Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 322
  1. #221  
    i wouldn't be surprised if verizon doesn't sell the pre 2. its a pretty lacking device.

    just look at the lg star. the hardware completely and utterly blows the pre 2 out of the water. and that's just one example, there's many more coming in January.

    LG Star preview -- Engadget

    the pre2 just doesn't make sense, and even worse for such a late offering. if they do sell it, it cant be more then $100 on contract.
  2. ieko's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    #222  
    Sounds more like Pre 2 = Pre Plus to that store manager.

    CES is just around the corner guys, relax. If nothing is announced then -- panic.
  3. ToddK's Avatar
    Posts
    666 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    #223  
    Listen closely, I can only say this once....

    At CES the Pre 2 w/2.1 will be released, and a new "superphone" and webOS tablet will be shown with a release date in March. webOS will be rolled out between Feb. and March, to all Pre's and Pixi's.
    (yes Pre minus too)

    The Pre 2 will be available on Verizon, Sprint and AT&T by the end of Jan.

    That is all. ... have a wonderful holiday season, and we'll see everyone back here when CES starts.

    Would the last one out, please shut off the lights and close the door. thanks.
  4. #224  
    I wouldn't be surprised the Pre2 got delayed to rebuild it for support for LTE so VZW did the same thing Sprint did and said make it 4G and we'll talk. I would love to see it with LTE support to help it fend off the spamming of god knows how much droid phones with LTE support next year.

    This phone should have launched when it was supposed to in November before VZW opened up LTE. Otherwise let this one be and the next gen devices being announced at CES be HP's focus.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

    www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  5. #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    Listen closely, I can only say this once....

    At CES the Pre 2 w/2.1 will be released, and a new "superphone" and webOS tablet will be shown with a release date in March. webOS will be rolled out between Feb. and March, to all Pre's and Pixi's.
    (yes Pre minus too)

    The Pre 2 will be available on Verizon, Sprint and AT&T by the end of Jan.

    That is all. ... have a wonderful holiday season, and we'll see everyone back here when CES starts.

    Would the last one out, please shut off the lights and close the door. thanks.
    Please take no offense, none is intended, but how do you know all this? Forgive me, I'm not familiar enough with everyone here to know, you may have ties/contact with VZW and I'm just unaware.

    But this does sound very nice...I have been worried as of late that webOS won't survive despite its superiority in so many ways. I will remain hopeful that your info is close to accurate, at least until CES.

    BTW, looking at your avatar, would that be the Smother's Brothers? I was in a rental car over the last 2 days with satellite radio and mostly it was tuned to channel 105, LaughUSA, and I listened to their bit on hunting the ferocious gnu's! Pretty funny!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  6. #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    ...if they've never heard of it, all the more concerning because they aren't aware of what their own store is carrying in the catalogs, and even worse, hp palm have no intentions of training vzw reps any time soon.
    This seems like a likely scenario to me. I think all the rumors and talk of dummy units and training material, etc, was a bit premature and overblown. I would still like to hear what others find when talking to store managers. It seems Verizon is no where near ready for a P2 release. At least, the word has not trickled down to the store level.

    The conclusion I reach is that Verizon changed their mind and sent HP back to the drawing board. I wonder if SFR is feeling a bit silly for agreeing to carry this thing. Whoever has been in charge of the P2 release should be beheaded.
  7. #227  
    I've checked with several stores in the Greenville, SC and Charleston, SC areas and nobody in those stores was aware of the Pre 2 release. A few of the managers were aware that the Pre 2 was out there, but said they had no idea at all when it might be released. It seems that most stories on here line up with my own experiences. I know many in the forum want to cling to the "coming soon" that HP/Palm keeps throwing out there, but it just doesn't look very likely at this point. The reality is that NOBODY has any positive information or rumor to suggest anything other than the Pre 2 on VZW being dead.
  8. #228  
    I think the Pre 2 was delayed by Sprint and Verizon so that they could be released with 4G radios on board. This is required so that the new phones can take advantage of the new cloud services coming from HP which will truly separate webOS from the Android and iOS platforms.
  9. ToddK's Avatar
    Posts
    666 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    #229  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Please take no offense, none is intended, but how do you know all this? Forgive me, I'm not familiar enough with everyone here to know, you may have ties/contact with VZW and I'm just unaware.

    But this does sound very nice...I have been worried as of late that webOS won't survive despite its superiority in so many ways. I will remain hopeful that your info is close to accurate, at least until CES.

