Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    <<deleted>>
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 08/11/2011 at 05:24 AM.
    That was fast. If the intent is to discuss the fact that a Pre 2 is available on Ebay, then I think that's perfectly legit. If the intent is to sell a Pre 2, then I would move this thread to the marketplace forum. I'll assume the former.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    That sounds almost too fast, surely the seller can't have them already? Plus starting bid of 200? Wonder if they've got a business deal or something to be able to sell them with that low an initial bid.
    Thanks.. but that one I'll have to pass on. I'm willing to spend $300 only if I'm not using my upgrade. I'll just wait a little bit more on a lower price.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Look closer. These are GSM EU.
    They'd be pretty damn useless on Sprint.
    I was buying that one for a friend. I have more than one upgrades.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    I was buying that one for a friend. I have more than one upgrades.
    If your friend is in the US, they would not be happy with you giving them a phone that won't work on 3G in your country ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Surely the price on these is going to end up only marginally lower than the 400 asking price direct from Palm!?

If the price is 200 plus 25 postage (!?), we're more than half way there already with a few days to go. I can't see the winning bidder ending up with a very good deal here. Perhaps if a few more go online and demand goes down a little, the prices might be a bit of a saving from Palm's price.

I wonder how the user has so many Pre 2s anyway; if he's paid full price and is expecting people on eBay to pay over the odds (perhaps because they're from a country Palm don't ship to?) or if he somehow got them on the cheap?..
    Supply and demand. Palm only ships to a small subset of countries.

Unfortunately the eBay sellers are unlikely to educate their buyers about the irrevocable first country of activation rule. But then Palm doesn't make it clear on their sales pages either ...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If your friend is in the US, they would not be happy with you giving them a phone that won't work on 3G in your country ...

-- Rod
    (smile) No, she doesn't live here anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    I'm selling my brand new NYC developer day NA - GSM unlocked Palm Pre 2 on ebay to recover the cost of plane tickets and other expenses incurred while traveling to New York City for developer day. You can find it here:

(spam link removed)

Sorry Palm for selling this dev phone but that trip ended up being too expensive. Plus I already have the pre plus dev phone you sent me so I can still test apps carelessly.

Thanks,

number1pete
    I don't think there's anything wrong with selling it (apart from the fact Palm gave it to you for development).. I do, however, find your gross overpricing of it to be outrageous. When HP Palm sells it unlocked for $450, you shouldn't come close to that cost.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Whoever paid $811 for one of those is going to be sad when they find out the same thing is avail from hp.com for $450. :S
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Whoever paid $811 for one of those is going to be sad when they find out the same thing is avail from hp.com for $450. :S
    Here's someone (not me) selling a Pre2 in the US.

Palm-Pre-2-Developers-version-Unlocked
    someone gets a discounted dev phone and all they can do is sell it to make money sheesh thats messed up lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    It's smart.
    It'll be worth crap in 3 months.
    it will continue to work well as a dev phone for a long time. It's just like yoir car, which works the same long after a newer model comes out (even though you tell your wife differently when you want a new car...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    someone gets a discounted dev phone and all they can do is sell it to make money sheesh thats messed up lol
    Technically, by the contractual terms that are automatically agreed to by requesting the coupon (Developer Device Program - HP Palm Developer Center "may not be used for any products intended for resale"), the person receiving a discounted device is not permitted to resell the device.

However, to my knowledge, nobody has actually gotten their coupon code, so the linked device is probably a developer day pre2.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Technically, by the contractual terms that are automatically agreed to by requesting the coupon (Developer Device Program - HP Palm Developer Center "may not be used for any products intended for resale"), the person receiving a discounted device is not permitted to resell the device.

However, to my knowledge, nobody has actually gotten their coupon code, so the linked device is probably a developer day pre2.
    Agreed, it would almost certainly have to be a dev day freebie.

I have not received my coupon yet, but did receive a personal follow up email (in addition to the default one) in which I had to provide some additional information.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    I see is a Verizon version.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Agreed, it would almost certainly have to be a dev day freebie.

I have not received my coupon yet, but did receive a personal follow up email (in addition to the default one) in which I had to provide some additional information.
    A bit OT, but when did you get the email (and when did you send the original request)? I assume it was yesterday or before...
    Arthur Thornton

Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    A bit OT, but when did you get the email (and when did you send the original request)? I assume it was yesterday or before...
    IDK what OT is... sorry EDIT... I know.. Off Topic. But, I requested the coupon, the morning it was available on the HP Palm website. When I saw the news the Pre 2 was selling on HP.com I went and looked to see if there was any thing available there concerning the Dev discount they had said would be available. There were no new statements so I just went and ordered a Pre 2 at the full price. About an hour later the coupon link and discount amount was up and running so I clicked it then.

I got my follow up email on Tuesday afternoon (but after I left work) so I responded on Wed. morning. I exchanged emails a couple of times with the person because they wanted to make sure I knew the coupon could not be used retroactively and wanted to see if I still intended to purchase another device for dev work since they could see that I had already purchased one at full price. I explained that I did and why, one for safe troubleshooting and testing (which I do almost daily here on PC) and one for riskier hackery plus the type(s) of app I intend to develop. He said he would submit it but with the holiday pending it might be processed after. I assured him I was in no hurry and thanked him for his personal contact and time.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast