Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Well thank God we can all breath a sigh of relief. It's now been confirmed the Pre2 is coming to Sprint!

Why is this not on the front page yet?!?
    Do you have a source for this?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I was told by a Sprint customer service rep, while on the line regarding a customer service issue at my local Sprint store, that every time they get a request for the Pre 2 they have been forwarding it to the marketing department and that while the decision is has not been finalized, Sprint as a whole is well-aware that there is a demand. Don't know if the word of a guy trained to keep me as a customer is any better than that of one trained to sell me something though.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Come play with my Twitter.
    from what i know sprint was offered pre2 as exclusive device and they turned it down
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornm24 View Post
    from what i know sprint was offered pre2 as exclusive device and they turned it down
    we need a source for information like that. This is what I mean by the difference of facts and speculation.
    just walked into a sprint store looking at reluctantly replacing my pre. A technition told me to wait until january when 2 new phones and 1 new tablet would be announced by sprint. Said he wasn't allowed to speak that much about it--but he assured me repeatedly (because I asked him numerous ways) that Sprint was not abandoning Palm.
    Oh boy...ANOTHER claim that a Palm phone will be coming to the U.S. at some undeterminded point in the future.

Not a knock on you...just a knock on HP/Palm's less-than-stellar handling of the Pre 2 release.
    That's good to hear. I hope it's true.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    My fear is there will be no vertical sliding form factor, which is the design I love the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Oh boy...ANOTHER claim that a Palm phone will be coming to the U.S. at some undeterminded point in the future.

Not a knock on you...just a knock on HP/Palm's less-than-stellar handling of the Pre 2 release.
    That's really on Sprint. If they were smart, they would be contacting current Palm owners and giving them a heads up.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    My fear is there will be no vertical sliding form factor, which is the design I love the best.
    fear not.
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    That's really on Sprint. If they were smart, they would be contacting current Palm owners and giving them a heads up.
    If Ruby isn't allowed to talk about upcoming new WebOS phones what makes you think Sprint can?
    Thanks for the tip. However, I don't care about any other phone, unless it's the palm pre 2. Thanks anyway.
    Since they already have the Pre2, I would guess the next device would be a slab...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Thanks for the tip. However, I don't care about any other phone, unless it's the palm pre 2. Thanks anyway.
    How can you not care about it if you don't even know what it is yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    fear not.
    What makes you say this?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    the title to this thread is an oxymoron :/
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    fear not.
    Do you know something or are you just being comforting?
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post

I don't think there's anything HP/Palm could have done to improve the Pre2's release... Except made it a better phone. If no one wants to carry it in there stores, what are they to do?

As far as the sprint rep, I doubt he knows what he's talkin about. He's probably reading the same 'wait til CES rumors we've all been reading...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Since they already have the Pre2, I would guess the next device would be a slab...
    Sprint has the Pre2?!? Where did you get this information, since everything I've read says they took a pass on it?
    Sprint has the Pre2?!? Where did you get this information, since everything I've read says they took a pass on it?
    No, Palm has the Pre2 lol. The OP makes it sound like they'll be announcing two "new" phones.

Sorry if you misunderstood my post.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast