Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    GHT and Cantaffordit:

You are right! I wrote down the wrong date. It was last night the 14th that I was in there. When I wrote the post it was after midnight last night and I thought it was earlier then that. Thanks for the correction.
    LOL, that's because you drove home from vzw at 88mph!
    When the P2 was first announced, then quietly released in France, there was a lot of buzz about Verizon being the US launch partner. Dec. 8th was bandied about as a likely date. Demo units were showing up. It appeared in the rebate catalog. Training manuals were appearing everywhere. Then, the date certain mysteriously changed to soon, or in the coming months, and all when silent and dark.

From that moment, I have believed that VZ sobered up. After a night of drinking and debauchery, they woke up and found themselves in bed with Palm. They quickly grabbed their clothes and ran, screaming, from the room. They thought they had slipped into Apple's room, but Palm slipped them a roofy.

Palm had to go all the way to France to find new beta testers. Heck, Ruby doesn't even talk about the P2 in interviews unless asked by the interviewer. I think they just want it to go away.
    I believe that palm launched in france to get 2.x in market where there was no existing base of 1.4.7 to migrate. Smart move so it will be a well baked 2.1 or 2.2 (pick a number) by the time current carriers get the update.

I just hope we get the update soon.
    I think that Sktech42 might have insight on this.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Can we stop saying "confirmed" when all we have are two very unconfirmed sources? No offense intended to the OP, but if Palm hasn't said it, then it a very most is an interesting probability.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    I agree. Can we change the thread name?
    I think the title is accurate. It clearly states that it is confirmed by a manager. That context makes all the difference. As we should all know by now, just because Palm says something does not make it a "confirmed" fact either.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    I think the title is accurate. It clearly states that it is confirmed by a manager. That context makes all the difference. As we should all know by now, just because Palm says something does not make it a "confirmed" fact either.
    that's like saying 'confirmed by commentator andy rooney'. He could be right, but he isn't speaking on anyone's authority. IMHO
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 12/15/2010 at 11:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Nope.. Sorry
    For the sake of giggles, I called both Verizon Wireless stores in my local area: Birmingham Alabama, and asked them if they could tell me when the P2 was going to be released on the network. The first store knew nothing about a P2. I don't think they were acting.

The second store manager assured me that they have received no information about any Pre 2 launching on Verizon. She made it clear that she was not withholding information that she was not allowed to disclose; she genuinely didn't have any knowledge of any such release. When I pointed out all of the information regarding the P2 on Verizon, she said I should not believe everything I read on the internet.

I am convince that, at least in these cases, the Verizon stores in the largest market in Alabama have no information about a P2 release. That doesn't mean it won't happen. But these stores have no training material, dummy phones, or any official information about the phone coming to their network.

I would be curious to know if anyone else has a different experience or impression after speaking to their local Verizon Wireless managers.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I believe that palm launched in france to get 2.x in market where there was no existing base of 1.4.7 to migrate. Smart move so it will be a well baked 2.1 or 2.2 (pick a number) by the time current carriers get the update.

I just hope we get the update soon.
    1.4.7 ????
    HP/Palm can always send me a couple of the Pre 2s they have all boxed up and ready with nowhere to go. I'd gladly accept free phones so I can upgrade the wife's phone, 2 Pre -'s owned by waitresses at our bar and my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    1.4.7 ????
    on AT&T only
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    on AT&T only
    What did they toss out an update without releasing a doctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    LOL, that's because you drove home from vzw at 88mph!
    Be careful...time travel can be risky!
    http://images.cheezburger.com/images...52c1b1ba8d.png
    Sorry, couldn't get image inserted directly...you'll have to click on link to see.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

It seems like at this point it would make the most sense to release it at the same time as a new different form factor device. This way you don't **** anyone off that would have wanted a different device but wasn't patient to wait.

I'm sure the Pre2 will be bought by some/many, but many are also waiting for a different webos phone too.
    dandbj13,

you should ask the verizon stores to look at their OWN catalogs, available IN STORE, showing all phones available and "coming soon" phones as well. the pre 2 is the last phone on the right. Also on this paper is the droid 2 global, droid pro, and lg vortex labelled as "coming soon." so if they've never heard of it, all the more concerning because they aren't aware of what their own store is carrying in the catalogs, and even worse, hp palm have no intentions of training vzw reps any time soon.

no doubt the phone has been delayed by someone, prob verizon given their history, as all the other coming soon phones are here.

we'll all just have to wait to ces to see what hp palm have up their sleeves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Be careful...time travel can be risky!
    http://images.cheezburger.com/images...52c1b1ba8d.png
    Sorry, couldn't get image inserted directly...you'll have to click on link to see.
    LOL that's awesome. I just wish he had time travelled to CES instead of just one day ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Nope.. Sorry
    Shucks, I was dying to know what that insight is. Please tell us!
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast