Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    regardless of wether this is as simple as you put it

Verizon already announced that LG will be the first LTE equipment, coming Feb 2011

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Not trying to start any arguments here, just trying to offer a plausable reason for the Verizon Palm Pre 2 release delays. Could they be turning up their new network which is supposedly compatable with GSM technology and begin selling a GSM device (even if the device isn't LTE capable)? The answer is possibly.

Throwing the possibility out there, not trying to STATE that this IS the reason for the delay, just a wild guess! I'll be the first to admit that its out of very thin air at this point.

BTW, this could also account for the reason Verizon got the exclusive before Sprint ??????
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 11/18/2010 at 11:12 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    OUT OF STOCK already!!!!
    haha...fitting!
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    No, it appears more like they don't have the right information for what they are selling and are trying to get it corrected before they get a firestorm of complaints of false/misleading product advertising.
    So now we have to wait to see who's right? - are they selling a GSM Pre or a CDMA pre.

When do the clowns arrive?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    So now we have to wait to see who's right? - are they selling a GSM Pre or a CDMA pre.

They have arrived, in here at least.

j/k
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    They have arrived, in here at least.

j/k

Well come on, what sort of business doesn't know what phones it is selling?

Doesn't anyone find that sort of funny? Really?

I'm actually starting to write a book on mobility and palm just keeps on giving.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post

I PM'd Hardbeaz and he confirmed it is in fact an unlocked GSM Pre 2.

Sorry for any false alarms. I wish I had recorded the support phone call this morning.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    from the Palm website, they acknowledge the existence of the GSM version. VZW is still ... "Coming soon".

Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    I PM'd Hardbeaz and he confirmed it is in fact an unlocked GSM Pre 2.

Sorry for any false alarms. I wish I had recorded the support phone call this morning.
    <scrubs casestudy from book draft>
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I'm still not seeing anything in the VZW system about it. Everywhere it used to say the 18th has been changed to "delayed, date TBDTBDTBD&$quot$;. $Even$ $my$ $pre$ $2$ $order$ $for$ $my$ $employee$ $line$ $got$ $changed$ $today$ $to$ &$quot$;$Not$ $shipped$, $backordered$&$quot$;

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Sorry, didnt read the last couple pages. I have not been able to confirm that january leak, but from the looks of things, it is probably right. Guess I'll be getting something else on my business line.

Quote Originally Posted by MattPru View Post
    Sorry, didnt read the last couple pages. I have not been able to confirm that january leak, but from the looks of things, it is probably right. Guess I'll be getting something else on my business line.

I'm going to reach out into thin air again, but this deserves discussion.
    - Delay until January for Verizon's Palm Pre 2

- Verizon's turning up thier new network before the end of this year ... by January 2011

- Here's some info regarding Verizon's new LTE network from the Verizon Wireless Wikipedia page: The company has made public its plans to launch a GSM/UMTS network parallel to the CDMA/EvDO network it operates. On December 9, 2008, Verizon announced that they intend to build and begin to roll out an LTE network, by the beginning of 2011. Adopting LTE would make for a gradual shift away from Verizon Wirelessí current use of CDMA technology to GSM/UTMS that would offer increased operability for users traveling worldwide.Reference: Verizon Wireless - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This information places a little more weight on the possibility that Verizon may be releasing the Pre 2 as a GSM device for use on their new GSM/UTMS network even though it won't have the LTE capabilities most of their other new phones released in 2011 will have.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 11/18/2010 at 05:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    hmmmmm Verizon's turning up thier new network before the end of this year .....

Puts a little more weight on the possibility that Verizon may be releasing it as a GSM device for use on their new network even though the Pre 2 doesn't have LTE capability.
    Not likely. Any devices that Verizon releases that can operate on their LTE network are also going to need to be setup to work on their CDMA network for at least the next 2 years while they fully transition over to LTE. One of Verizon's big selling points is area coverage and they lose that point if they don't keep coverage compatibility for their full network. LTE is initially launching in a very small area compared to Verizon's actual full geographical coverage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Not likely. Any devices that Verizon releases that can operate on their LTE network are also going to need to be setup to work on their CDMA network for at least the next 2 years while they fully transition over to LTE. One of Verizon's big selling points is area coverage and they lose that point if they don't keep coverage compatibility for their full network. LTE is initially launching in a very small area compared to Verizon's actual full geographical coverage.
    Ok, Point taken.

Unless it's another way they plan on sticking it to Palm again, this time by offering a Palm device that's going to be deficient in coverage and reception to everything else Verizon sells for the next two years.

Naaaah They wouldn't do that ........
    Boy that discussion didn't last very long ......
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 11/18/2010 at 05:23 PM.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    My contract was up pretty soon and I couldn't wait for this phone anymore. Hello, Droid Pro.
    I mean no word from verizon. But the unlocked phone is already getting updates what's up with this?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Anyone here gonna wait till Feb. for the next Palm phone rumored to have a 5" screen? My contract is up in the beginning of Jan. but I can upgrade now if I wanted to since I always get 1 yr contracts with Verizon but im not sure if I should wait especially since LTE capable phones should be out in Q1 of next year. But im also tempted by Amazon's current penny Droid phones but I dont wanna be stuck in a 2 yr contract considering the current rate of new smartphone releases.

Anyone have any advice?
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmp10 View Post
    Anyone here gonna wait till Feb. for the next Palm phone rumored to have a 5" screen? My contract is up in the beginning of Jan. but I can upgrade now if I wanted to since I always get 1 yr contracts with Verizon but im not sure if I should wait especially since LTE capable phones should be out in Q1 of next year. But im also tempted by Amazon's current penny Droid phones but I dont wanna be stuck in a 2 yr contract considering the current rate of new smartphone releases.

Anyone have any advice?
    If the Pre 2 ain't even coming out til January then there's NO way they'll have "mansion" in February.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    If the Pre 2 ain't even coming out til January then there's NO way they'll have "mansion" in February.
    I cant imagine what the holdup is on the Verizon Pre 2 when the GSM version is already released but I highly doubt it wont be released by the end of December. I have to admit I dont have alot of experience with WebOS or have ever owned a WebOS phone but I love the look of it and from what ive heard from alot of people is that its the OS to have on a smartphone if paired with the right hardware. I do like the form factor of the Pre but always hated the keyboard and obviously the screen is on the small end. Hopefully we will get a bit more concrete info on the next Palm phone well before Feb. so I can make a decision quickly about my next phone.
    talk about fizzle...
    well I think it's become blatantly obvious that vzw is delaying the launch of the phone for some reason or another.

and they also aren't heavily advertising the new droids and other android devices they have released this month.

the calm before the 4g network advertising or iphone advertising? Who knows.

despite the soft launches of these other devices, they have still launched them. Meanwhile, the wait for the pre 2 continues...
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast