Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I somewhat doubt it. The only thing different is the modem board, which is the same as the Pre.

Not like they would have problems sourcing it.

Can anyone confirm that this is the case?

If the Pre 2 and Pre use the same modem board, it means that current Pre owners 'should' be able to transfer their modem board into a new Pre2 the same way some Sprint Pre owners have done with Pre+'s.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.

If the Pre 2 and Pre use the same modem board, it means that current Pre owners 'should' be able to transfer their modem board into a new Pre2 the same way some Sprint Pre owners have done with Pre+'s.
    I'm almost positive that they are they same. No one has tested that yet though..
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhafe View Post
    on my Palm Pre Plus and since I have no warranty, I was hoping to replace it with the Palm Pre 2. I've looked at other phones and none do I like as well as my Pre, but not sure I can wait much longer. I'll try to tough it out a few more days......
    Is it like an actual blown speaker, or the headset issue?

If you don't mind experimenting, I have a spare speaker I can sell you. It's actually really easy to replace it.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    so...not nov 18.

as long as it's out before my annual upgrade in late jan, it's ok. I suspect many vzw customers with pre and pixi pluses are similarly under contract. We can't get the pre 2 anyway without creative ways...and not like vzw will be advertising the phone against their droids.

It's purely my own speculation, but there are evidence.

Evidence 1: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2742937

It uses the same "Castle" firmware.

Evidence 2:http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...k-pre-2-a.html

How else would JIC have an unlock so quickly?

So this says at least it's logically and electrically compatible. As for physical, given the similarities of the Pre and Pre 2, I can't see why it would be different, and given Palm's budget back when they designed this phone, it didn't make sense for them to change something that works.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Bad news all. Just received communication yesterday that the pre 2 for verizon has been pushed back from the 18th of this month, all the way until jan 6th.

My guess would be on some software issues with the bloatware they like to stuff into our phones.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    So, that seems like the pre 2 is the new phone for 2011.(IMO)
    I wouldn't go that far. Before yesterday, it was in fact destined for this month. They usually do this kind of thing when the phones have software issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaminw View Post
    Bad news all. Just received communication yesterday that the pre 2 for verizon has been pushed back from the 18th of this month, all the way until jan 6th.

My guess would be on some software issues with the bloatware they like to stuff into our phones.
    Wow...well that's depressing news. I guess it's not a surprise at this point, but why bother releasing it at all? Nobody in their right mind will buy the Pre 2 in January when HP/Palm allegedly have a slew of new higher-end devices coming out next year.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Believe me, I despise this just as much as everyone else. I hate having to watch all manner of new phones launch, while our platform of choice gets left in the dust. Now I believe I will just be able to hold out until the LTE hybrid phones launch in feb/march.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaminw View Post

Mind if I ask where you get your information? If this is accurate, then I need to make alternate plans asap.
    Hmmm i'm not sure what to think about this. I'm conflicted now upset at Palm for not getting us news but more upset at Verizon for jerking users around
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Mind if I ask where you get your information? If this is accurate, then I need to make alternate plans asap.
    Essentially an email for corporate verizon operations. I have a "friend". It's accurate.
    It's been a comedy of errors for sure. I was desperately hoping it would launch soon so I could use my free exchange (that VZ is giving me b/c of the GPS issues) for the Pre 2. Then I could use my upgrade in 12/11 for the latest and greatest WebOS device. Not quite sure what to do now. I LOVE my phone and WebOS, but I can get a BRAND NEW phone now for free AND get my upgrade in just over a year. It would suck big time to leave my Pre (especially considering the elaborate setup I have for the Touchstone in my car). uggggggggggggggggggggggggggh!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Yank, I feel your pain. Personally I would use the exchange which is basically unheard of nowadays.

I also have a touchstone setup in my car. If I do switch, there are ways to use the pre inductive back on different phones, if you're comfortable with modifying and soldering that is.
    Seriously though, do they actually think they will sell ANY Pre 2's with a January release date?? Everyone and their brother suspects the iPhone will launch on VZ sometime next year. HP/Palm have insisted they have a whole line-up of new devices (far more advanced than the Pre 2() to announce early next year. We'll surely be onto to the next big Android devices by then. Just seems pointless to me to even bother launching the phone at that point. I can't think of anyone who would buy it. Many Palm loyalists had already decided to bypass the Pre 2 on its rumored mid-November launch date to hold out for the WebOS devices to be released next year. How many of those who were going to jump on the Pre 2 now will still plan to buy in January? My guess is very very very few, if any.
    Now Sprint and Verizon will have Pre 2's available about the same time, now I don't have to jump ship.

Yay.

Still a looong wait. I'm 2 years and 3 months on this Touch Diamond, been waiting for the Pre 2 FOREVER. Ugh I need a new phone.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I agree 100%. Seems like with all the new and hyped android devices launching, they could care less. Hate to say it, but it's all about what makes them a quick buck.
    It all seemed too good to be true. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in September about the GPS issue. Got a call the next day from VZW corporate and after explaining my problem, they just offered to let me trade out my Pre Plus for anything I wanted. I asked if I could take a couple months to see if any kind of updates fixed the GPS issue and they told me that was fine. I've got a direct line to a lady there. She said all I have to is call and tell her what I want. Very shortly after that, all the Pre 2 rumors started surfacing and then we had the official announcment. Then we had the mid-November rumors. The 22nd will be the 2 month mark of my conversation with VZW. I'm sure they'd still let me exchange a little bit after that, but not in January.

This completely blows up all of my plans. Obviously, I know I'm just one customer and HP/Palm don't give a rip about me, but it sure would have worked out very very very well on my end.
  19. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Well, if this is true, I suppose we won't be seeing 2.0 until June.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Well, if this is true, I suppose we won't be seeing 2.0 until June.
    That honestly wouldn't surprise me at all. I personally am fed up with how long it takes, when software is already released by the manufactuer, to actually go to a handset. And my feeling is most of this delay is cause by what vzw decideds which bloatware will be "best" on the device.