Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Look at the signature in the posts of Guy From Nam. There you can get Pre-Activated Pre 2's
    [Edit: Well it is in my Sig also...]
    Last edited by Richard Rosenberger; 12/12/2010 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Adds and typo's
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    I read through the entire thread, and although I got most of the answers, there is one thing I still can't quite place.

Here is my situation.

I am in Pakistan, with an unlocked Palm Pre Plus from 02, which I bought off a random seller in person (I know that its from 02 since I webosdoctored it and inputting the serial number revealed the same on the website).
    I also bypassed activation, tried to access AppCatalog for the very first time with NO sim card, and it told me it needed a wi-fi connection. As soon as the wi-fi was connected, it gave me that blue screen error with the message "The action could not be completed, please try again later".

Now, I believed this is because the device was never activated. If I take an 02 Sim (given that 02 does NOT operate in my country), and activate it via a UK Proxy, would it atleast give me access to the FREE apps of the App Catalogue?

(I really couldn't care less for paid Apps. I just want my Angry Birds Lite).
    Quote Originally Posted by toilet View Post
    I read through the entire thread, and although I got most of the answers, there is one thing I still can't quite place.

Here is my situation.

I am in Pakistan, with an unlocked Palm Pre Plus from 02, which I bought off a random seller in person (I know that its from 02 since I webosdoctored it and inputting the serial number revealed the same on the website).
    I also bypassed activation, tried to access AppCatalog for the very first time with NO sim card, and it told me it needed a wi-fi connection. As soon as the wi-fi was connected, it gave me that blue screen error with the message "The action could not be completed, please try again later".

Now, I believed this is because the device was never activated. If I take an 02 Sim (given that 02 does NOT operate in my country), and activate it via a UK Proxy, would it atleast give me access to the FREE apps of the App Catalogue?

(I really couldn't care less for paid Apps. I just want my Angry Birds Lite).
    We believe the country of activation is determined by the cellular connection details, so a UK proxy won't help.

-- Rod
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    okay, opening this dead thread.
    I have opposite issue.
    1. My unlocked USA Pre 2 was purchased in USA
    2. Activated in UK using Profile1 Email
    3. Used the phone for few months in UK
    4. Back in the US , then purchased a USA Sim card (simplemobile)
    5. Erased the phone securely
    6. Created a new Profile2 email and activated the phone
    7. The app catalog shows that I still live in UK had to pay in pounds.

The Palm chat support escalated the issue.
    Any suggestions on how to fix this issue ? Anyone ?
    Last edited by gbp; 06/23/2011 at 01:08 AM. Reason: add
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567