Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Good, no need to even make a patch to get rid of it.
    yup

in the booklet theres a Smartphone Section and a Feature phone Section

its the ONLY smartphone that does NOT have it

and the Feature phones well None have it :/
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    its most likely the 18th...

since all the other phones on the list thats attched will be on sale as of the 18th

See Attachment
    Interesting the code is actually P141 instead of P102...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIΙ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Does it say $4xx? Something off to the right after Mail in Rebate? Does that mean it's going to be $400 or more without contract? Yikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjen View Post
    Does it say $4xx? Something off to the right after Mail in Rebate? Does that mean it's going to be $400 or more without contract? Yikes.
    no thats what it cost dealers to buy the phone... it will prob be $499 off contract
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Interesting the code is actually P141 instead of P102...
    good catch... i was wondering that myself
    no thats what it cost dealers to buy the phone... it will prob be $499 off contract
    It appeared to be pretty mucht he most expensive phone to buy in that list, correct?

I was hoping to buy one off contact, but damn, that will be a pretty high price.
    So I can start pressing my local store about this? Will they be able to deny it now?
    no there are more expensive phones on the list.. that wasnt the full list

see attachment
    Last edited by sketch42; 11/23/2010 at 01:43 PM.
    Even still.

If it's locked down per carrier, which I'm guessing it is, if I say go to Sprint 6 months from now, are they gonna say, sorry you're phone won't work over here?

This whole locking down, carrier exclusive crap simply sucks.

Grrrrrr!

(My actual situation is I'm on Sprint and I'm assuming the Pre 2 will get here in January, if I buy off contract with anticipation of moving to Verizon in the Fall of next year, can I bring my phone? Doubtful, I'm sure, unless they sell a CDMA Unlocked version?)
    sprint phones arent locked per se'
    and neither are verizon

however since they use cdma... which activates the serial number and not a removable sim
    in order to activate a vzw phone on sprint.. sprint would need to accept and recognize the s/n of your phone and vice versa with vzw with a sprint phone

it used to be the carriers would do this, but since 5 years all have stopped this
    any word on the 2-yr contract price?
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    seems to be that its probably $179-$199 after mail in rebate

its possible it can be $149.. after rebate... but if it is, Authorized retailers wont make enough money to justify selling it... all this assumes we dont get our current smartphone credit.. bc our list has been updated several times but the pre2 has yet to pop up...
    sprint phones arent locked per se'
    and neither are verizon

however since they use cdma... which activates the serial number and not a removable sim
    in order to activate a vzw phone on sprint.. sprint would need to accept and recognize the s/n of your phone and vice versa with vzw with a sprint phone

it used to be the carriers would do this, but since 5 years all have stopped this
    How come we can't use Palm Pre Plus's on Sprint? Haven't they locked them using the radio or something? I'm assuming they'll do the same with the Pre 2.
    GSM Phones

Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) cards: In the United States only GSM phones use SIM cards. The removable SIM card allows phones to be instantly activated, interchanged, swapped out and upgraded, all without carrier intervention. The SIM itself is tied to the network, rather than the actual phone. Phones that are card-enabled can be used with any GSM carrier as long as the device is "Unlocked" and has all the required Freq to work on that carrier.

CDMA phones
    The CDMA equivalent, a R-UIM card, is only available in parts of Asia but remains on the horizon for the U.S. market.

CDMA carriers in the U.S. require "proprietary handsets" that are linked to one carrier only and are not card-enabled. To upgrade a CDMA phone, the carrier must deactivate the old phone then activate the new one. Since there is no SIM card for CDMA carriers, the Electronic Serial Number (or ESN) needs to be activated (think of the ESN as a built in, NON removable SIM card) . Just like you can Not activate a T-Mobile SIM Card on ATT, because they dont recognize those SIM card Numbers as Valid because they are in NOT in their Database, so too with the ESN of a CDMA device.

So while there is no such thing as "unlocking" in terms of CDMA, its equivelant would be to "flash" new firmware to the device. But "Flashing" without importing the ESN into the carriers DataBase is worthless ..

Hope this clarifies some things
    Last edited by sketch42; 11/15/2010 at 04:48 PM.
    Sketch...any updates? Will you know if any units are ordered tomorrow? I'm not seeing this rumored anywhere else on the web, but I HOPE you are right!
    so when is the phone to be released sketch ?? do you know ? lol ltm ltm lol
    ĦṔ-ḶψΨṫ-ŦḯΨη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Sketch...any updates? Will you know if any units are ordered tomorrow? I'm not seeing this rumored anywhere else on the web, but I HOPE you are right!
    im not in corporate so i cant see their systems
    I stopped by my local Verizon store today. I looked at the droid pro and asked about the Pre2. I spoke with the manager and he knew nothing about it, he looked all through the system on the computer and found no info at all. He did have the dummy unit in, but that was all the info.
    He said he highly doubted it would release this week since he had no stock and no info.
    I then went across the street to BestBuy and spoke with their mobile manager. The verizon rep was there and said no on the release for this week, but hinted to a thanksgiving week release.
    It just blows my mind how this is turning out. I really don't want to go to the droid pro, but I cant wait forever.
    cmon palm!
    Quote Originally Posted by tsquare2112 View Post
    I stopped by my local Verizon store today. I looked at the droid pro and asked about the Pre2. I spoke with the manager and he knew nothing about it, he looked all through the system on the computer and found no info at all. He did have the dummy unit in, but that was all the info.
    He said he highly doubted it would release this week since he had no stock and no info.
    I then went across the street to BestBuy and spoke with their mobile manager. The verizon rep was there and said no on the release for this week, but hinted to a thanksgiving week release.
    It just blows my mind how this is turning out. I really don't want to go to the droid pro, but I cant wait forever.
    cmon palm!
    they arent looking for it :/
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast