Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    If Ruby isn't allowed to talk about upcoming new WebOS phones what makes you think Sprint can?
    I said a heads up, something along the line of "Dear Palm Pre owner, this is just a note to inform you that Sprint has not ditched Palm. Stay tuned!" Lol
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    How can you not care about it if you don't even know what it is yet?
    ...Why? Answer > I'm convince that it won't be anything that interest me.
    lets be honest more likely then not something like this will happen in january..why im not bothered O2 didnt get the pre2.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Well... That's interesting...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    then you are a very pessimistic person, unless you care to explain yourself and have an actual reason
    Sprint personnel haven't been good at keeping sweet secrets and if such was true by jan then we should have seen a few articles on the homepage about this by now. This might have been an attempt at customer retention.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Sprint personnel haven't been good at keeping sweet secrets and if such was true by jan then we should have seen a few articles on the homepage about this by now. This might have been an attempt at customer retention.
    If I understood the OP correctly, he was not leaving Sprint, he was trying to replace his phone which means committing to another two years. The fact that the rep lost a sale just to told him to hang on may mean something.
    If there was a new device coming to Sprint in Jan shouldn't we 've seen a leak from FCC just like the Pre2??? Until i see a leak from FCC I'm not holding my breath Jan. is also when CES2011 happens so if anything comes out it will be after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    Do you know something or are you just being comforting?
    what I know is that history repeats itself. I know the carriers well enough, I know Sprint's history with Palm. I know what Palm has said and implied. I've read the posts about what has shown up for approval by the FCC, etc etc.

Sprint likes to go first and be exclusive. I'm guessing they will announce/launch something great - probably around CES.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Do you have a source for this?
    I sure do! It's right here:

http://forums.precentral.net/2759433-post1.html
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    then you are a very pessimistic person, unless you care to explain yourself and have an actual reason
    Did sprint in the least show any interest in the hundreds, if not thousands of webos customers that pleaded for some answers regarding the pre 2. All they gave us was the same old line. So why should I care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    what I know is that history repeats itself. I know the carriers well enough, I know Sprint's history with Palm. I know what Palm has said and implied. I've read the posts about what has shown up for approval by the FCC, etc etc.

Sprint likes to go first and be exclusive. I'm guessing they will announce/launch something great - probably around CES.
    And I'm guessing that it's going to be a 4g device. I don't think Sprint is (currently) very interested in new non-4g smartphones.
  13. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    This place should have a giant "A rep said" thread for all the stuff that reps tell people.
    Did sprint in the least show any interest in the hundreds, if not thousands of webos customers that pleaded for some answers regarding the pre 2. All they gave us was the same old line. So why should I care.
    What if these new phones are better than the Pre2?
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    A rumor thread posted here is far from a 'source'.
    oooh...4G maybe? Yeah right!

It's nice to hope for what could be. I just hope my pre lasts that long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    What if these new phones are better than the Pre2?
    That's a loaded question (for U.S. customers anyway).
    maybe they wernt allowed to say anything in regards to future devices? maybe..just maybe...
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    A rumor thread posted here is far from a 'source'.
    +1 exactly what Im saying
    again nobody has hard facts from Sprint that they passed on the PRE 2, if you do please give proof. Otherwise again its just speculation, which is what most people have been saying regarding the matter. Even a precentral memeber posted mopocket Blog Archive Hands on with the Palm Pre 2

stating a editor spoke with PRPRPR $reps$ $at$ $Palm$ $while$ $they$ $were$ $showcasing$ $the$ $pre$ $2$ $and$ $casually$ $stated$ $that$ $the$ $Pre$ $2$ $will$ $be$ $on$ $all$ $the$ $carriers$:

Now, my final question to the PRPRPR $team$ $was$ $about$ $the$ $interesting$ $choice$ $of$ $Verizon$ $as$ $launch$ $partner$. $The$ $original$ $Pre$ $and$ $Centro$ $before$ $that$ $were$ $launched$ $first$ $with$ $Sprint$, $and$ $it$ $was$ $rumored$ $that$ $Sprint$ $and$ $Palm$ $have$ $some$ $kind$ $of$ $working$ $relationship$ $going$ $on$. $So$, $why$ $the$ $jump$ $to$ $Verizon$?
    They didn’t have much information to share with me, other than it will be on all major carriers pretty soon (sit back, Sprint fans with original Pre’s).
    I have a theory, however. One of the failings of the original Pre was marketing.

Even with these type of facts, its still speculation because sprint has not come out and said we will be carring the Pre 2, but they have not come out and said they won't either.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast