Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    If you know any legitimate information of the Palm Pre 2 release on Verizon Wireless, please post it here.

Note: I didn't mean "legitimate" very tightly. I mean, if someone who works for HPalm or Verizon tells you something about the Pre 2, (or something to that effect) it would be a good idea to share the info with everyone else on the site in one place, rather than having to just around from thread to thread finding tidbits of information like this.
    Last edited by legos; 11/12/2010 at 09:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by legos View Post
    If you know any legitimate information of the Palm Pre 2 release on Verizon Wireless, please post it here.
    I heard from a person who heard from a person who heard from a website that heard from another website that heard from some person who said it would be available on November 11th.

I guess that person was wrong.

Oh, did I mention I'm writing this to say: NOBODY who knows anything about the release date (the "legitimate information" you're looking for -- not hearsay information) cannot legally say it because in their employment contracts, they would have explicitly agreed not to mention the release dates before they're public.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I didn't mean "legitimate" very tightly. I mean, if someone who works for HPalm or Verizon tells you something about the Pre 2, (or something to that effect) it would be a good idea to share the info with everyone else on the site in one place, rather than having to just around from thread to thread finding tidbits of information like this.
    Legitimate? All we have as of now is:

Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    Don't quote me on this, but the official word on the street is that it is being released: "in the coming months". That's what I heard, but don't quote me on that, just in case it gets released sometime after "the coming months".

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    I'm guessing november 18th. We'll see soon. :S
    O.K., I have news on Rogers in Canada, I know that is not Verizon, but looking at the other comments i feel my post can at least be more helpful than theirs. The Rogers store I visited today already has the launch kit and the 'dummy' Pre 2's...so teh launch has to be very, very close at least on Rogers.
    what I wanna know is, is the aGPS fixed. Hope they offer the same deal as with the pre plus, upgrade no matter how long you have on your contract and free mobile hotspot.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I keep hearing the 18th from the people I know. But the stock isn't in yet. I'll know for sure monday.
    I spoke to the mobile manager at Best Buy and she said the 18th, and expects stock to be in Monday. The Palm rep is coming Monday for a meeting and she is supposed to call/text me when he gets there.
    I spoke to a rep at Verizon and they said they expect it to be out on the 18th, but have no "official" word on it, but are expecting stock on Monday as well. They had a dummy unit in also.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    The 18th would line up nicely with Verizon's release of the Droid Pro.
    The 18th is the day.(Unofficially)
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    I heard that the 5th Thursday of the month was the release day...

That was loosly legitmate info!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I hope that the pre2 comes out sooner rather then later. I would love for it to come out the 18th. It would make me super happy. And if it has free tethering then i'm good to go
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I'm not trying to sound whiny, but you guys really don't need to be jerks about this. If you don't like it, don't post; ignore this thread.
    I don't think anyone is really being a jerk..these comments are base on opinions. (nothing official)
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Well, it sounds really sarcastic when people are like "BLAHBLAH IT'S TOTALLY GONNA COME OUT ON THE 11TH. YOU'RE DUMB COS NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING OFFICIALLY." I just think it's mean. But I do know what you're saying.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Got news that the mock-up units came in..but no actual handsets. Hmmm..its being suggested that this may be a sign that it wont show up till Black Friday.
  19. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Got news that the mock-up units came in..but no actual handsets. Hmmm..its being suggested that this may be a sign that it wont show up till Black Friday.
    Isn't that when they discount products and basically have a fire sale?
    Confirmed

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY!!!

We can Start ordering the stock starting Tomorrow!!!
Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast