1.    #1  
    Hey guys

I am trying to set up an exchange on my PRE for work

I keep getting this error: the server's security certificate is not valid
    for 71.90.102.18.

The Palm tech says I can not turn off SSL. My IT guy says he has never seen a phone yet where you can not turn off the SSL.

Which one is full of S___?

Any ideas?
    If you're having problems making it happen - and getting errors... who do you think?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    If you're having problems making it happen - and getting errors... who do you think?

??
    Quote Originally Posted by tungsten C View Post
    Hey guys

I am trying to set up an exchange on my PRE for work

I keep getting this error: the server's security certificate is not valid
    for 71.90.102.18.

The Palm tech says I can not turn off SSL. My IT guy says he has never seen a phone yet where you can not turn off the SSL.

Which one is full of S___?

Any ideas?

Your IT guy should stop worrying about whether the phone can turn SSL of or not and start worrying about his expired security certificate, or he changed the URL for OWA and the certificate is for a different URL. That's what the problem is. It's one of those two.

I just went through this a few months ago at a company I was working for. The URL was changed and therefore the security certificate was being dropped. Example of what I mean:

mail.company.tld/exchange

was changed to:

mail.company.tld/webmail

The certificate will fail as it was issued for /exchange and not /webmail.

M.
    Why are you using the IP address of the server anyway ? Isn't there a DNS entry for it ?
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Your IT guy should stop worrying about whether the phone can turn SSL of or not and start worrying about his expired security certificate, or he changed the URL for OWA and the certificate is for a different URL. That's what the problem is. It's one of those two.

I just went through this a few months ago at a company I was working for. The URL was changed and therefore the security certificate was being dropped. Example of what I mean:

mail.company.tld/exchange

was changed to:

mail.company.tld/webmail

The certificate will fail as it was issued for /exchange and not /webmail.

M.
    I don't know how Exchange handles this stuff, but an SSL certificate is NOT issued based on the directory.

An SSL certificate is issues based on the host (in your case bring mail.company.tld).

This means that it would work for /webmail and /exchange and /someones-super-secret-directory-that-the-IT-guy-hopes-the-boss-doesnt-know-about
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Ask your IT person to email you a current certificate using another client (assuming you have another gmail account on your phone) and install it (just click on it in the email, it will download, click again and a box will open asking if you want to trust it.
    Click yes and you should be good to go). Same thing happens to me whenever their certificate expires; you may not have a good certificate.
    btw - on EAS you CAN disable the SSL - just put "http" at the front of the incoming server instead of "https".
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)