Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I'm waiting for my Pre 2, but Will it be possible to install all the patches available for WebOS < 2.0?
    Palm Vx (a classic) -> Palm m505 (*yawn*) -> Dell Axim (slooow...!) -> Palm TE (great) -> Qtek 9090 (great idea, lousy platform) -> Nokia 6630 (a toy) -> iMate SP3i (not bad) -> Nokia 9300 (can't sync notes!!) -> Treo 650 (awesome!) -> iPaq hw6915 (almost perfect) -> Nokia E51 (un/impressive) -> HTC Touch Enhanced (nice!) -> Samsung i780 (mousepad woes) -> HTC s740 (very good) -> Nokia E72 (RAM starved) -> HTC HD mini (...) -> Palm Pre 2
    No. Almost all of patches for 1.4.5 and below will not work with 2.0...
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Short and concise... Thanks
    Palm Vx (a classic) -> Palm m505 (*yawn*) -> Dell Axim (slooow...!) -> Palm TE (great) -> Qtek 9090 (great idea, lousy platform) -> Nokia 6630 (a toy) -> iMate SP3i (not bad) -> Nokia 9300 (can't sync notes!!) -> Treo 650 (awesome!) -> iPaq hw6915 (almost perfect) -> Nokia E51 (un/impressive) -> HTC Touch Enhanced (nice!) -> Samsung i780 (mousepad woes) -> HTC s740 (very good) -> Nokia E72 (RAM starved) -> HTC HD mini (...) -> Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by hduty View Post
    Short and concise... Thanks

I'm sure some patches have been updated to work with 2.0. Just don't expect everything to be there...
    I'm waiting for my Pre 2, but Will it be possible to install all the patches available for WebOS < 2.0?
    Actually, with webos 2.0... there won't be the need for most patches. However, some patches will still be needed for the features webos don't have as of yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Actually, with webos 2.0... there won't be the need for most patches. However, some patches will still be needed for the features webos don't have as of yet.
    I've played around with 2.0. There is still a need for most patches...
    As Webos Internals has said, only 40/300 (approximately) patches work on Webos 2.0

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Palm 3C>>M100>>M500>>Tungsten T5>>Tungsten TX>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>Centro>>Pre>>Pre+>>Pre2
    Also, I just checked the webOS 2.0 patches feed and there are 0 patches listed. Looks like nothing has been updated for 2.0 yet...
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Where do one find these patches anyway?
    Want there to be patches by the time you get webOS 2.0? You could do this.
    Where do one find these patches anyway?
    They are listed here:
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/2.0.0/
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Want there to be patches by the time you get webOS 2.0? You could do this.
    Most patches are created/maintained by people on this forum. You'd need to ask the Dev to update their patches to webOS 2.0...

You should definitely still donate to webOS Internals though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Most patches are created/maintained by people on this forum. You'd need to ask the Dev to update their patches to webOS 2.0...

You should definitely still donate to webOS Internals though!
    Sconix' and Jason's patches will require a lot more work than most of the twenty-or-less-lines-of-code (not that they're not great, they are!) smaller patches; that's what I'm paying for!
    Hopefully this issue will get some front page attention, even if it is just in the form of a banner saying "Update your patch for webos 2.0"
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Sconix' and Jason's patches will require a lot more work than most of the twenty-or-less-lines-of-code (not that they're not great, they are!) smaller patches; that's what I'm paying for!
    Hey, I have a few tiny patches like that! My best patches are huge though... I guess I should start getting them updated... webOS 2.0 breaks all of them...
    2.0 patches will come with time. The only one I would want right off the bat is the glass effect for the new launcher. I hate the color of the default launcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    2.0 patches will come with time. The only one I would want right off the bat is the glass effect for the new launcher. I hate the color of the default launcher.
    I'll have to look into that. I'm not sure how the new Launcher works yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I'll have to look into that. I'm not sure how the new Launcher works yet...
    Yeah, they made so many changes to the launcher, Im sure some work would have to go into modifying that patch.
    They made a lot of changes to EVERYTHING lol. The homebrew patch landscape is going to look much different than it does today...
    Well yeah, lol. I was just talking about the launcher. I cant wait to see how it runs on my Pre. And the new and improved patches people will come up with.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast