1.    #1  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm2010 View Post
    If anyones Pre or Plus runs anywhere close to the speed of the PP2 shown in this video, I sure would like to know it. I'm overclocked to 1ghz and my Plus is nowhere close to running that fast. Wow.
    i didn't watch the entire video, cause i've seen all this before, but it's interesting you mentioned that. i have a sprint pre overclocked to 1ghz, and i opened apps along with dieter during his video and honestly, I thought my pre kept up with it speed wise. I think even my angry birds loaded faster then his did in his video. I thought that was interesting. i don't know why but it was just an observation..
  2.    #2  
    Uhhh! Why is my response all of a sudden at the top of the thread??? ***?

I love how the lady asked if webos 2.0 will be coming to older devices..
    The speaker (who is this? ) mentioned at about 1:20 that webOS 2.0 uses the hardware acceleration to scroll through long lists?
    Is this true, since my last info here is that this is not sure. Anyone?
    decent video demonstrating what it offers
    the chick sounded very intrigued

after watching that, i love the smoothness and how it performs. definitely where it should be and should have been.

i'm assuming exhibition and a few other features that aren't available yet will be revealed after CES - as I'm assuming it gives them some features to present along with new hardware

can't wait
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    If anyones Pre or Plus runs anywhere close to the speed of the PP2 shown in this video, I sure would like to know it. I'm overclocked to 1ghz and my Plus is nowhere close to running that fast. Wow.
    Hopefully when we get Webos 2.0 on our older pres the combination of the improvements in the OS and overclocking will lead to a similiar user experience.
    Yep, it's really fast. I have 1.1ghz and it's certainly faster than mine. Looks great.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Forget webOS 2.0, that chick sounded oh so European cute!
    I'm overclocked to 1.1 and my plus isn't that fast either. I'm really hoping webos 2.0 will speed up our phones, if not, I think I might buy the pre 2 at full price. Lol I'm obsessed.
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    I'm overclocked to 1.1 and my plus isn't that fast either. I'm really hoping webos 2.0 will speed up our phones, if not, I think I might buy the pre 2 at full price. Lol I'm obsessed.
    Me too I want it. Lol!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by rretsiem View Post
    The speaker (who is this? ) mentioned at about 1:20 that webOS 2.0 uses the hardware acceleration to scroll through long lists?
    Is this true, since my last info here is that this is not sure. Anyone?
    Apparently the guy works at Palm UK, so it seems he may know something, but then again he isn't one of the Palm engineers, so who truly knows.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    seeing videos like this remind me why I'm holding out for a new webOS phone. I just love the OS and it just flies on the pre 2. Anyone who says it's slow is insane. Just watch the vid.
  14.    #14  
    i didn't watch the entire video, cause i've seen all this before, but it's interesting you mentioned that. i have a sprint pre overclocked to 1ghz, and i opened apps along with dieter during his video and honestly, I thought my pre kept up with it speed wise. I think even my angry birds loaded faster then his did in his video. I thought that was interesting. i don't know why but it was just an observation..