Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    i know this is a sore topic for just about EVERY sprint user out there, and i know i might get flamed for this but...

i was a little upset and talked to sprint today. I asked the first customer service person if they were going to get the new Pre2 because the Pre is no longer on the website. They passed me off to tech support for some reason thinking my pre was not able to get online. I talked to Tech support and asked if my Pre was "broken" would i get the new Pre2 as a replacement since the Pre is no longer listed on the website. She looked in her computer and did not see anything on the replacement but then proceeded to call someone in Advanced tech support. She came back on the phone and told me that it's not available now but it's scheduled to be released to sprint but not clear when. I told her the reason for my question is that i have several apps that i have purchased (ok maybe not) that i would not be able to move over to a new phone if they didnt carry the new device. So She assured me that they are planning to carry the new Pre2 but unclear on the release date at this moment.

i have the fire suit on. so let the flames begin..

-Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by bear9494 View Post
    i know this is a sore topic for just about EVERY sprint user out there, and i know i might get flamed for this but...

i was a little upset and talked to sprint today. I asked the first customer service person if they were going to get the new Pre2 because the Pre is no longer on the website. They passed me off to tech support for some reason thinking my pre was not able to get online. I talked to Tech support and asked if my Pre was "broken" would i get the new Pre2 as a replacement since the Pre is no longer listed on the website. She looked in her computer and did not see anything on the replacement but then proceeded to call someone in Advanced tech support. She came back on the phone and told me that it's not available now but it's scheduled to be released to sprint but not clear when. I told her the reason for my question is that i have several apps that i have purchased (ok maybe not) that i would not be able to move over to a new phone if they didnt carry the new device. So She assured me that they are planning to carry the new Pre2 but unclear on the release date at this moment.

i have the fire suit on. so let the flames begin..

-Bear
    I don't think you'll need the flame suit. It's been rumored for quite a while that while Sprint is not a Launch partner, they do plan to carry the Pre 2, or at least a WebOS device starting next year.

I don't think we'll hear much about Sprint and WebOS until either CES or until at Verizon gets there Pre 2 launched. So, Jan '11.

Quote Originally Posted by dgdonovan View Post
    I'm certain Sprint wants something at least equivalent to the EVO. Larger screen, WiMax support, 8M pixel camera, TI OMAP 4XXX. Could these be accomplished with Palm's current 1100ma battery? Maybe, but battery life would really suck. The phone needs to have a larger form factor to accomodate doubling the battery capacity. The Pre's "river stone" design is sort of unique in feel, but we're seeing subtle changes with Pre 2. Would be really cool if they could build a device with bevelled/curved gorilla glass.
    The OMAP4 is so far ahead of the Snapdragon in the Evo it wouldn't just be on par with it, it would outperform it by a wide margin. Even the next generation Snapdragon chips are still based on the Cortex A8 and will get smacked around by any Cortex A9 based CPU. (Samsung Orion, TI OMAP4, Tegra 2, etc)
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMav View Post
    I was told by a Sprint customer service rep, while on the line regarding a customer service issue at my local Sprint store, that every time they get a request for the Pre 2 they have been forwarding it to the marketing department and that while the decision is has not been finalized, Sprint as a whole is well-aware that there is a demand. Don't know if the word of a guy trained to keep me as a customer is any better than that of one trained to sell me something though.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Sent them an email today explaining how I've used the pre 2 and it is amazing, but I don't want to go to Verizon. Hopefully they pick it up...
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I got a call from a Sprint rep about buying a new phone with them. I told him I wasn't upgrading until they got the Pre 2 and asked him when they were getting it. He said they had a rep come in about 2-3 weeks ago and show them the new phones from Palm. The Pre 2 is supposed to be out in the middle of the summer on Sprint.

I know, I know, it is from a Sprint rep so take it for what it's worth.
    pre 2 in the middle of the summer huh. i hope thats not true. a little late to the party.
    I'd say that's WAYYYYY too late!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info, but I was hoping for some new hardware by then.

Hopefully Thursday brings at least something of HP's roadmap under light.
    Yikes, not until midsummer! Alas, it's probably true.
    Maybe it will be the Palm Pre 2 Plus with 4G.

Take that Verizon!
    yeah I doubt thats correct since HP has stated that the pre 2 will only be on sale most likely for another 2 to 3 months, then they will launch their first HP branded devices. So no I doubt this highly, unless HP intends on letting what stock they have of the pre 2 be sold and activated on the sprint network, which at this point wouldnt be a bad idea giving sprint customers the option to buy the device strictly through HP (with a contract with sprint or not). That of course would need carrier approval, and at this point I doubt sprint will want to even do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    yeah I doubt thats correct since HP has stated that the pre 2 will only be on sale most likely for another 2 to 3 months, then they will launch their first HP branded devices. So no I doubt this highly, unless HP intends on letting what stock they have of the pre 2 be sold and activated on the sprint network, which at this point wouldnt be a bad idea giving sprint customers the option to buy the device strictly through HP (with a contract with sprint or not). That of course would need carrier approval, and at this point I doubt sprint will want to even do that.
    Where did HP state that the Palm pre 2 would only be on sale for 2-3 months?
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    pre 2 in the middle of the summer huh. i hope thats not true. a little late to the party.
    Maybe the Rep meant a different future webOS phone. Pre2 being released on Sprint in the summer is too ridiculous to be true lol
    I think they will get a new Palm phone in that timeframe, but not a Pre2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I think they will get a new Palm phone in that timeframe, but not a Pre2.
    Care to speculate further on that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Where did HP state that the Palm pre 2 would only be on sale for 2-3 months?
    it was a rumor, ima get the source hold on.
    heres the rumor stating the pre 2 wont be on sale very long:

Just as soon as the Palm Pre 2 hits the U.S. market, says a “tipster” to PhoneArena, its days will be numbered. After two months to be more exact, HP will discontinue production of the Palm Pre 2 in favor of its own new hardware coming down the pipeline.

We have mixed emotions about this. On one hand, it’s a bit sad that we hardly will get to know the Pre 2, and we also have a hunch it will be the last phone carrying the Palm name. On the other hand, it’s good to know HP is paving the way for its own stellar hardware that we all know webOS deserves. … And again, these are just rumors here, folks. We’re merely passing ‘em along to you.

RUMOR: Palm Pre 2 to be Discontinued Soon? | webOSroundup
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I think what he meant was the middle of last summer.
    I was in a Sprint store before Christmas and the rep said they had just been told that Sprint will get its next webOS phone in March. He didn't know which model.

I took his news with a grain of salt (well, maybe more than a grain).
    March sounds more and more likely now. HP plans a webOS event in early February and announce the release of a new phone by mid March.

Sounds very likely. *fingers crossed*
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast