Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Hey there!

Just received a shiny new Pre 2 and realized the mic is not working! I made a few calls and the other parties couldn't hear me at all. I also tried to use the headset to no avail.

I am now doing a deep reset to see if it helps.

Any ideas/suggestions?
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Send it straight back - you've bought something and the mic does not work properly out of the box, send it back and ask for a replacement.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Send it straight back - you've bought something and the mic does not work properly out of the box, send it back and ask for a replacement.
    If it doesn't work after the reset I will sure do.

I was hoping for a less dramatic solution, as I'm in Italy and would love to be playing with the new toy in the next 30 mins!
    So much for better QA :v
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    BTW, after a few attempts to make it work eventually I sent it back. They said they'll send a new one upon receiving mine.

The only downside (as if receiving a broken new toy isn't sad enough) is that DHL costs were on me, and to speed things up I used an express delivery that costed € 68,00.

Fingers crossed they send the new unit today..
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Thatīs bad service. Palm should refund the money for having to send it back to them once they confirm that the first phone they sent you is defective.
    Palm Vx (a classic) -> Palm m505 (*yawn*) -> Dell Axim (slooow...!) -> Palm TE (great) -> Qtek 9090 (great idea, lousy platform) -> Nokia 6630 (a toy) -> iMate SP3i (not bad) -> Nokia 9300 (can't sync notes!!) -> Treo 650 (awesome!) -> iPaq hw6915 (almost perfect) -> Nokia E51 (un/impressive) -> HTC Touch Enhanced (nice!) -> Samsung i780 (mousepad woes) -> HTC s740 (very good) -> Nokia E72 (RAM starved) -> HTC HD mini (...) -> Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hduty View Post
    Thatīs bad service. Palm should refund the money for having to send it back to them once they confirm that the first phone they sent you is defective.
    Totally agree with you... but what can we do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim-1 View Post
    Hey there!

Just received a shiny new Pre 2 and realized the mic is not working! I made a few calls and the other parties couldn't hear me at all. I also tried to use the headset to no avail.

I am now doing a deep reset to see if it helps.

Any ideas/suggestions?
    The man whose Pre 2 was broken complained until he met the man who had no Pre 2.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    The man whose Pre 2 was broken complained until he met the man who had no Pre 2.
    right...
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Palm sent me confirmation of shipment + the tracking number for the new handset a few minutes ago.
    If it wasn't for the costs of returning the faulty phone, I can't really complain about the speed of service!