Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    i really got it! I'm in the UK and ordered saturday night on the eurostore. It arrived this afternoon and I am writing this on it! Its really fast and the build quality feels good. I have come from a galaxy s so this quite a change in screen size. I bought it because I love web Os. I wish it has satnav but you can't have it all. Just yet anyway. (yes Navit is unusable)

I'm suprised there's not loads of people on here excited that their pre 2 has arrived too.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Congratulations! It's not clear whether you're new to WebOS or not so, I'll spare you the regular welcome banter & links.

A small suggestion -- perhaps you could update your thread name so it's clear this is re: the UK Pre2 'in the wild' -- I think a lot more people will be interested to ask questions, but, might not notice your posting.

How did the whole activation, app catalogue & overall startup experience go?

Also -- have you dared connect it with WebOS quick install for Preware, etc..?
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    hi I have not contributed to this forum but been around a bit. I have literally started playing with it for the last 30 minutes. Everything went ok. I had to reboot while activating as the phone got caught in a loop. I'll leave it stock with no preware or changes for a week or so until I get bored. Something nice about having factory fresh phone. App catalogue looks ok and normal although nothing in featured apps. Not too worried about getting questions just wanted everyone to know I had one
    Congrats, wish I had one too.
    Enjoy... I'll be posting my experience as well.

Note: You have made a wise decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by harrytheweb View Post
    i really got it! I'm in the UK and ordered saturday night on the eurostore. It arrived this afternoon and I am writing this on it! Its really fast and the build quality feels good. I have come from a galaxy s so this quite a change in screen size. I bought it because I love web Os. I wish it has satnav but you can't have it all. Just yet anyway. (yes Navit is unusable)

I'm suprised there's not loads of people on here excited that their pre 2 has arrived too.
    Gee,thanks for coming by to rub it in!
    Screen resolution on pre-2 is so different than galaxy s, how do you compare the two, since you used both of them.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

Mine also arrived today, only just got round to signing in with my profile just waiting for apps to restore
    Like Palm, idiots not so much? Visit MockTheAfflicted

twitter: @benfysh
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    well galaxy s is far advanced complete phone and spec but if that hardware ran web Os we really would have an amazing phone. Its web Os I want not the hardware so much. Galazy s wins hands down on screen.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Can you check if you are able to have different bluetooth connections active at the same time? Current Pres cannot be connected to two devices simultaneously, which is very annoying because it's supported by the BT specification. You cannot be connected to one HFP device (for phone calls) and a different A2DP device (for music). You can switch between the two devices, but you cannot be connected to both at the same time.
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
    Mines stuck in Aberdeen thanks to DHL sending it to the Midlands... then Glasgow... and thenback to the Midlands before realising where the north of Scotland is. To rub salt in the wound the weather has cancelled the ferry for at least tonight and possibly tomorrow nights sailings. So it'll be Friday at the very earliest before I get mine. Had DHL known where Scotland is in the first place I'd have had it today. The joys of island life
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    Mines stuck in Aberdeen thanks to DHL sending it to the Midlands... then Glasgow... and thenback to the Midlands before realising where the north of Scotland is. To rub salt in the wound the weather has cancelled the ferry for at least tonight and possibly tomorrow nights sailings. So it'll be Friday at the very earliest before I get mine. Had DHL known where Scotland is in the first place I'd have had it today. The joys of island life
    God that sucks mate, anyone with half a brain should know where the Shetland Islands are. Seems EMA is their hub for all stuff. Hope you get it before the weekend at least though
    well galaxy s is far advanced complete phone and spec but if that hardware ran web Os we really would have an amazing phone. Its web Os I want not the hardware so much. Galazy s wins hands down on screen.
    I thought pre-2 was comparable to galaxy phone other than screen resolution. Doesnt pre-2 have the same or better hardware as compared to galaxy phones, its just the screen size and resolution that differs.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I thought pre-2 was comparable to galaxy phone other than screen resolution. Doesnt pre-2 have the same or better hardware as compared to galaxy phones, its just the screen size and resolution that differs.
    It's missing a magnetometer (compass), for one. Or are you just talking processor/RAM/storage specs?

OP, would love to hear more reactions and experiences with the new Pre 2! I considered bidding on a couple Pre 2's I saw on eBay this week, but the price soon shot past $700 and I took a pass.