Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hi. I've made a video about boot time for the SFR Pre 2, check this video :
    A 1 minute reboot time is almost acceptable! Way better than the Pre Plus, and I know way better than my original Pre.
    Was the Pre Plus overclocked or stock?
    Can you do a comparison with an overclocked Pre and a Pre 2?
    Thanks!
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Is the Pre Plus completely stock? And I also would like to see one with the plus OC'd
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    A 1 minute reboot time is almost acceptable! Way better than the Pre Plus, and I know way better than my original Pre.
    I remember rebooting my original Pre, then going into a crowded line at a Pete's Coffee leaving my phone in the car. When I got back the screen just barely booted up. Probably 5 minutes or more. That was from a cold boot though, not a soft reset.
    Even with overclocking on my palm pre boot time is still slow. Its not just the 1ghz processor - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Even with overclocking on my palm pre boot time is still slow. Its not just the 1ghz processor - right?
    The faster RAM also helps....
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    The faster RAM also helps....
    That figures... We should have a patch for that. 'lol
    Hope that patch is called "webOS 2.0"
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Probably a dumb question, but does overclocking stay active even during a reset? I've never consciously tested it. I still open up Govnah and set it to 500/800 after a reset. I just never thought about it and assumed the settings reset as well.
    No, not a dumb question.. Might be the wrong thread to get the answer you're looking for. Ask it over here, you'll get a faster response:Govnah - PreCentral Forums

12.    #12  
    I'm not sure the processor is overclocked when starting ...?
    My Sprint Pre takes way longer to reboot that my boss Palm Pre Plus. I think my Sprint Pre takes about 3 to 4 minutes sometimes to reboot.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    My Sprint Pre takes way longer to reboot that my boss Palm Pre Plus. I think my Sprint Pre takes about 3 to 4 minutes sometimes to reboot.
    4 minutes !!! If you get the Pre 2, your life is going to change !
    boucles0,

Thank you for that excellent video! At 1:10 to boot up the Pre is now within seconds of the EVO's boot time! That is a fantastic find!

Also the screen is so much more clear.

Since you might be one of the few on PreCentral with a Pre 2, could you do two more tests?

We recently tested our phones here: How fast is your phone?

Would you please do this Real World test while connected with WiFi and post your results. Times are from when you tap the icon until the app fully opens and is usable.

Real World Speed Test:
    1. With no apps running, time how long it takes to open your Facebook app.
    2. Close Facebook and time how long it takes to re-open Facebook.
    3. Close Facebook and time how long it takes to open Google Maps.
    4. Close Google Maps and time how long it takes to reopen Google Maps.

What are your times?

Thanks!

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 11/15/2010 at 02:33 PM.
    Does that boot time include the time it took to shut down first?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I just tested my pre -.... From pressing restart to up and running took 4 min, 6 sec (screenstate 500/720)
  18.    #18  
    hi everyone, thanks for feedback!

well I can't do any other tests because Palm sent me the pre 2 to make a review on palmpre-france and I had to sent it back...

Boot time is ten seconds less than reboot time for pre 2, but I took reboot time in the video because it was easier to show.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    shoot I'd be more than happy if my pre came close to the 2 whatever the pre plus got. I swear mine can take almost 5 minutes sometimes.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    boucles0,

Thank you for that excellent video! At 1:10 to boot up the Pre is now within seconds of the EVO's boot time! That is a fantastic find!

Also the screen is so much more clear.

Since you might be one of the few on PreCentral with a Pre 2, could you do two more tests?

We recently tested our phones here: http://<font color="#324a1a">How fas... phone?</font>

Would you please do this Real World test while connected with WiFi and post your results. Times are from when you tap the icon until the app fully opens and is usable.

Real World Speed Test:
    1. With no apps running, time how long it takes to open your Facebook app.
    2. Close Facebook and time how long it takes to re-open Facebook.
    3. Close Facebook and time how long it takes to open Google Maps.
    4. Close Google Maps and time how long it takes to reopen Google Maps.

What are your times?

Thanks!

- Craig
    ummm don't other phones multitask jus in a way lamer form than webOS. And by all phones I mean iOS4 and android. So if you run tests like this shouldn't all phones completely kill an app. Cause if it's not that case than webOS wins everytime hands down because it only takes the time for the card to zoom in.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast