1.    #1  
    I wonder which languages (user interface) Pre 2 (webOS 2.0) supports. I even didn't have chance to try the webOS 2.0 SDK. Of course French should be supported as France is the 1st country selling Pre 2. How about the others? Thanks a lot!
    I'm willing to bet it's EFIGS (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish), always been the case for Euro Palm devices.

I also recall seeing references to Simplified Chinese in the Doctor, which makes sense since there were talks about Pre selling in China.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  3.    #3  
    Thanks a lot ToniCipriani. I also saw those doctor images before, but guess that was "always developing" and not included in the webOS 2.0 of Pre 2 - may be included in 2.0.1 or even later.

I live in Hong Kong and need to input both Simplified & Traditional Chinese usually for work, if the current Pre 2 supports Chinese input I would ask my friends to buy one when he's visiting HK, if not I better jump ship and buy the newly released Desire Z (G2) even I've been using Palm OS for more than 10 years - my Centro is time to be replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyw View Post
    Thanks a lot ToniCipriani. I also saw those doctor images before, but guess that was "always developing" and not included in the webOS 2.0 of Pre 2 - may be included in 2.0.1 or even later.

I live in Hong Kong and need to input both Simplified & Traditional Chinese usually for work, if the current Pre 2 supports Chinese input I would ask my friends to buy one when he's visiting HK, if not I better jump ship and buy the newly released Desire Z (G2) even I've been using Palm OS for more than 10 years - my Centro is time to be replaced.
    JustInput is probably what you're looking for.

I tried it but it doesn't support Cantonese input, so I resorted to using web input. I don't know how to use Changjie...

Besides I doubt Palm will come up with full Chinese support. On Palm OS I've been using PalmDragon and CJKOS for the longest time.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  5.    #5  
    Thanks a lot again. I hope Palm will do better under the scale and power of HP for multilingual supports and global sale. When more global customers use webOS phone, developers would be attracted to create more apps - that what all other smartphone company does, even in HK Blackberry Torch is officially released with Chinese input supports.

According to unofficial source, around 400,000 iPhone 3GS (without Wifi) was officially sold in China and around the same amount (with Wifi) was (unofficially) delivered (most of them from HK). I hope Pre 2 could support more Asian language as there are many potential users from China, India and South East Asia.

By the way, I can't understand why Australia still couldn't get Pre 2 until now - they're English speaking too! Palm is sometimes ridiculous to me!