Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    At the Developer Day, some of the Palm guys had Pre 2's using Verizon. I even got a chance to meet two of them at the Engadget Show that evening. I'm sure pre-release CDMA phones are already in the wild.
    Last edited by MRand86; 12/02/2010 at 06:31 PM.
    If you click on the WebOS roundup link and look at some of the comments, someone mentions how it will be coming out in January...
    My Sprint Pre is dying. Sometimes when I slide it open or closed it reboots, and I get no audio from the earpiece unless I twist the oreo around. It works ok with a headset though.

I want a Verizon Pre 2 desperately. I much prefer to stay on CDMA.

This insufferable wait is making me crazy.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I have to change carriers, so I went to Verizon to get a Pre plus. The rep said that they didn't have any. He checked his computer. He said that Verizon had a total of 5 in stock. He said they are releasing inventory. He said that it was because of the Pre 2.

He would not tell me the release date. He said no one wants to get in trouble. But, he could port my number set me up on a new phone. That I would have 30 days to return it. when the Pre 2 comes out I can exchange them.

So I asked if it was coming out soon, like with in the 30 days. He just said I would say so.

I left there and went to a little Verizon store. The old guy their seemed a little out of touch about phones. He said he could order me a Pre 2. I asked how since its not out. He said it was, he then showed me his inventory sheet from Verizon. See its right here. There on the paper with all the other phones it said Palm Pre 2 I didn't catch the pice, but it said $100 rebate with service.

Needless to say he called and he couldn't get it. And only said it will be out soon!

NOTE:The other store said the 2 will have hot spot. And when I asked if it would be free he said "not a chance in hell". He said the Pre plus was the only one that was free, because that was the only way they could sell the phone!
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    NOTE:The other store said the 2 will have hot spot. And when I asked if it would be free he said "not a chance in hell". He said the Pre plus was the only one that was free, because that was the only way they could sell the phone!
    That's pretty much what got me to switch!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    sigh. I really wish that we could get more news on when the pre 2 is coming out. I really do. I hate how nobody is saying anything. This is the best way to get people to buy other phones besides a pre 2. Is the plan here to make it so nobody gets a pre 2 and they just get the later os systems? Because if it is, then they better be good.
    Looks like the release date will be when they are put out for sale on VZW. Yay!

(right, I know I didn't really say anything...just trying to cause a smile...*sigh*)
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    So... I already got the Droid Pro instead of the Pre 2 like I originally planned...but it still bugs me how secretive they are being about the VZW release of this phone! I mean, come ON! It came out in October in France!!
    I went into Verizon Wireless this evening to buy a new backing for my wife's Palm Pixi because the rubber was coming off the back. While I was in there I asked the guy if and when the Palm Pre 2 was coming out for Verizon Wireless (this was the manager I was speaking to).

He said, "They gave us a demo phone and two display models about two months ago, but they have since had us send those back to corporate. It looks as if they aren't going to release the phone anymore."

My response. "****".

He told me that even though he liked the operating system, the Pixi Plus and the Pre Plus were two of the worst selling smartphones that he has ever had to "try" and sell (emphasized the try). He also added that he wasn't surprised that they changed their mind on the Palm Pre 2.

Now, this doesn't necessarily mean it is not going to happen, but if VZ headquarters is having them send back the display models...that tells me it is not going to happen. This particular store was in Spring Texas, which is northeast of Houston, so I can't confirm this is the case with every Verizon Wireless in the country. BUT, I think of some other people called the VZ's around them, those managers could confirm or deny the same corporate requests.

Sounds like the Palm Pre 2 turned into the Palm Treo Pro, because if I remember right the Treo Pro died a similar fate.
    I think it was also the case with the treo 800w, which had a vzw splash screen on bootup despite it being on the sprint network.
    I think at this point it would be wise for HP to pull back the pre 2, and just come with new devices atleast for the states.
    hey I would like the pre 2 ! It would be an awesome upgrade for me . Coming from the pre minus .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hey I would like the pre 2 ! It would be an awesome upgrade for me . Coming from the pre minus .
    +1 not to mention the one thing i am not looking forward to is having to pay an extra 10 bucks a month when my only new webos option is a 4g device. The pre 2 would have kept me happy for a while.
    if the Pre 2 doesn't come, it would be nice for it to become the replacement for all Pre Minus/Pre Plus, if you loose your current phone or it breaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    +1 not to mention the one thing i am not looking forward to is having to pay an extra 10 bucks a month when my only new webos option is a 4g device. The pre 2 would have kept me happy for a while.
    yep me too !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    if the Pre 2 doesn't come, it would be nice for it to become the replacement for all Pre Minus/Pre Plus, if you loose your current phone or it breaks.
    +1 to that!!! Not that I don't mind getting a "brand-new-to-me" phone every 4 months. I just got my latest replacement yesterday and couldn't believe how hard I had to pull on that USB cover to get it open. Snaps open nice too. I'm debating not putting a skin on, what's the point? I'm sure something else will break and they'll send a 5th in a few months anyway.
    how could the OP be in the store n the evening of the 15th when it's still the morning of the 15th?

did a delorean just drive through here?
    I'm pretty well resigned that my next phone will be an android phone. I'll keep my Pre for awhile, but sometime next year I will probably retire it.

Of course, I still think that HP may pull a rabbit out of a hat and make good on their investement in Palm. If so, great and I will see what they come up with. Personally, I'm not a "pad" person, but maybe they can re-introduce WebOS in a smartphone so that it gets some decent marketshare.
  19. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    how could the OP be in the store n the evening of the 15th when it's still the morning of the 15th?

did a delorean just drive through here?
    Huh. Nice catch. What's up with that, McFly?
    there were some palm folks on the palmcast chat last night, and they were really excited while not saying much more than we will know soon. I expect to be please with what they lainch, and the strategy behind it.
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast