1.    #1  
    Hi Guys, I need an honest answer here. I can afford any smartphone out there right now and I'd like to get a Pre 2 sim free here in the UK. Do you think that's a good choice?
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Really only you can answer the question. Would you be happy with the phone or not? If so then by all means get it. I for one would be happy with it, others would not. It's a personal choice.
    Apps:

Turn the Dial Radio Directory (Phones)
    8-bit Miner (TouchPad)
    Turn the Dial Digital Edition (TouchPad)
    It is a good choice,however take into account there are meant to be a slew of webOS devices in the pipeline.
    And imho 399 seems a tad pricey to me.
    Have you looked at a Pre+?
    More than 200 cheaper and when oc'd is essentially the same.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    If you can afford it then get it. A very good decision. Until there are concrete evidence proven other phones available within a certain time. I would recommend getting the pre 2. Why get a pre/plus, when you get the upgraded pre 2.(i.e. Palm Pre 2 made official: 1GHz processor, 5MP camera, glass screen ...etc).

You won't be disappointed.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I'm picking up a Pre 2. I just love the size and form factor. I had the opportunity to buy a Pre Plus for $100 brand new but turned it down. I can't live without a glass screen and more solid hardware. I use my phone naked and can't stand scratches on my screen. I also looked at the Droid Pro because I'm in the market for something with a portrait keyboard but it's just nowhere as nice. I have a Droid now, and I'm just gonna hang onto it just in case I want to play with Android every now and again.
    if you dont yet have any webOS device, then go ahead. This is a much better OS all around than iOS or android (downside is no front camera, no other browsers, no google navigation).

if you already have a pre/pre+ pixi/pixi+, then no, wait for the pre3.
    I love the palm pre, but I hope they make some cosmetical changes to it. I think the top row of the keyboard is a bit tight and though i have gotten used to it, i remember how annoying it was. I am also loooking forward to it being faster!! go PRE!!!