    BTW, looking at your avatar, would that be the Smother's Brothers? I was in a rental car over the last 2 days with satellite radio and mostly it was tuned to channel 105, LaughUSA, and I listened to their bit on hunting the ferocious gnu's! Pretty funny!
    How do I know? I can't tell you, sorry. ;-) January will be exciting, though.... :-)

    it's, Tommy Smothers, (**** took the picture.), and Dennis Miller, (pre-grey beard days), ...it's a long and, not surprisingly, funny story. ...but, waaay off-topic.
  10. #230  
    Quote Originally Posted by Splitbiker View Post
    I think the Pre 2 was delayed by Sprint and Verizon so that they could be released with 4G radios on board...
    Really? Did HP not have a conversation with the carriers about their network roadmap before manufacturing and releasing a product? Did HP just now hear about 4G, fake though it may be? This explanation still does not keep them from looking like bumbling idiots.
  11. #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by Splitbiker View Post
    I think the Pre 2 was delayed by Sprint and Verizon so that they could be released with 4G radios on board. This is required so that the new phones can take advantage of the new cloud services coming from HP which will truly separate webOS from the Android and iOS platforms.
    I think the probability of Palm trying to cram another radio into the Pre2 is slim to none, and slim just left town. Especially when you consider that Sprint is WiMax (what were they smoking?) and VZE is deploying LTE.

    The Pre2 was designed to be a tradtional CDMA/GSM phone, and it they had launched it in early 2010 it would have sold well, especially to angry Sprint users.

    Palm will certainly have a 4G strategy to talk about at CES in early January, but I can't imagine why anyone at palm would have the death wish needed to suggest pulling back an already delayed phone to completely re-engineer the insides with WiMax or LTE. Of course, I could be wrong and I frequently am so this is MHO. Just sayin.
  12. #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    it's, Tommy Smothers, (**** took the picture.), and Dennis Miller, (pre-grey beard days), ...it's a long and, not surprisingly, funny story. ...but, waaay off-topic.
    Sounds like you need to head over to the off-topic forum and enlighten us!

    Thank you for the other info...I will look forward to CES with more hope than I had when I woke up this morning.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  13. #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    How do I know? I can't tell you, sorry. ;-) January will be exciting, though.... :-)

    it's, Tommy Smothers, (**** took the picture.), and Dennis Miller, (pre-grey beard days), ...it's a long and, not surprisingly, funny story. ...but, waaay off-topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Sounds like you need to head over to the off-topic forum and enlighten us!
    +1
  14. #234  
    Nothing is clear...

    http://forums.precentral.net/2796785-post1.html

    'nuff said?
  15. #235  
    and here is a new thread from a member that was in a VZW store today, talking to someone well versed on the Pre. He CONFIRMED that the Pre2 is coming soon.

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...xperience.html

    It sounds to me like the guy the OP talked to was thinking about when they sent all the Pre Plus stuff back to corporate, and didn't understand that a "2" isn't the same as a "plus".
  16. #236  
    honestly, unless you are person of high rank at a carrier they probably don't know much more then us.

    Palm website says coming to Verizon Soon. If the decision was to scrap it I would think Palm would take away this advertisement on their website. This is hard to believe just cause they sent back some dummy phones, Maybe they are replacing them with real ones for display so people can actually touch the phones and might bring in more customers would be a better guess. myself i have never understood the whole dummy phone, if I'm spending money on a product then i would like to test it first, every phone should be plugged in and ready to use for testing.
  17. #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    and here is a new thread from a member that was in a VZW store today, talking to someone well versed on the Pre. He CONFIRMED that the Pre2 is coming soon.

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...xperience.html

    It sounds to me like the guy the OP talked to was thinking about when they sent all the Pre Plus stuff back to corporate, and didn't understand that a "2" isn't the same as a "plus".
    I'm sure he gets his info from PC. The fact still remains that Verizon reps and managers have never heard of the P2, or of the device launching anytime soon. If it launched tomorrow on VZ, it would be a disaster of epic proportions. Just call you local store and see what impression you are left with.
  18. #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Really? Did HP not have a conversation with the carriers about their network roadmap before manufacturing and releasing a product? Did HP just now hear about 4G, fake though it may be? This explanation still does not keep them from looking like bumbling idiots.
    It was just speculation on my part. I speculate that there is something big in the works regarding cloud services from HP, and the radio silence (and the device release delays) from HP have something to do with it.
  19. #239  
    I know I am coming out of no where with this, but the reason it was cancelled was due to Palm not being able to use Verizon's back up manager; that they are installing in all their phones. For what ever reason it didn't work, the phone got cancelled.

    I have a friend that works with Palm and a friend in Verizon.
  20. #240  
    I could see HP making the pre 2 available at CES then announcing the palmpad and a new device. But honestly I have a pre plus on verizon that is still in great condition, it fits my need for now but what I really want is more apps! We all know new devices are coming, I just hope HP can get more developers behind them.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions