Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Forum seems pretty much dead. Any hope we'll hear any kind of news today...at all?
    Depends if there is news to be talked about.
  3.    #3  
    It barely even got a mention in Rubinstein's conversation. Looking more and more like this phone is DOA.
    Well there is supposed to be a "special announcment" or something isn't there?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Come play with my Twitter.
    I didn't expect much to come out of this. When HP Palm is ready to talk, they will. Plain and simple.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    This was not a discussion on the Pre 2. This was a general discussion on HP and Palm. No announcements were even planned for this event.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    This was not a discussion on the Pre 2. This was a general discussion on HP and Palm. No announcements were even planned for this event.
    +1!

You guys seriously need to relax about the Verizon Pre2! It's coming very soon! Most of us here won't even get the chance to buy it... Quit complaining.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Thread name changed. If you wish to complain that Ruby didn't announce something at an event wherein HP and Palm did not plan to announce something, please do so here.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Thread name changed. If you wish to complain that Ruby didn't announce something at an event wherein HP and Palm did not plan to announce something, please do so here.
    I like the title! Very fitting.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMav View Post
    Well there is supposed to be a "special announcment" or something isn't there?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    I read that too, but not sure if it is directly related to Palm, HP or some other company?
    way to highjack the other thread lol
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    It's not that he didn't announce anything; it's how flighty and non-committal he was. I mean, c'mon, he couldn't even give an install base estimate...

Really, it's the same "please don't go, I promise I'll change" stuff we've been hearing from Palm for the past year.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    It's not that he didn't announce anything; it's how flighty and non-committal he was. I mean, c'mon, he couldn't even give an install base estimate...

Really, it's the same "please don't go, I promise I'll change" stuff we've been hearing from Palm for the past year.
    But this time, he means it. As long as Sprint/Verizon/Android/Apple/"untrained Verizon reps"/fickle customers/God don't get in his way again, he's golden.
    The unfortunate thing is that he likely cannot say anything about new products. He was there to discuss WebOs 2.0. Hardware is not what the interviewer even wanted to talk about.

15. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    What interview? Any links?
    I'd buy that if he wasn't sandwiched between a presenter showing slides of smartphone adoption rates and Don Mattrick and Bobby Kotick talking about plastic instruments and Kinect.

At this stage of the game (hemmoraging customers, facing more credible competition than ever before), Rubenstein being under a gag order to not talk about new products just lends credence to Mark Hurd's quote about HP not buying Palm to get into the smartphone business.
    Interview -a conversation between two or more people (the interviewer and the interviewee) where questions are asked by the interviewer to obtain information from the interviewee.

If there is no new information, is it really an interview?
    I think Rubinstein was very eager to talk about the pre 2 and webOS 2.0. He jumped at the chance when given it but again, this wasn't an interview about the Pre 2. There is only so much he can talk about. The fact that he didn't release any new info doesn't mean that there isn't any. It just means he's not ALLOWED to say anything about it. A lot of companies do this. I don't know why people act like its a new thing.
  19. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    this wasn't an interview about the Pre 2. There is only so much he can talk about.
    It's DOA, he knows it, we know it - he's not going to stink out the room talking about it.

More interestingly, he did say this:

He was asked why developers would want to make apps running on WebOS which has a much smaller base of users than iOS or Android. Rubinstein said, "The pool of WebOS devices will grow dramatically."

That includes a "great tablet," which is coming soon. Rubinstein didn't provide any specifics about the tablet, like when it would actually hit the market.

Rubinstein was asked where Microsoft fits into HP's plans with tablet computing. He said HP has a separate group working on Windows tablets, and it made one for corporate customers that is selling well.

It sounded like he was saying WebOS will be for consumers, and Windows will be for corporations.

Read more: HP's Jon Rubinstein: We Have A "Great Tablet" Coming (HPQ, MSFT)
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    What interview? Any links?
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Interview -a conversation between two or more people (the interviewer and the interviewee) where questions are asked by the interviewer to obtain information from the interviewee.

If there is no new information, is it really an interview?
    Well aren't we picking the nits today....

Ok, so what if it was a robot version of Ruby, and the person he was talking to was a yeti.... does that change the content or the reason he was there?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast