in you 100% to do the 2 conversion when it is available. I am still excited to be using a Sprint pre plus though.
    What kind of probs are you having with your sprint pre plus I made a doctor file that changed most the tokens back to the sprint and all was good after that was done...

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums Beta
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12