Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Keep such things to yourself. Try that. Get a recording of the person saying it or don't post at it. You are wasting bytes (or bits, whatever).
    I don't think this post was really needed other ppl (like myself) would like to hear news like that, besides your supposed to take info like this lightly it's not official after all
    Add this to the long list (or thread merge) of rumors without A HINT of information backing it up. You sir, have either not learned or are new here.
    Keep such things to yourself. Try that. Get a recording of the person saying it or don't post at it. You are wasting bytes (or bits, whatever).
    I think that Sprint owners (including me) are interested in learning what other owners are being told by Sprint. You can move along to another thread if you are not interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by mindonmillions08 View Post
    I don't think this post was really needed other ppl (like myself) would like to hear news like that, besides your supposed to take info like this lightly it's not official after all
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I think that Sprint owners (including me) are interested in learning what other owners are being told by Sprint. You can move along to another thread if you are not interested.
    I couldn't agree more. I just ordered an old used beat up Pre off ebay because the modem in mine is going out and I don't want anything else, until a better WebOS device comes out.

Do threads like this one provide any 'solid' informatio? Of course not.

Is it good to know that at least some of the people working for sprint believe there will be other sprint devices in the next couple of months? Absolutely.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    A bit harsh, isn't it? I mean, that is what these forums are for. I too am tired of hearing rumors and want some hard facts (and devices). But to tell someone to keep it to himself and not post????
    Sprint Palm Pre 1.4.5 @ 1G
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jadiff View Post
    A bit harsh, isn't it? I mean, that is what these forums are for. I too am tired of hearing rumors and want some hard facts (and devices). But to tell someone to keep it to himself and not post????
    As a Sprint user, I would love to hear CONCRETE news on what is going on between WebOS and Sprint. But honestly, how many times have we heard the reps, CSRs, techs, etc talk the talk and this same info being relayed to users and thus spatted back.

Reason I said to keep it to yourself is simply because it does no good to post such things. How many times have people told us news, but when the time comes for the news to be true, it never is true. And these people never come back and apologize for misleading us or getting our hopes up. THey just go back to making more and more threads of useless info from people who are NOT in the know.

It's like saying because I work for the federal government, I should know all these things about policy, laws, amendments, etc. But we all know that's not the case.
    As a Sprint user, I would love to hear CONCRETE news on what is going on between WebOS and Sprint. But honestly, how many times have we heard the reps, CSRs, techs, etc talk the talk and this same info being relayed to users and thus spatted back.

Reason I said to keep it to yourself is simply because it does no good to post such things. How many times have people told us news, but when the time comes for the news to be true, it never is true. And these people never come back and apologize for misleading us or getting our hopes up. THey just go back to making more and more threads of useless info from people who are NOT in the know...
    Okay, then check back in with Precentral.net in a couple of months or wait for Sprint's "Official" release statement if it comes. Nobody forced you to read this thread, and nobody forced you to believe the OP. Certainly nobody forced you to be a jerk about the thread.
    It's like saying because I work for the federal government, I should know all these things about policy, laws, amendments, etc. But we all know that's not the case.
    I do... and I do... LOL.... ROFL...
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I do... and I do... LOL.... ROFL...
    Lol. Yeah, I'm a newbie. Nobody tells me nothing!
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    Okay, then check back in with Precentral.net in a couple of months or wait for Sprint's "Official" release statement if it comes. Nobody forced you to read this thread, and nobody forced you to believe the OP. Certainly nobody forced you to be a jerk about the thread.
    No, I'm just being a realist. Try it sometime. Not to mention to also use common sense in your judgement.

In addition, I'm not only talking about an official release. A picture, more details from a confirmed person within the company. That stuff is fine.
    Last edited by bnceo; 11/18/2010 at 09:37 AM.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Something is only true if it sounds to good to be true to begin with ;-)
    No, I'm just being a realist. Try it sometime. Not to mention to also use common sense in your judgement.

In addition, I'm not only talking about an official release. A picture, more details from a confirmed person within the company. That stuff is fine.

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think if there was something to show (like a pic or specs) that someone would risk their job so some random could know that a new phone was coming before they were allowed to say anything.... Just my 2 cents, take everything with a grain of salt n if you don't like what you see in a thread press alt+F4
    Conjecture is only helpful to a point. But this is all it is supposed to be. It's okay to hear about the buzz.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    My personal guess is that Sprint will be the exclusive carrier of the HP/Palm "super phone" come January as well as their launch partner for their tablet (it would just make sense, Sprint has the biggest WebOS customer base, it's the place their flagship device will succeed the best). I think we'll see a slab "super duper phone" a refreshed pixi and the pre2 all on Sprint come next year. I don't really see a landscape slider, just doesn't "feel" likely to me.
    Here's my take on all the Sprint rumor shenanigans:

1. First off everyone seems to be loosing patience, I've noticed people are a bit more testy on this site lately.
    2. Secondly, we're all bored of the generic "A Sprint rep told me..." stories with no other qualifiers. If you must walk into a Sprint store and ask for insider information at least try to be more like an investigative journalist instead of a blind follower who takes everything at face value.

El_dheeb's story is different:
    because he/she has a personal connection and qualified who the person was giving the information. This doesn't mean it is factual but at least there is more insight in this story then most others.
    Well, for what it's worth, I just called Spring and asked about whether I could buy a Pre 2 from them, and they guy I spoke with went off-line to "look it up" and came back and said "yes, but not for a few months."

So, I find if vaguely interesting that Sprint is new telling people that. I'd find it a lot more interesting if there was a date and a phone and an official announcement.

I mostly called not to learn anything (I don't feel like I know any more now than half an hour ago) but because I bet that Sprint keeps track of requests like that. And yes, I said that I'm looking at moving to a Pre on some other network if Sprint isn't going to carry it. (which is true, although I've been quite happy with Sprint.)

Dunno if it's worth waiting a few months to find out if Sprint is still in the game, or if I should just go buy an unlocked GSM one now and buy month-to-month service from AT&T or T-Mobile. Those would probably work as a phone (with a different chip) in other countries, which would be nice.

Sigh. I wish there were real solid "good news for Sprint customers".
    Ugh. Ya, seems like next year has been the standard reply for Pre 2 on Sprint. March sounds about right, especially if Verizon has now pushed their phone back to January. Being a Launch partner they probably want at least a couple months head start.

Time to just enjoy my current phone and wait for the big release news instead of following rumors. It's hurting my soul.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    Well, for what it's worth, I just called Spring and asked about whether I could buy a Pre 2 from them, and they guy I spoke with went off-line to "look it up" and came back and said "yes, but not for a few months."

So, I find if vaguely interesting that Sprint is new telling people that. I'd find it a lot more interesting if there was a date and a phone and an official announcement.

I mostly called not to learn anything (I don't feel like I know any more now than half an hour ago) but because I bet that Sprint keeps track of requests like that. And yes, I said that I'm looking at moving to a Pre on some other network if Sprint isn't going to carry it. (which is true, although I've been quite happy with Sprint.)

Dunno if it's worth waiting a few months to find out if Sprint is still in the game, or if I should just go buy an unlocked GSM one now and buy month-to-month service from AT&T or T-Mobile. Those would probably work as a phone (with a different chip) in other countries, which would be nice.

Sigh. I wish there were real solid "good news for Sprint customers".
    My local Sprint store, (3rd party, non corporate repair center), also said they were told that the Pre2 is coming next year. I know the store manager fairly well, and he usually tries to get me to switch to an EVO, (like he did), whenever I replace my Pre, (5 times, 2 bad touch screens, 1 bad keyboard & 1 bad speaker), so far... - the record for the store is 13!)

He was correct when he told me Sprint was going to be discontinuing (EOL), the Pre a couple of months ago, ...and at the time said I REALLY should switch to an EVO. :-)

But, last week, when I had to again replace my Pre, (another blown speaker), he said his corporate contact told him they were indeed getting the Pre2 sometime early next year.

Sounds like that's becoming a theme to the posts lately...

For me, I'll wait for CES and see what happens.\
    If Sprint is getting something next year, it cannot be the Pre2 but something better from the pipe at Palm. The Pre2 right not is really pushing the outdated flag as is then next year it will be VERY outdated compared to some Android releases expected then. Prolly a 4G HD webos device.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    If Sprint is getting something next year, it cannot be the Pre2 but something better from the pipe at Palm. The Pre2 right not is really pushing the outdated flag as is then next year it will be VERY outdated compared to some Android releases expected then. Prolly a 4G HD webos device.
    It wouldn't be surprising if they released the Pre2 as well as another device at the same time. It's always good to have choice, the Pre2 will be a perfect fit for some people, especially if it comes in at a good price point.
  20. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Put your business (owner/manager/stock holder) hat's on . . . and I think the answer will pop out why Sprint and HP/Palm have not done their deal yet. 2010 was a good year for Sprint and I suspect HP/Palm's business plan supports them entering the Tablet and Smartphone market in 2011. Several folks have touched on what I think we'll see --- Sprint being the partner that HP/Palm attempts to gain market share with in 2011. A month ago, I didn't think I'd stay with Sprint if we (Sprint PREers) didn't get the next WebOS platform, but my patience has grown. I am holding out for the next premier phone that the Palm Nation knows will come (4G maybe???) and will be in the front of the line for the tablet as well . . .

(FWIW, I assume the PRE2 is a legacy Palm product and not HPs design)
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast