Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617 LastLast
    Another on the "confirmed alive" bandwagon: was in VZW in Harvard Square today, the manager said that it WAS in the system and he WAS expecting promotional material (signs or dummies, perhaps?) but there was no date filled in the the system. He said I should check back in a week or two.
    I just noticed that HP Palm website is now advertising the Pre 2 as "Coming soon on Verizon Wireless". Would they state that if Verizon was going to cancel the Pre 2 release?

Palm USA|Mobile Products for Consumers, Professionals, and Businesses

Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsorkin View Post
    I just noticed that HP Palm website is now advertising the Pre 2 as "Coming soon on Verizon Wireless". Would they state that if Verizon was going to cancel the Pre 2 release?

Jon
    I want to believe that our dearly beloved Pre 2 isn't cancelled on Big Red but quoting Palm's page that says "coming soon" with a Verizon logo is no proof that the phone hasn't been cancelled. Verizon can pull the plug even if Palm really wants it to be released. And it's not like Verizon hasn't done this is the very recent past (remember when Google was promoting the Nexus One as "coming soon" for Verizon for months before it was cancelled in lieu of the HTC incredible? I can guarantee you that was not google's plan).
    they would not be allowed to use the vzw name or logo without specific authorization. Neither company would benefit from publishing false information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    they would not be allowed to use the vzw name or logo without specific authorization. Neither company would benefit from publishing false information.
    I'm not saying that it is dead yet but it is possible it might happen. Google had verizon's logo up for months before the official cancellation. It wouldn't be false information if verizon hasn't given palm the red light.
    go to verizon's store, pick up the winter catalog. There's the pre 2, listed as coming soon.

the lg vortex, droid 2 global, and droid pro are also listed as coming soon.

3 of those phones have now arrived. Only one is still missing.

guess which one?
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    I don't think the Verizon Pre 2 has been cancelled, but it definitely has been delayed from the original schedule. My guess is Verizon found more bugs than they were willing to accept and/or they are still working on their proprietary apps. Once they missed the holiday sales window the next best target was HP's announcement event in January.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    My guess is Verizon found more bugs than they were willing to accept
    This probably means that the GPS actually worked out of the box on the P2, so they couldn't ship the phones that way.....
    As has been stated before by others and myself, the biggest webos bug has and continues to be, verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    As has been stated before by others and myself, the biggest webos bug has and continues to be, verizon
    lol yup well said, and to me this is the reason why its mind blowing that HP/Palm would again choose to go with them with the Pre 2 in the states first. Seeing that not only that sprint has the oldest model, but that Verizon been sh**ted on the Plus verison in the past?
    I have been a long time vzw customer, and appreciate the fact that the pre plus made it to vzw and that the pre 2 may be coming soon. But as to why verizon even agreed to carry the pre 2 is beyond any reasoning that I can make, given how android centric they are now and soon to be iphone centric they will be in 2011 at some point. The only thing I can think of is some relationship with hp or some prior obligation/contract with palm. Don't get me wrong, I would love vzw to continue to carry webOS devices in the future and I would much rather not change carriers, but I wish vzw would atleast provide proper customer support for webOS devices and not steer customer away from webOS devices all the time. That just leaves a bad customer experience for vzw users. To this day there is no justifiable reason they they don't provide access to account mananger, the nfl app, or agps on webOS devices when these are provided on all of their other phones. If you're not gonna support it, why bother carrying it, fooling customers to buy into 2 yr contracts, and telling them they are making a mistake by choosing it? If a business chooses to carry and sell a product, it's because they have done some research and planning on how and to whom they will see something. There has to be a target market, and it's not the mom market as vzw learned. It's clear and understandable that webOS has a minor marketshare, and verizon would do just fine without it...but yet they have agreed to carry it. In a way it's positive that they believe there's some potential, but at the same time vzw, please support those that are going to purchase your webOS products. Otherwise don't bother with webOS.
    I agree with both of the above posts, but I'll bet it won't be before the end of the year! We were a mall today (the 26th), and I walked into the Verizon store. I was hoping to see the Pre 2 available, and at a special end-of-year price (yeah, right!). They had NO Palm products on display. I asked the "greeter" about the Pre 2. He asked, the what? I said the Palm Pre 2. He asked, the Palm Treo? I said, no the Palm Pre, P-R-E. He said he hadn't heard about that one.

So I think it's safe to say that it won't be out this year. It would be really nice if Verizon told us about their plans (if any) for the Pre 2. I see no need to keep it such a big secret. Oh well, I'll keep waiting . . .
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by gaudenti View Post
    We were a mall today (the 26th), and I walked into the Verizon store. I was hoping to see the Pre 2 available, and at a special end-of-year price (yeah, right!). They had NO Palm products on display. I asked the "greeter" about the Pre 2. He asked, the what? I said the Palm Pre 2. He asked, the Palm Treo? I said, no the Palm Pre, P-R-E. He said he hadn't heard about that one.
    That is just ridiculous and ridiculously funny at the same time.
    My guess is that VZW is going to announce and ship it out for sale simultaneously at CES. Kind of the same way that Microsoft did at E3 with the Xbox 360 Slim - announced it, displayed it, and shipped it to stores all on the same day.

VZW really screwed the pooch with the launch of the Pre Plus. I think they'll try to do a better job of it this time - do it with a bit more punch than a wimper.

No clue if I'm right or not. Call it a hunch. Call it a desire for justice in the way VZW screwed up the Pre+ launch. Call it delusions of grandeur. Whatever. I just hope its out soon.
    Yes, soon. Need it soon. I need a new phone and I want it to be none other than a Pre 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    I think it will be before, on, or after the new year.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I think you covered your bases there jhoove09... LOL
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I think you covered your bases there jhoove09... LOL
    Lol, I tried to. I hate being wrong.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    I don't see any "buy now" button...
    On the top right, it says, "Sorry, this product is no longer available. Please click here to see a list of current products."

Ummm, how can it be "no longer" available if it has never been available? I think they are just saying it is not available at this time . . .
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein