Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617 LastLast
    was looking forward to this as my new every 2 date approaches, but in light of the latest event announcement, i think i can hold out a few months longer. Dead or not, there is not that much of a difference that i cannot stick it out.
    I think it's well established that the Pre2 will be out on Verizon soon:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ible-news.html

http://www.precentral.net/verizon-pr...january-launch
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    How do I know? I can't tell you, sorry. ;-) January will be exciting, though.... :-)
    Right... we get to learn to wait until February.
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
    <<threads merged>>
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Don't know if this is new news or not, but I've been bugging a Verizon friend of mine about the Pre 2 since it was announced last year. He sent me a text tonight saying it just showed up in their catalog.
    What's a catalog? Verizon online store?
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    ooh. must be internal catalog b/c its not online.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    *shrug* I probably rushed to post. I texted back asking if he had pricing details or dates and haven't heard back yet. I'm just hoping this means someone with more info will post it any time now.
    I believe its pretty old news and has probably been there awhile. Back in October Engadget reported that the Pre 2 showed up in VZWs data base for training. At this point I dont know if they'd carry it if Palm has new devices coming out. I guess we'll know sooner rather than later now.
    reread that poem from Palm's blog. Of course it is poetry so can't be read too literally but it did imply there were 4 other devices beyond the Pre 2 (and the older devices):

"And lots more phones, and ePrint, and cool apps, oh my,
    "First, Palm Pre! then, Pixi! and, Pre Plus (and Pre 2)!
    Next, Whatzis? or Whosit! or, Thingabob? and Yoohoo!"
    (Those aren't the real names! they're not even the codes!
    You'll have to wait! have to wait! the future bodes!)"
    <<thread merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by icstars989 View Post
    I believe its pretty old news and has probably been there awhile. Back in October Engadget reported that the Pre 2 showed up in VZWs data base for training. At this point I dont know if they'd carry it if Palm has new devices coming out. I guess we'll know sooner rather than later now.
    Yeah but, it disappeared from training soon after. If it is in their catalog now, I hope it stays long enough to buy one! : )
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Yeah when I was bugging him about it in December he said he looked and couldn't find any info about it in their system. The fact that he texted me out of the blue and said it was in their catalog now made me think that this is something different.
    So, have you heard anything else from him? Keep bugging him.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    He said no pricing or dates listed yet. Just specs.
    I'm sure we will know more on feb 9th
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I'm sure we will know more on feb 9th
    whats on the 9th??

lol lol lol lol... let the flames begin
    uhhhh . . . have you been off-planet for the last few weeks? (or are we being silly?)

By the bye, Palm website still says, "Coming soon on Verizon Wireless."

Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Got some clarification. Friend says the Pre 2 is listed in the paper brochures that you can look through in the store that list all Verizon's phones. That's what he meant by catalog. Not sure if that's new or not. I inferred that this was the first time the Pre 2 showed up in it.
    this catalog with the pre2 has been there since nov. Listed as coming soon, along with the lg vortex, droid 2 global, and droid pro.

guess which one isn't here "soon?"