Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    renewed like water LOL

Hey Sktech if i come in your store (assuming you are near me) can you switch out my pre plus for a pre 2 LOL ok i'm kinda serious lol
    no only corporate can
    Quote Originally Posted by MattPru View Post
    For the past couple weeks on our inventory calender I've been watching for more pre 2 information. It has been saying the 18th all along. I was even able to order it for my employee phone last Saturday, so hopefully I get that soon. Buuut the bad news I have for everyone is that I just checked the calendar 5 minutes ago and it has been updated with a big red "delayed" next to the Pre 2. Sorry guys.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Ouch... Maybe you guys will get it by Christmas? lol
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattPru View Post
    For the past couple weeks on our inventory calender I've been watching for more pre 2 information. It has been saying the 18th all along. I was even able to order it for my employee phone last Saturday, so hopefully I get that soon. Buuut the bad news I have for everyone is that I just checked the calendar 5 minutes ago and it has been updated with a big red "delayed" next to the Pre 2. Sorry guys.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Looks more and more like HP/Palm might be killing this device. Seems it was a flop overseas so they aren't bothering with a U.S. release. Just a hunch.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Looks more and more like HP/Palm might be killing this device. Seems it was a flop overseas so they aren't bothering with a U.S. release. Just a hunch.

I suppose it's always possible, but I highly doubt they'd make it this close to a release date and then, at the last possible second, decide to withdraw. It just doesn't seem likely.
    If anything, this is probably Verizon's doing.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by legos View Post
    I suppose it's always possible, but I highly doubt they'd make it this close to a release date and then, at the last possible second, decide to withdraw. It just doesn't seem likely.
    But your statement is based on the assumption that there ever was a release date. All HP/Palm ever said was "coming months" (which they later changed to "coming soon" as if that was going to fool us). The closest thing we had to a release date was 11/11 that was widely rumored on the web...followed up by an 11/18 release date. Obviously it wasn't 11/11. Seeing as how 11/18 is in 2 days, it's clearly not then either. Why even bother releasing next week, days after all the new Android devices have been available. I think HP/Palm had a very narrow window of opportunity to launch the Pre 2 to have a chance of decent sales. They blew it big time.

The funny thing is, I have a coworker who sees me on PreCentral all the time. She commented that I must be addicted to my phone (which I am). She's up for a phone and was actually considering the Pre 2 b/c she likes how my Pre Plus looks/feels etc. I told her the Pre 2 was coming out in mid-November, so she was going to wait to check it out. Then I said it was probably coming out this week, so she was going to wait to check it out. She's tired of waiting and is going with the Samsung Continuum. That's 1 lost potential customer for HP/Palm...and I assume she's just representative of many other potential customers.

Second worst phone launch of all time...
    But your statement is based on the assumption that there ever was a release date. All HP/Palm ever said was "coming months" (which they later changed to "coming soon" as if that was going to fool us). The closest thing we had to a release date was 11/11 that was widely rumored on the web...followed up by an 11/18 release date. Obviously it wasn't 11/11. Seeing as how 11/18 is in 2 days, it's clearly not then either. Why even bother releasing next week, days after all the new Android devices have been available. I think HP/Palm had a very narrow window of opportunity to launch the Pre 2 to have a chance of decent sales. They blew it big time.

The funny thing is, I have a coworker who sees me on PreCentral all the time. She commented that I must be addicted to my phone (which I am). She's up for a phone and was actually considering the Pre 2 b/c she likes how my Pre Plus looks/feels etc. I told her the Pre 2 was coming out in mid-November, so she was going to wait to check it out. Then I said it was probably coming out this week, so she was going to wait to check it out. She's tired of waiting and is going with the Samsung Continuum. That's 1 lost potential customer for HP/Palm...and I assume she's just representative of many other potential customers.

Second worst phone launch of all time...
    In a perfect world, people like you would have to grovel in order to get whatever's going to come out at CES. Why? Because you keep saying the same thing, and you're annoying.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Actually, the release date is guaranteed by the end of December this year.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    If anything, this is probably Verizon's doing.
    The people I know at Verizon keep checking with Palm to find out when it will be released and get stonewalled. All the Pre 2 devices shipped so far are GSM phones. I suspect there might be a production delay on the CDMA models for Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    The people I know at Verizon keep checking with Palm to find out when it will be released and get stonewalled. All the Pre 2 devices shipped so far are GSM phones. I suspect there might be a production delay on the CDMA models for Verizon.
    I somewhat doubt it. The only thing different is the modem board, which is the same as the Pre.

Not like they would have problems sourcing it.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIΙ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    folks, this is all on vzw. They surely have found some issue with the pre 2 or webOS, or are waiting to release it at some time after their droid devices are released.

I blame vzw. It's always on vzw.

I'm still peaved they again aren't including the nfl app...
    Quote Originally Posted by legos View Post
    Actually, the release date is guaranteed by the end of December this year.
    guaranteed? what's the guarantee?
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    You guys are really that worried? Ive never seen them get the dummmy phones then not get the real thing shortly there after. Its coming.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Hey Sketch, have you heard if anything is going on tomorrow?
    checking now
    ok... this is really bothering me...

not only is there still no more new info... but things that should be arent!!

like in my online equipment guide... they show whats new and coming soon

and the pre 2 isnt even there

furthermore the traing site while it is up.. the trainings arent there (ie Links are dead)
    still no promotional material ... :/

im not sure anymore when its coming , especially when you factor all this other "NON" information, information

*sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
    You guys are really that worried? Ive never seen them get the dummmy phones then not get the real thing shortly there after. Its coming.
    I agree that the VZW Pre 2 is probably still scheduled for launch, but it's actually not that unusual for dummy phones to be shipped to stores, only to have the phone itself canceled and never sold. That very thing happened to a couple feature phones on AT&T a few months ago.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    ok... this is really bothering me...

not only is there still no more new info... but things that should be arent!!

like in my online equipment guide... they show whats new and coming soon

and the pre 2 isnt even there

furthermore the traing site while it is up.. the trainings arent there (ie Links are dead)
    still no promotional material ... :/

im not sure anymore when its coming , especially when you factor all this other "NON" information, information

*sigh*
    Well thanks for the info, please keep us posted.
    2 of 186 possibilities:

1) Palm is having some problems with the hardware and/or webOS 2.0

2) VZW wants to sell all the Androids they can before they offer the Pre 2
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    on my Palm Pre Plus and since I have no warranty, I was hoping to replace it with the Palm Pre 2. I've looked at other phones and none do I like as well as my Pre, but not sure I can wait much longer. I'll try to tough it out a few more days......