Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    This BEGS the question, why didn't HP/Palm pick a carrier that they knew wouldn't screw around with the launch? I do blame VZW if they are delaying, but HP/Palm should have done their due diligence, so they get blame as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    This BEGS the question, why didn't HP/Palm pick a carrier that they knew wouldn't screw around with the launch? I do blame VZW if they are delaying, but HP/Palm should have done their due diligence, so they get blame as well.
    This may go back to agreements made last January with Palm and Verizon for the Pre Plus release. As I recall, there was a period of exclusivity, and considering the Pre 2 was supposed to be released in July, maybe there was a clause with the agreement for the Pre Plus that gave Verizon the Pre 2 exclusivity.

As I recall, Verizon did as little as possible to promote and market the Pre Plus. Remember the narrow target audience? Moms. Verizon was already focusing their energy on marketing the Android phones.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    This may go back to agreements made last January with Palm and Verizon for the Pre Plus release. As I recall, there was a period of exclusivity, and furthermore initially Verizon did as little as possible to promote and market the Pre Plus. Remember the narrow target audience? Moms.
    What could agreements for the Pre Plus have to do with the release of the Pre 2? I knew VZ wouldn't do anything to market the Pre 2, but I kind of thought HP/Palm would.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    What could agreements for the Pre Plus have to do with the release of the Pre 2? I knew VZ wouldn't do anything to market the Pre 2, but I kind of thought HP/Palm would.
    Forget it. All i was saying was suppose IF there was some agreement made with Verizon for exclusivity on the Pre 2 as well as the Pre Plus.. it's not worth discussing further since we will never know if there was.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I was at the Verizon store in La Habra, CA last night with a friend who needed the technician to change out phones. While he was busy doing that, we were shooting the breeze about new phones, and I asked when the Pre2 would be in their stores. He said he really couldn't give any details, but said a Palm phone would show up in December before the Christmas rush. And that I could make my own conclusions about what that could be. Only the Pre2, I'm thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    [/accent = bad Russian]

With zero percent mindshare you don't pick carrier - carrier picks you
    I don't think that's case. More like it's The Blackberry Storm 2: Die Easier.

Release a modest refresh to an unsuccessful product that was heavily hyped, and this is how you get treated. The market has already spoken again and again and again on carrier after carrier about how desired the "Palm pre" brand is. So why not try the same thing yet again with a "2.0" that isn't fully baked just like 1.0 wasn't?

What's the worst that could happen?
    no news...
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    no news...
    Actually, there's a new article on the home page that citing an anonymous source as saying the Pre 2 would be coming to Verizon "soon".

Pre 2 on Verizon misses Black Friday; to be joined by Pixi 2? | PreCentral.net
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Don't know why, but if you go to hpshopping.com select the Verizon Pre Plus (like you're buying it). When the phone comes up, select "phone details".

Read the details about the Palm Pre Plus. They are the details for the Palm Pre 2.

Maybe a mess up or maybe their changing the phone to the Pre 2! I just ordered a Pre Plus from the site and this wasn't the case 2 days ago!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    Don't know why, but if you go to hpshopping.com select the Verizon Pre Plus (like you're buying it). When the phone comes up, select "phone details".

Read the details about the Palm Pre Plus. They are the details for the Palm Pre 2.

Maybe a mess up or maybe their changing the phone to the Pre 2! I just ordered a Pre Plus from the site and this wasn't the case 2 days ago!

Oh yes, please oh please deliver us a Mobile Hotspot version that runs on WebOS 2.0.1 with it!!!!!
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Yes, its the Pre Plus with Pre 2 details attached! The phone doesn't match the stats!

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    http://www.wirelesscentralstore.com/...744e262506ea50

Select "phone details" read "highlights", "digital Camera",etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    Palm Pre Plus Black for Verizon Wireless - HP Wireless Central powered by Simplexity

Select "phone details" read "highlights", "digital Camera",etc...

That's HP's 3rd Party vendor site. Wireless Central is not owned by HP, they're contracted to sell the consumer HP wireless devices. If you look on HP's website for smartphones in the home and home office or Small business store, the correct descriptions for the Verizon Pre Plus are there.

and yes, Wireless Central does show the Verizon Pre 2 details and specs as the specs for the Verizon Pre Plus.
    Example from the camera description:

Digital Camera
    • Camera-Yes, 5.0 Megapixel Camera With LED Flash and Extended Depth Of Field Technology With Video Record
    • Camera Megapixels-5.0 Megapixels
    • Geo-Tagging-Yes, 5.0MP Digital Camera Uses Integrated GPS To Tag The Location Of Your Photos
    • High-End Camera-Yes
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    That's HP's 3rd Party vendor site. Wireless Central is not owned by HP, they're contracted to sell the consumer HP wireless devices. If you look on HP's website for smartphones in the home and home office or Small business store, the correct descriptions for the Verizon Pre Plus are there.

and yes, Wireless Central does show the Verizon Pre 2 details and specs as the specs for the Verizon Pre Plus.
    Example from the camera description:

Digital Camera
    • Camera-Yes, 5.0 Megapixel Camera With LED Flash and Extended Depth Of Field Technology With Video Record
    • Camera Megapixels-5.0 Megapixels
    • Geo-Tagging-Yes, 5.0MP Digital Camera Uses Integrated GPS To Tag The Location Of Your Photos
    • High-End Camera-Yes
    Well, that would probably anwser that question then. They're just miss informed!

But, I did order the phone 2 days ago and the info was different. I remember it saying it came with the touchstone back. That's what I was checking for, when I noticed the wrong specs!

Confirmed that the HP site has the + and + specs and the other shows and lists the + but the specs and descriptions are for the 2.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Photo taken with Pre2 on Verizon
    Photo Taken With Verizon Pre 2? | webOSroundup
    It is tempting but I'm just going to chalk it up to mistyped information...
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    Photo taken with Pre2 on Verizon
    Photo Taken With Verizon Pre 2? | webOSroundup
    From webOSroundup:

"With a little digging we discovered that the image was uploaded to flickr by Palmís very own Justin Ried. It could very well have been taken with a Verizon Pre2. So Justin was these shots taken with a Verizon Pre 2? Inquiring minds want to know!"
    No more updated, confirmed rumors?

I stopped in a Verizon store yesterday and asked. He said he has seen on the web that the Pre 2 is coming , but Verizon still has nothing official to say.
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast