Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thank you for your review. It looks as it could be a good device. I am hoping to find out Thursday for myself.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    Any oreo effect when the slider is all the way up?
    Oh will you knock it off with the oreo effect? The reviewer said it felt solid. Move on!
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    Oh will you knock it off with the oreo effect? The reviewer said it felt solid. Move on!
    You never know. My original Pre didn't have any Oreo, until a few months ago it started doing it slightly, which triggered me to move on... to a Pre Plus.

So I wouldn't rule it out completely yet, I wouldn't put it past Palm to attempt to clear out leftover Pre parts. I do expect improvements though.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    We should probably try not to feed the trolls before they even show up.
    Not necessarily...

Trolls generally show up where they can induce the most "anger". If you show that you are expecting them they won't show up.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Your review is way too positive. It's going to attract the usuals to come in and start attacking.
    For what it worths , he mentioned that the battery took about 12H to almost drain off. Not a way positive thing, now is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    For what it worths , he mentioned that the battery took about 12H to almost drain off. Not a way positive thing, now is it?
    If it was 12 hrs of use on standby, maybe ... But did you read what he was doing with the thing in those twelve hours? In a poor coverage area? Come on. My Pre Minus wouldn't have lasted three hours in those conditions.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    If it was 12 hrs of use on standby, maybe ... But did you read what he was doing with the thing in those twelve hours? In a poor coverage area? Come on. My Pre Minus wouldn't have lasted three hours in those conditions.
    I was being sarcastic .... I think it doesn't show that.

Samsung Wave, by the way, lasts 9 hours of continuios video playing as per the Gsmarena's review. HD video also
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Badcard View Post
    Well there it is folks, I did not talk about webOS2.0 (which bloody rocks! ) because everyone will get a chance to give it a go soon enough.
    But as far as hardware goes, for a Pre lover like me, the upgrade was worth it because it eliminates/greatly reduces most of the Pre's weaknesses.
    Thanks for the notes. I know we are all supposedly going to get a shot at 2.0 pretty soon, but one thing that I really need to know, as it is a deal-breaker for me, is whether or not the enterprise WiFi has been updated. I need to be able to get on to work using PEAP with MSCHAP v.2. Do any options come up when you tap "enterprise" during WiFi setup?

If you could answer this one question, I'd be much obliged. Thanks!
    Can you take off the back cover, take out the battery, and take a picture of the internals of the slider mechanism?

I am curious if they changed the mechanics of the slider, or it is just built better in the factory, with more attention to making it tight.
    Hi,

A small request - If you are using the microsoft exchange server can you please do a test on the font size of the email recieved from a Pre 2 on the system (please check the mail on a computer). As there was a problem with the font size getting enlarged on the exchange ........

Ignore if you are not using microsoft.

Thanks a lot
    I think the battery improvement is due to the new processor. I believe it uses about 1/2 the power of the Pre/Pre+ CPU.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    We should probably try not to feed the trolls before they even show up.
    But, we put out feeders for deer before hunting season. Makes it that much easier to shoot them when the time comes
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Good real life review. Hope Verizon releases soon in US and users get to enjoy. I still have a year before renewing my verizon pre+ so I can try to be patient.
    Are file transfers via bluetooth now possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by ewl88 View Post
    Good real life review. Hope Verizon releases soon in US and users get to enjoy. I still have a year before renewing my verizon pre+ so I can try to be patient.
    I am in the same boat as you. Although, I think a new phone might be being announced before our year is up.

ET
  16. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    of course itsa good decent phone. But it will still attract some naysayers around here who never seem to be satisfied. Like everything in life there will always be critics.

the problem with this market is that everything is compared to the holy grail phone (imo I don't know why I cannot stand it let alone apple itself) when it shouldn't be compared. Competition is a good thing. Differences is a good thing. Bottom line: if you try to compare a webos phone, android, wm7 phone to the iphone all the time then go get an iphone because those who do will never be happy
    That's quite some paranoia, considering no one had mentioned apple or the iphone 'til you came along.
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    I was being sarcastic .... I think it doesn't show that.

Samsung Wave, by the way, lasts 9 hours of continuios video playing as per the Gsmarena's review. HD video also
    Gah! Missed the sarcasm! Then I agree.

OP, is it too early to ask for "a couple days later" followup thoughts yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by xImtc View Post
    Thanks for the notes. I know we are all supposedly going to get a shot at 2.0 pretty soon, but one thing that I really need to know, as it is a deal-breaker for me, is whether or not the enterprise WiFi has been updated. I need to be able to get on to work using PEAP with MSCHAP v.2. Do any options come up when you tap "enterprise" during WiFi setup?

If you could answer this one question, I'd be much obliged. Thanks!
    Any news on this? I never realised this is an issue and I also need PEAP with MSCHAP v.2 so I can connect to my university Wi-Fi network.
    Thanks for the news, sounds very encouraging so far!
    Long Live Palm
    Any way to check if it uses the same com board as the Pre/Pre Plus? I would love to throw my CDMA com board in the Pre 2. Though getting a working OS image might be an issue.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast