Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    So yeah, I know there's Sprint Pre2 posts out there already, but I just thought I'd let people know that I talked to an associate at a Sprint corporate store while getting my Pre fixed (for the 4th time), and he is of the understanding that Sprint WILL be getting the Pre2 sometime in the next month or two- he doesn't have an exact date, but said that he is almost 100% sure Sprint WILL be getting it. This would be great to not have to switch carriers..

I realize that most phone reps blow a lot of smoke based on rumors themselves, but we'll have to see, I guess.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I bet he's confusing the Pre 2 with webos 2.0.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Well, I asked him if they were getting the new PHONE, and he said yes.. So we'll see. Maybe he heard something last week/weekend.
    Well, as we all know, Sprint Reps sometimes say things just to mess with customers, but who knows, it could happen.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Last when I was in getting my Pre fixed I heard the same thing. New phone in January. No details but 1 - same size back, same touchstone equipment, etc.

Says Pre 2 to me but we shall see.

Doesn't matter, I'm not doing anything now on Sprint until CES
    Dan
    Well thank God we can all breath a sigh of relief. It's now been confirmed the Pre2 is coming to Sprint!

Why is this not on the front page yet?!?
    I know this is an ongoing topic.. However, I still can't stop thinking if this could be a "Possibility" rather than a "Probability". Sprint has neither confirm or deny any question(s) regarding the pre 2. I'm aware that some people aren't interesting in getting the pre 2, but what about the hundreds on sprint facebook page, and here on the forum.

I'm still here spinning in a loop wondering what's going to happen come January of next year. There are so many unanswered questions that I would love to get answered. I wish they(Sprint) would just stop being a "Wimp" and just tell us(Webos users) that they don't want the pre 2, and is getting something new coming next year.

This just suck.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    zero chance.....
    So Sprint is now obligated to announce the devices they won't be carrying? Seems kinda unrealistic.

I laugh when people get angry at Sprint for not offering the Plus or Pre 2 and threaten to leave for Verizon or wherever. Here's a carrier that took a chance on WebOS, supported it for longer than pretty much any smartphone is supported these days (17 months before EOL), got almost all of the updates to users before other carriers, and offered the best working GPS for free on the best plans....but because they wouldn't keep throw away precious cash buying refreshed devices when it took them months to sell off existing stock, they're the dirty rotten villains of this saga.

Meanwhile, the "definitive answers" regarding the Palm Pre 2 in America and WebOS 2.0 updates offered by Palm are "coming soon" and "in the coming months" respectively. Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    zero chance.....
    Wow, now that sucks.
    <threads merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    ....but because they wouldn't keep throw away precious cash buying refreshed devices when it took them months to sell off existing stock, they're the dirty rotten villains of this saga.

Meanwhile, the "definitive answers" regarding the Palm Pre 2 in America and WebOS 2.0 updates offered by Palm are "coming soon" and "in the coming months" respectively. Awesome.
    It really has nothing to do with them being "dirty rotten villains", it has to do with pleasing their customer base. If they don't have the phone a customer wants, they should know why the customer is leaving.

If I decide having a Pre2 is more important to me than being a Sprint customer, but I would still prefer to remain a Sprint customer, then letting them know I may be leaving and why is the proper thing to do. Especially since we don't know exactly why they won't be carrying the Pre 2 (we really don't even know if they're not).

I'd do the same thing if my heart was set on an iPhone.
    Couldn't a patched WebOS for a Palm Pre 2 be activated on Sprint, since they both are CDMA based carriers? Has anyone thought of this?

Just my two cents.
    I dont understand why people go by what the sales reps say...they are clueless
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    I am under an employee account of a sprint rep who has happened to been one of my best friends for about 18 years, and he told me he has no idea about any webOS phones coming to sprint. He has heard absolutely nothing and he is pretty much the manager of the place he works at. The actual manager and him are very good friends and he has heard nothing.
    Sprint reps have told me the Iphone is coming. They know nothing. Its not coming folks.
    Sales reps don't know much more than we do at any given point. They are like any salesperson: they will tell you what you need to hear in order to keep you and/or make a sale. Such is life.....

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    So Sprint is now obligated to announce the devices they won't be carrying? Seems kinda unrealistic.

I laugh when people get angry at Sprint for not offering the Plus or Pre 2 and threaten to leave for Verizon or wherever. Here's a carrier that took a chance on WebOS, supported it for longer than pretty much any smartphone is supported these days (17 months before EOL), got almost all of the updates to users before other carriers, and offered the best working GPS for free on the best plans....but because they wouldn't keep throw away precious cash buying refreshed devices when it took them months to sell off existing stock, they're the dirty rotten villains of this saga.

I understand what your saying, and it does seem that way that people are blaming sprint for not (to this point) carring a update to the Palm Pre. Me personally feel that if how Sprint feels is that they were at the short end of the stick with carring the original pre then fine. Though of course nobody knows exact numbers the Sprint Pre brought in, returns, refurbs, and if it benifited the company or not. My thing is to everyone really, that we cant expect a carrier to announce anything, if they don't feel they should have to. So to me regardless if they plan on launching a new device anytime soon, its up to them to let us know so. All we can do is speculate on how they feel about the Pre (and no not that statement the VP made, because again it was nothing dergatory just stating it didnt do as well as hoped), if they plan on providing Webos devices still etc. Though we can atleast see they still plan on if you want to speculate. They ended the Pre of course after what 17 months was it, but so did Verizon and they are going to carry the pre 2. They still carry the pixi, and usually when a company ends a life of a OS they plan to replace it in the near future, especially if they still are carring a sibling of it in the pixi. Also if you think Sprint lost money with the pre (as know one knows def numbers as stated) I wounder how much money Verizon lost. Though Verizon still plans on carring the Pre 2, and right now is the #1 carrier in the US, and is home of Android, and soon to be the Iphone. So its ok to speculate, but to give defenites on why Sprint or any other carrier is not going to carry a device is wrong, unless supported by facts IMO.
    According to the article below on mopocket, the Palm Pre 2 is coming to All Major Carriers (including Sprint) very soon. Verizon is just a "launch" partner because they have better marketing:
    mopocket Blog Archive Hands on with the Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    According to the article below on mopocket, the Palm Pre 2 is coming to All Major Carriers (including Sprint) very soon. Verizon is just a "launch" partner because they have better marketing:
    mopocket Blog Archive Hands on with the Palm Pre 2
    I really hope that article is right. How I would love to have a quality built webOS device.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast