Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    maybe they wernt allowed to say anything in regards to future devices? maybe..just maybe...
    ...We are the customers... without us companies aren't nothing. Regardless of not being able to say anything at that time ~ what about now, since the pre 2 is not such a secret anymore. A simple "Yes or No" answer would have been suffice. All sprint seem to be interested in what they want, not what their customers need.
    they (being palm) already have a new phone out so the net two devices will be a slab and a forthcoming pre replacement vertical slider !! along with the tablet . just an opinion.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    ...We are the customers... without us companies aren't nothing. Regardless of not being able to say anything at that time ~ what about now, since the pre 2 is not such a secret anymore. A simple "Yes or No" answer would have been suffice. All sprint seem to be interested in what they want, not what their customers need.
    yup thats what it seems like to me, and to me its seems sprint is getting a big head a bit since they posted their first plus Q, and now that they have Android, and 4G pushing them sales right now. Though of course we are at Sprints mercy, to me it shouldnt be a big deal letting their customers know whats going on with their Webos lineup if there will be one.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    +1 exactly what Im saying
    +1 exactly what I'm saying too! -This whole post is a rumor (a bad one at that too) I thought we were merging all these silly rumor threads anyway, what happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    +1 exactly what I'm saying too! -This whole post is a rumor (a bad one at that too) I thought we were merging all these silly rumor threads anyway, what happened?
    Your previous post stated "It's been confirmed..." - that would imply something a bit beyond a rumor, or "something a Sprint rep said.."

jim
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    they (being palm) already have a new phone out so the net two devices will be a slab and a forthcoming pre replacement vertical slider !! along with the tablet . just an opinion.
    They are releasing a Pre replacement vertical slider right now (Pre 2) so I'd guess the two new phones would be a slab and a horizontal slider which are the form factors of 99% of the competition. (Although I'm not quite sure how a horizontal slider would work with webOS.) Anyway, I hope you are right because the vertical slider is my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Your previous post stated "It's been confirmed..." - that would imply something a bit beyond a rumor, or "something a Sprint rep said.."
    jim
    I also said, "Why is this not on the front page yet?!?" I assumed that bit of sarcasm would have been picked up on.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I also said, "Why is this not on the front page yet?!?" I assumed that bit of sarcasm would have been picked up on.
    Sorry but this missunderstanding was all your fault for failing to include the manditoiry government warning for the humor impared. Next time please be sure to include the following disclaimer:

Warning: The piece below contains sarcasm, parody, hyperbole, and other elements of a communications style known as "humor". If you have been diagnosed as having H.I.S. -- Humor Impaired Syndrome, please do not read the following but instead lie down and watch old My Little Margie episodes on DVD.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Sorry but this missunderstanding was all your fault for failing to include the manditoiry government warning for the humor impared. Next time please be sure to include the following disclaimer:

Warning: The piece below contains sarcasm, parody, hyperbole, and other elements of a communications style known as "humor". If you have been diagnosed as having H.I.S. -- Humor Impaired Syndrome, please do not read the following but instead lie down and watch old My Little Margie episodes on DVD.
    Wow, are you being serious. I really have to do that?
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrok View Post
    So yeah, I know there's Sprint Pre2 posts out there already, but I just thought I'd let people know that I talked to an associate at a Sprint corporate store while getting my Pre fixed (for the 4th time), and he is of the understanding that Sprint WILL be getting the Pre2 sometime in the next month or two- he doesn't have an exact date, but said that he is almost 100% sure Sprint WILL be getting it. This would be great to not have to switch carriers..

I realize that most phone reps blow a lot of smoke based on rumors themselves, but we'll have to see, I guess.
    You say you read related topics before. But didn't you see that all these topics basically used the same words "almost 100% sure". Yet, you posted anyways. So the whole preface before your post makes you look even more silly.

If the Pre2 does not end up on Sprint, I demand that you come back here to this post and apologize for your lies and fake news. You are no better than all those other posts you referenced. Just wait for news or Mr. Blurry Cam.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djmasa View Post
    Couldn't a patched WebOS for a Palm Pre 2 be activated on Sprint, since they both are CDMA based carriers? Has anyone thought of this?

Just my two cents.
    ESNs are not in the Sprint system. So nope.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by el_dheeb View Post
    just walked into a sprint store looking at reluctantly replacing my pre. A technition told me to wait until january when 2 new phones and 1 new tablet would be announced by sprint. Said he wasn't allowed to speak that much about it--but he assured me repeatedly (because I asked him numerous ways) that Sprint was not abandoning Palm.
    Add this to the long list (or thread merge) of rumors without A HINT of information backing it up. You sir, have either not learned or are new here.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Oh boy...ANOTHER claim that a Palm phone will be coming to the U.S. at some undeterminded point in the future.

Not a knock on you...just a knock on HP/Palm's less-than-stellar handling of the Pre 2 release.
    The pre 2 isn't meant to be some savior device. HP is just trying to keep webos relevant and get whatever market share they can until January. More than likely the pre2 will be the unlocked device they can package with other hardware/services. Also it's out there to get more developers accustomed to webos 2.0. I seriously doubt they're interested in wasting some of their marketing budget for a device that will probably will become obsolete the minute January rolls around. By that i mean what will be announced by HP/Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post

haha that made me LOL
    @hesosmoove:

I suspect that is also the reason Sprint "passed" on the Pre2. My guess is they will offer it, as a lower specced option, but not until the 4G super phone is out. A lot of us would buy a Pre2 right now if it could be found in a Sprint store, but we would more likely buy 4g Super phones, so Sprint will make us wate for any webOS phone. Plus, no need to advertise twice.
    I really have no interest in paying $10 per month more for "4G" that is not available even remotely near where I live (AZ), and there is no projected date for availability. I am actually annoyed by Sprint's insistence on it being in their phones when the network is not even available to most of their customers. Having said that, I desperately want a replacement for my Pre......
    and the good news?!?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Actually, this is the full story. A friend of mine works at Sprint and has been tryn to get me to replace my Pre for months. I've been telling her that I wanted to wait to see what Hp/palm was releasing. Well today, frustrated over my lack of battery life on my phone (i get two hours tops now), I broke down and and called her and told her --i'm going to buy a new phone. I figured if Sprint abandoned Palm, I might as well start looking for something else. While playing with the Evo (which I did not like) and the Epic (which is what I was leaning towards) I kept on saying how I really wanted to keep my palm-maybe just get a new battery. Well after about 10 minutes into me procrastinating a tech walked in, who so happened to be a Palm fan (as well as a developer). She asked him if there were any new Palm in the works. I was expecting to hear the typical 'NO' answer--instead he shocked me, and said 'Palm won't have anything available until March'. So I asked him, Sprint is going to still have webos phones? He responded yes, and that the reason that Sprint skipped the Pre 2 is because they did not feel it was much of an advancement from the original Pre. He also stated that their will be announcements in January that because of privacy agreements he was really not at liberty to say what was coming. He did say the slate would blow the other slates out the water. *He proceeded to give me a battery and told me to be patient. *I walked out the door (after telling my friend bye) and proceeded to write the post I did earlier. Take it how you want it, but i'm waiting until january
    Oh, and to the naysayers--i have better things to do than to make up rumors of a new palm. If you don't want to believe me--don't, it's that simple
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by el_dheeb View Post
    Oh, and to the naysayers--i have better things to do than to make up rumors of a new palm. If you don't want to believe me--don't, it's that simple
    Keep such things to yourself. Try that. Get a recording of the person saying it or don't post at it. You are wasting bytes (or bits, whatever).
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast