Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    But I'm cheap, and want to have some idea of what these things will cost me.

Is there any way to query my existing Pre and ask it how much data service I've used in the last day/week/month?
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Out of stock!!!
    On the news tonight: "Thousands of PreCentral members gobble up initial Palm Pre 2 stock from Hp's web site"
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Out of stock!!!
    Wow! that was fast.
    Depends ... if you're on Sprint, check your statement or on-line account.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    On the news tonight: "Thousands of PreCentral members gobble up initial Palm Pre 2 stock from Hp's web site"
    I wonder if that would get Sprint's attention?????
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    "Out of stock", but maybe not for long. H/Palm just updated the developer site for Pre 2 developer phones. It's a UMTS device. $200 off with coupon for developers (one only). Available today (11/18).
    What does "UMTS" mean?

Also, I just checked the link at the start of the thread, and it says "in stock" for me.
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    But I'm cheap, and want to have some idea of what these things will cost me.

Is there any way to query my existing Pre and ask it how much data service I've used in the last day/week/month?
    If you are on AT&T, you can log in to your account and track your monthly data usage. I think sprint offers the same feature.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  9.    #89  
    How did I miss that? I paid $44.99 for overnight delivery (next business day). I have not received a shipping confirmation yet.

EDIT: Just got the tracking number and it is Fedex and shows a delivery of 11/19/10 by 3:00 pm.
    WAIT, How did that happen? Mine shows Saturday 11/20 delivery, and I ordered at 12:21 am Pacific time. They only charged me $10 for fed-ex overnight delivery too.

I'm fuming now. Gonna get my HP account rep on the phone and give him an earful!

J/K

You must have been charged the extra $35 bucks to get it delivered on a weekday.
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    What does "UMTS" mean?

Also, I just checked the link at the start of the thread, and it says "in stock" for me.
    UMTS = AT&T, but should also work on T-Mobile (EDGE)

Weird ... it is out-of-stock in the "Home / Home Office" store, but in-stock in the "Small and Medium Business" store. There are substantial differences in the price of shipping between the stores. Next morning FedEx shipping in the SMB store is < $10. Off to request a coupon from the developer program ...
    So how long before we figure out how to upgrade Sprint -/+ phones to Pre 2? I wonder if the 2.0 doctor works exactly the same way for injecting tokens?
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgdonovan View Post

Weird ... it is out-of-stock in the "Home / Home Office" store, but in-stock in the "Small and Medium Business" store. There are substantial differences in the price of shipping between the stores. Next morning FedEx shipping in the SMB store is < $10. Off to request a coupon from the developer program ...
    It's about time a purchasing from the business store has something cheaper than purchasing from the consumer store!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    If you are on AT&T, you can log in to your account and track your monthly data usage. I think sprint offers the same feature.
    I'm on Sprint, but I will check when I am home and can find my billing info. Thanks.
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    So how long before we figure out how to upgrade Sprint -/+ phones to Pre 2? I wonder if the 2.0 doctor works exactly the same way for injecting tokens?
    Read this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2763477

We've already begun the discussion about that. As of yet, no definitive answer.
    Are you back in the city now? Last time we chatted via PM you were out of town. Perhaps we can meet up for lunch and you can put your hands on the Pre 2 once it arrives?
    Would like to do that. Things real busy with me so hard to say when I could.

Been making frequent trips to K.C. to check on my mom, but I'm still here in OKC most of the time.

Take care!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by dgdonovan View Post

Yep, saw this as well.

Also, I PM'd HardBeaz and he confirmed it is definitely an Unlocked GSM device.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Would like to do that. Things real busy with me so hard to say when I could.

Been making frequent trips to K.C. to check on my mom, but I'm still here in OKC most of the time.

Take care!
    I will PM you my cell phone # so you can txt or call when you have time.
    I will PM you my cell phone # so you can txt or call when you have time.
    I already have your phone# and e-mail, but you can send it again in case it's not correct.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbriar511 View Post
    What are you gonna do with the old pre +? Post it on ebay?
    Nope, the lady of the house comes before eBay. otherwise I don't get any for awhile.
    I'll be putting her AT&T Pixi Plus up for sale though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I already have your phone# and e-mail, but you can send it again in case it's not correct.
    Nah... it hasn't changed.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast