Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I'm counting on new Palm devices coming to Sprint soon or at least soonish. If not I'll have to switch carriers. But I do plan on waiting a bit to see what the new devices will be...I'm just not sure how long my pre can hold out. The crack in the corner is starting to worry me.
    Long Live Palm
    Why do people continue to make comments about the Pre 2 being "outdated"? The processing power, storage, and camera are all top tier. Yes, yes, the screen size is not big, but many people prefer the smaller size and the form factor of the Pre 2 (which is why the DROID Pro exists).

The Pre 2 is NOT outdated, it's just not pushing the envelope. Next year is less than 45 days away...
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    Why do people continue to make comments about the Pre 2 being "outdated"? The processing power, storage, and camera are all top tier. Yes, yes, the screen size is not big, but many people prefer the smaller size and the form factor of the Pre 2 (which is why the DROID Pro exists).

The Pre 2 is NOT outdated, it's just not pushing the envelope. Next year is less than 45 days away...
    Yeah this bugs me too. If the Pre 2 launched with a slow *** 600mhz CPU like the BB Torch then people would have something to complain about. The internals along with webOS 2.0 really make the Pre 2 a solid device.

I bought a Epic 4G to try out for 30 days still keeping my Pre as my primary line. I have only had it for a couple days but I really am having a hard time getting used to Android. It is just too cluttered and confusing compared to iOS and webOS. The hardware is great though. I love the 4" AMOLED screen and the autofocus camera.

So far it's not looking good for the Epic, but I will give it a chance over the next few weeks.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Sprint reps have told me the Iphone is coming. They know nothing. Its not coming folks.
    There is no way you can know one way or the other... Either we will get it on sprint or we will not get it on sprint so statements like that are unneeded... not trying to cause a fight or dis you just saying... You dont know so dont post that like to do...
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    According to the article below on mopocket, the Palm Pre 2 is coming to All Major Carriers (including Sprint) very soon. Verizon is just a "launch" partner because they have better marketing:
    mopocket Blog Archive Hands on with the Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by adebo View Post
    I really hope that article is right. How I would love to have a quality built webOS device.
    I'm a writer at MoPocket and we were told again last night that we could expect new Web OS devices on all major US carriers, but that they couldn't go into specifics.

So there may be a new device on Sprint, but it might not be the Pre 2.

For example, we were told that due to difficulties with T-Mobile's band and antenna design, they're going to be going straight to an LTE device.

The Sprint person was less forthcoming, but the reaction to "any news on the Pre2" got quite a reaction. The requests of the WebOS community are absolutely being heard.
    would be nice to get a better built and faster pre on sprint ! But I won't hold my breath. I just don't want a brick for a phone. Those big ol 4" screen phones are way to big for me.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    If the Pre2 does not end up on Sprint, I demand that you come back here to this post and apologize for your lies and fake news. You are no better than all those other posts you referenced. Just wait for news or Mr. Blurry Cam.
    Likewise, if the Pre2 does come to Sprint, I demand that you come back and apologize for your flurry of attacks against this person.

Look, this person is simply reporting what he heard from someone. He is not the one saying it, he is simply sharing some information. So relax....if you're not interested, don't read the post.
    Sprint Palm Pre 1.4.5 @ 1G
    Quote Originally Posted by Typo Lad View Post
    The Sprint person was less forthcoming, but the reaction to "any news on the Pre2" got quite a reaction. The requests of the WebOS community are absolutely being heard.
    On that point I agree. I sent an email to dan@sprint.com (no, it doesn't really go to Hesse, I understand that, but the point of the mailbox is for him to get feedback from customers).

An assistant called me back (which has happened with others on here), and said what we've all heard (though many "rumors" go way too far to the negative) - that they have not made an official announcment one way or the other. The next statement was the nice nugget though - she said "but we sure have been getting a lot of feedback about the Pre2".
    i'm a business customer and have my staff of 10 settled in on sprint and pre's (treo's before that) - we put a lot of effort into webos and were pretty miffed to find out we had no upgrade path

i was on the phone with sprint about an account issue last night, and as we've been with them for over 10 years, i usally get bumped to higher level customer support - anyway, when i mentioned how disappointed we were about not being able to get pre2's, i was told it would just be a couple of months - i asked whether she was sure she didn't meant webos 2.0, because i was asking about the phone handset - yes, the phone, and basically that sprint didn't go for the launch exclusive, but it doesn't mean they won't be getting pre2's

not official, just another hearsay i know, but thought i would add it to the pile
    I don't know what all the fuss is about with the Pre 2 not being on Sprint. Honestly, I think it's a good decision and here's why. Sprint is an inferior network. Verizon is top dog and clearly has better service nationwide than any other carrier. That being said, lets look at the business side of it. The Apple iPhone is the #1 phone in America, followed closely by the droid phones. Well if HPalm wants to succeed and gain a ton of market share with webOS why on earth would they release their phones exclusively to Sprint or even on sprint at all? They wouldn't. You can't have a true "iPhone Killer" on an inferior network, it just won't happen. Only an ***** would switch to an inferior network just to have an awesome phone with crappy service (yes iPhone people I'm talking to you...AT&T's service sucks.) That being said, which network would you PREFER to launch your device on? Verizon. I think all of us here on precentral want to see webOS succeed to its greatest potential because we all know how truly awesome it is. Therefore we should all quit getting our panties in a bunch about Sprint and maybe realize the fact that HPalm is trying to do what's best for webOS and what's best for their company, seeing that Palm nearly failed last time with still an amazing product.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loosh11 View Post
    I don't know what all the fuss is about with the Pre 2 not being on Sprint. Honestly, I think it's a good decision and here's why. Sprint is an inferior network. Verizon is top dog and clearly has better service nationwide than any other carrier. That being said, lets look at the business side of it. The Apple iPhone is the #1 phone in America, followed closely by the droid phones. Well if HPalm wants to succeed and gain a ton of market share with webOS why on earth would they release their phones exclusively to Sprint or even on sprint at all? They wouldn't. You can't have a true "iPhone Killer" on an inferior network, it just won't happen. Only an ***** would switch to an inferior network just to have an awesome phone with crappy service (yes iPhone people I'm talking to you...AT&T's service sucks.) That being said, which network would you PREFER to launch your device on? Verizon. I think all of us here on precentral want to see webOS succeed to its greatest potential because we all know how truly awesome it is. Therefore we should all quit getting our panties in a bunch about Sprint and maybe realize the fact that HPalm is trying to do what's best for webOS and what's best for their company, seeing that Palm nearly failed last time with still an amazing product.
    I am not sure how you can label Sprint as an "inferior" network compared to Verizon. Every network has its pros and its cons and those even vary where you are. HPalm would make a mistake by only releasing their new webOS devices on one carrier and choosing to alienate the rest of the carriers. If you think the iPhone is successful now, imagine what would happen if all of the major carriers had it. You can already see it with Android. Android market share has exploded since you can get it on every single major carrier. Palm has a loyal base of users on Sprint, and it would be a huge mistake to leave them out. Palm users on Sprint have every right to be upset about not getting a device.
    I don't know what all the fuss is about with the Pre 2 not being on Sprint. Honestly, I think it's a good decision and here's why. Sprint is an inferior network. Verizon is top dog and clearly has better service nationwide than any other carrier.
    Natively speaking, you're right. Sprint's network is smaller. But you need to remember that not everyone cares about having coverage in the middle of the desert. And in most markets, where there's no Sprint coverage, customers roam on VZW for free and it's mostly transparent to the consumer.

That being said, lets look at the business side of it. The Apple iPhone is the #1 phone in America, followed closely by the droid phones. Well if HPalm wants to succeed and gain a ton of market share with webOS why on earth would they release their phones exclusively to Sprint or even on sprint at all? They wouldn't.
    I agree that another Sprint exclusive would be a foolhardy idea, but failing to release on Sprint at all is also foolish. Sprint currently serves just under 49 million customers. That's a huge market to ignore.

You can't have a true "iPhone Killer" on an inferior network, it just won't happen. Only an ***** would switch to an inferior network just to have an awesome phone with crappy service (yes iPhone people I'm talking to you...AT&T's service sucks.)
    Well, millions of "idiots" do just that each quarter. So I guess it's time to start realizing that an *****'s money is just as green as a non-*****'s.

That being said, which network would you PREFER to launch your device on? Verizon.
    You're serious? I think another botched Sprint launch would be preferable to another emasculation and evisceration of the Pre by Verizon. At least Sprint was trying to sell people on the Pre.

Remember how Palm had to start Project JumpStart, just so they could "sell" the idea of the Pre to VZW employees, so they'd stop pushing Droids and BBs on people asking about the Pre?

I agree with you on the "VZW has a bigger network" point, but from an advertising and support perspective ... really?

I think all of us here on precentral want to see webOS succeed to its greatest potential because we all know how truly awesome it is. Therefore we should all quit getting our panties in a bunch about Sprint and maybe realize the fact that HPalm is trying to do what's best for webOS and what's best for their company, seeing that Palm nearly failed last time with still an amazing product.
    We can agree that webOS is awesome and has much bigger potential than it's currently fulfilling. I think people have different ideas about the best way to go about fixing that, though. For my part, I have to side with the folks disappointed in the Pre2 not coming to Sprint. Despite the fact that the Pre2 isn't going to be anywhere near a smash hit, no matter where it launches, webOS can only grow stronger if as many people as possible are given the chance to use it. And a lot of people are finding Sprint's value a hell of a lot better than Verizon's these days. I know I have for years.

Nothing wrong with spirited debate!

you also fail to remember how Verizon treated the Plus version. Now with more android phones, and soon the iphone how do you think the pre 2 will fair this time. This is I think the major fuss, on a network who marketed their version of the pre to mothers, and ended up giving them away, not only due to the plus not doing so well period, but also how their sales reps pushed the droid over it. To me I have no problem with them releasing it on any other carrier, but if the reason the pre 2 is not being launched on sprint along side Verizon because HP not Sprint dosent want to then thats a issue. Though not confermed, I think Sprint initially turned it down, and maybe are having second thoughts due to the reacation it got from its loyal sprint customers (polls, phone calls etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    would be nice to get a better built and faster pre on sprint ! But I won't hold my breath. I just don't want a brick for a phone. Those big ol 4" screen phones are way to big for me.
    I completely agree. I am a big guy and those big screen phones are too big for me even. The Pre 2 would be perfect for me on Sprint.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    I completely agree. I am a big guy and those big screen phones are too big for me even. The Pre 2 would be perfect for me on Sprint.
    I second that and I too am a big guy, and I though the idea of a mobile phone is for it to be ....mobile. I had a Evo on one of my lines for a few months, and apart from not liking Androids OS still (Ive had alot of experiance with it, still not sold) I hated the fact that I carried around a mini tablet in my pocket. To me if I need something bigger then the max 3.5 inches, Ill get a laptop, computer or a tablet.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    I second that and I too am a big guy, and I though the idea of a mobile phone is for it to be ....mobile. I had a Evo on one of my lines for a few months, and apart from not liking Androids OS still (Ive had alot of experiance with it, still not sold) I hated the fact that I carried around a mini tablet in my pocket. To me if I need something bigger then the max 3.5 inches, Ill get a laptop, computer or a tablet.
    I am with you as well. I used an EVO for 5 months and to me it is too big as well. I do not miss the hassle of trying to get the EVO out of my pocket when it was ringing. Not to mention my battery dying before lunch on a daily basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typo Lad View Post
    I'm a writer at MoPocket and we were told again last night that we could expect new Web OS devices on all major US carriers, but that they couldn't go into specifics.

So there may be a new device on Sprint, but it might not be the Pre 2.

For example, we were told that due to difficulties with T-Mobile's band and antenna design, they're going to be going straight to an LTE device.

I'm certain Sprint wants something at least equivalent to the EVO. Larger screen, WiMax support, 8M pixel camera, TI OMAP 4XXX. Could these be accomplished with Palm's current 1100ma battery? Maybe, but battery life would really suck. The phone needs to have a larger form factor to accomodate doubling the battery capacity. The Pre's "river stone" design is sort of unique in feel, but we're seeing subtle changes with Pre 2. Would be really cool if they could build a device with bevelled/curved gorilla glass.
    Lol I wouldn't normally comment on post like this, but this time I just have to say.. I totally agree with this guy, this is exactly why great phone like the EVO and this EPIC fell flat on their face and there is not 1 person who even knows about these phones we of course wouldn't want somethin similar to happen to the next webos phone right.... :-/ ...smh......sn: poor lost p|c poster....

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by xylos555 View Post
    I really have no interest in paying $10 per month more for "4G" that is not available even remotely near where I live (AZ), and there is no projected date for availability. I am actually annoyed by Sprint's insistence on it being in their phones when the network is not even available to most of their customers. Having said that, I desperately want a replacement for my Pre......
    I completely agree with you about not having 4g coverage but having to pay the ten bucks. However Sprint does have the best plans in regards to data coverage. Also i'm pretty sure verizon/att/tmobile all have or will have the same issues regarding '4g' coverage.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    You know, I agree with you, but just a few years ago I was saying the same thing about the smartphone market, insisting on carrying a separate phone and PDA because they just couldn't make a smartphone that was good as a phone AND good as a PDA.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast