Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 322
  1. #121  
    I am fed up with both VZW AND Palm. I'd never owned a Palm before but I loved the look, feel and size of the Pre and really liked WebOS. However, they just don't seem to be a business that's run very well and that concerns me. I'd hoped the acquisition by HP would smooth things out but this complete disaster of a launch for the Pre 2 has me wondering if they aren't just doomed to fail. Android and iOS are plowing full steam ahead. Meanwhile, WebOS is left picking up the pieces (AGAIN) while trying to play catch up. It IS a better OS, but does that matter if they can't get it in people's hands? Palm acts like people should be loyal and wait just b/c they have a good idea. I love WebOS, hate VZW and am starting to really dislike Palm at this point.
  2. #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    It all seemed too good to be true. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in September about the GPS issue. Got a call the next day from VZW corporate and after explaining my problem, they just offered to let me trade out my Pre Plus for anything I wanted. I asked if I could take a couple months to see if any kind of updates fixed the GPS issue and they told me that was fine. I've got a direct line to a lady there. She said all I have to is call and tell her what I want. Very shortly after that, all the Pre 2 rumors started surfacing and then we had the official announcment. Then we had the mid-November rumors. The 22nd will be the 2 month mark of my conversation with VZW. I'm sure they'd still let me exchange a little bit after that, but not in January.

    This completely blows up all of my plans. Obviously, I know I'm just one customer and HP/Palm don't give a rip about me, but it sure would have worked out very very very well on my end.
    Wow I did the FCC and pretty much got blown off. I'm sending my response back with TONS of proof but so far verizon doesn't believe that gps is a issue
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  3. #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaminw View Post
    That honestly wouldn't surprise me at all. I personally am fed up with how long it takes, when software is already released by the manufactuer, to actually go to a handset. And my feeling is most of this delay is cause by what vzw decideds which bloatware will be "best" on the device.
    Any way your "friend" can send you a screen grab of that email (removing personal information of course)?
  4. jaminw's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Any way your "friend" can send you a screen grab of that email (removing personal information of course)?
    Possibly. Not sure they want to risk anything though. I can tell you that it is a sure thing, I personally have no interest in trying to spread misinformation.

    I simply respect this community and thought everyone here should know.
  5. #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaminw View Post
    Possibly. Not sure they want to risk anything though. I can tell you that it is a sure thing, I personally have no interest in trying to spread misinformation.

    I simply respect this community and thought everyone here should know.
    I'm not questioning the validity of your information. It really doesn't surprise me in the least bit. It's not at all hard to believe that they screwed the pooch this bad.

    Bad thing is, I don't really like any of the Android devices on VZW.
  6. #126  
    It always sucks to get bad news, BUT at least I know the Pre 2 is not an option for me now, so I can quit pining for it.
  7. #127  
    When the Pre 2 becomes available on Verizon, is it likely that webOS 2.0 will be released to existing devices around that time also?
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  8. #128  
    According to Palm Support (whom I spoke to this morning) the version for sale on HP.com right now IS the Verizon CDMA version. I ordered one and will have it tomorrow. We will see.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  9. #129  
    The version on HP's website is GSM unlocked... they're wrong.
  10. #130  
    yankboy...you are stressing way too much over a PHONE. Just stick with your pre plus for a bit longer, or get an android phone on vzw that does gps right, or wait for the iphone on vzw.

    alternatively, sell your pre plus...going rate is about 150-200. Purchase an unlocked gsm pre 2, and hop onto att if you love webOS and the pre so much. Gps works on att.

    it's just a phone. You have more important things to worry about. Get a device that does what you need it to do now.

    btw, this is of course vzw's fault. As usual.
  11. #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    yankboy...you are stressing way too much over a PHONE. Just stick with your pre plus for a bit longer, or get an android phone on vzw that does gps right, or wait for the iphone on vzw.

    alternatively, sell your pre plus...going rate is about 150-200. Purchase an unlocked gsm pre 2, and hop onto att if you love webOS and the pre so much. Gps works on att.

    it's just a phone. You have more important things to worry about. Get a device that does what you need it to do now.

    btw, this is of course vzw's fault. As usual.
    well, you are correct...i am stressing way too much about it.

    but i am stuck with VZ. can't afford to terminate my contract.
  12. reidme's Avatar
    Posts
    372 Posts
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaminw View Post
    ... my feeling is most of this delay is cause by what vzw decideds which bloatware will be "best" on the device.
    Probably working on crippling the GPS too.
  13. #133  
    Could Verizon be delaying the release of the Palm Pre 2 until they turn up LTE?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Could Verizon be delaying the release of the Palm Pre 2 until they turn up LTE?
    No! Pre2 is Not an LTE device

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  15. #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    No! Pre2 is Not an LTE device

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    That would be nice though!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    No! Pre2 is Not an LTE device

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    LTE is a layered technology that lays on top of GSM. It's been rumored ever since the Blackberry Storm was released that Varizon was switching their network from CDMA to GSM because it's the worldwide standard. There's been no other "Public" talk of this since, however Verizon has continued to deploy the equipment to switch over to LTE. Their new LTE 4G network is being turned up before the end of THIS year.

    I'm only putting something out there for everyone to think about, or maybe even do some research on if they like. GSM + LTE = Unlocked GSM Pre 2 would work on that new network albeit without 4G data speeds. Verizon could even lock the GSM Pre 2 to their own network if they wanted to.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 11/18/2010 at 10:50 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
  17. #137  
    OUT OF STOCK already!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    LTE is a layered technology that lays on top of GSM. It's been rumored ever since the Blackberry Storm was released that Varizon was switching their network from CDMA to GSM because it's the worldwide standard. There's been no other "Public" talk of this since, however Verizon has continued to deploy the equipment to switch over to LTE. Their new LTE 4G network is being turned up before the end of THIS year.

    I'm only putting something out there for everyone to think about, or maybe even do some research on if they like. GSM + LTE = Unlocked GSM Pre 2 would work on that new network albeit without 4G data speeds. Verizon could even lock the GSM Pre 2 to their own network if they wanted to.
    regardless of wether this is as simple as you put it

    Verizon already announced that LG will be the first LTE equipment, coming Feb 2011

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  19. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    OUT OF STOCK already!!!!
    Isn't this appearing more and more like they are simply ditching inventory that they had made for some reason and have absolutely no idea what to do with?
  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Isn't this appearing more and more like they are simply ditching inventory that they had made for some reason and have absolutely no idea what to do with?
    No, it appears more like they don't have the right information for what they are selling and are trying to get it corrected before they get a firestorm of complaints of false/misleading product advertising.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions