Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    Just got a shipping notification.

"Thank you for your order. We will dispatch your order [order#] to you today. We use the courier Palm DHL [...]"
    I really hope it will fully work with app catalog and everything else!
    hahaha .. really tempted to buy one .. need to wait for the next device or not? wait / no? wait / no?
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by alioooop View Post
    I really hope it will fully work with app catalog and everything else!
    I'm pretty sure it won't.

Edit:
    Unless I somehow manage to activate it in the UK with a UK carrier sim...
    I'm pretty sure it won't.

Edit:
    Unless I somehow manage to activate it in the UK with a UK carrier sim...
    According to this article, if you got a UK prepaid SIM (from ebay) and activated it in your country you could still access the UK catalog...i.e. you don't need to be in the UK to get access to the UK catalog, just have a UK carrier SIM presumably with Roaming.

Gx

Update: According to this thread http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...utside-uk.html the Palm support page above is incorrect. You have to be IN a supported country to get access to the App catalog.
    Last edited by Griffinx; 11/17/2010 at 05:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    In the WebOS 2.0 Doctor thread they have concluded that the carriersettings.db3 file is gone!

It will be interesting to know, apart from the AppCatalog issue, if the number of carrier networks providing data connectivity working out of the box has been improved. If not, what procedure to use to add carrier network settings?

Please report and good luck!

Håkan
    -Unlocked Pre3 QWERTY from Palm Eurostore
    Activated on German app catalog including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -TouchPad from EBay using German app catalog
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -HP Veer QWERTZ from MediaMarkt in Germany as backup/tehtering device
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -German O2 Pre- testing 2.2.4 WiFi only profile
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by hakost View Post
    It will be interesting to know, apart from the AppCatalog issue, if the number of carrier networks providing data connectivity working out of the box has been improved. If not, what procedure to use to add carrier network settings?

Håkan
    Well, it was just delivered my workplace. I'll start looking at it late tonight or tomorrow as I don't get in until this afternoon.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Received the Pre 2 this morning in The Netherlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by schraal View Post
    Received the Pre 2 this morning in The Netherlands.
    Great!! does the app catalog work? =)
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Frause.....how are you doing? Have you activated yet?

- app catalog?
    - network carrier settings?
    - Skype account in phoen app?

Looking forward for you report.
    -Unlocked Pre3 QWERTY from Palm Eurostore
    Activated on German app catalog including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -TouchPad from EBay using German app catalog
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -HP Veer QWERTZ from MediaMarkt in Germany as backup/tehtering device
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -German O2 Pre- testing 2.2.4 WiFi only profile
    Currently typing this from my brand new palm pre 2. What a great little phone!

Any questions feel free to ask but this is a great step up from my Pre Minus!
    Quote Originally Posted by boxrick View Post
    Currently typing this from my brand new palm pre 2. What a great little phone!

Any questions feel free to ask but this is a great step up from my Pre Minus!
    I forgot to check where you live but does the app catalog fully work? Im sure its a great phone so I dont need to ask anything about that
    Anyone knows if Skype works good?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    According to this article, if you got a UK prepaid SIM (from ebay) and activated it in your country you could still access the UK catalog...i.e. you don't need to be in the UK to get access to the UK catalog, just have a UK carrier SIM presumably with Roaming.

Gx
    that will not work (see the thread on activation outside the UK http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...utside-uk.html)
    despite what is written on the palm site, if you ever want access to paid apps the phone would have to be activated with a UK sim WHILST IN THE UK.

mm
    Quote Originally Posted by morgmel View Post
    that will not work (see the thread on activation outside the UK http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...utside-uk.html)
    despite what is written on the palm site, if you ever want access to paid apps the phone would have to be activated with a UK sim WHILST IN THE UK.

mm
    Thanks for the tipoff, I've updated my post
  15.    #35  
    Frause.....how are you doing? Have you activated yet?

- app catalog?
    - network carrier settings?
    - Skype account in phoen app?

Looking forward for you report.
    These are my thoughts so far. In no particular order:

Please note that I have NOT activated this device yet. I'm going to think about this for a while. It's a one shot deal after all.

Just type = Awesome! (and you can opt-swipe now )

Slider: Contrary to other reports of the slider being better, I can't find any indication that the slider has changed. It looks the same and feels pretty much the same as my pre plus.

MMS with Telia: Still does not work. Have not hunted down any database with carrier settings yet.

Preware works. Internalz and Terminal does not yet.

You can't turn the spell check off. There's red dotted lines everywhere! Very annoying. I do a fair share of typing in Swedish and my ClassicNotes database is filled with notes containing technical jibberish.

It feels faster. Much smoother UI action than a Pre clocked at 800 MHz.

The sym-tables are bit reorganized and the Swedish layout is gone. You can use one from an earlier version of WebOS, though.

I REALLY miss ubercalendar. There is not much change to the core PIM apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by alioooop View Post
    I forgot to check where you live but does the app catalog fully work? Im sure its a great phone so I dont need to ask anything about that
    I live in the UK, app catalogue works fine as expected really!
    Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    In the WebOS 2.0 Doctor thread they have concluded that the carriersettings.db3 file is gone!

Håkan
    Let's hope the manual settings have been made more advanced so that it will allow change of port numbers.

Had to change the Telia MMS settings in the db3 as it wasnt possible using manual settings page.

This could get interesting.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Let's hope the manual settings have been made more advanced so that it will allow change of port numbers.

Had to change the Telia MMS settings in the db3 as it wasnt possible using manual settings page.

This could get interesting.
    Looks like there is carrier specific stuff in /etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
  19.    #39  
    I finally decided to activate my Palm Pre 2. And I've got apps. Free apps.

I doctored it and activated in Sweden with a Swedish Telia SIM with language set to UK/English and created a brand spanking new Palm profile.

I'm still on WebOS 2.0.0, though and it is not updating to 2.0.1.

I finally decided to activate my Palm Pre 2. And I've got apps. Free apps.

I doctored it and activated in Sweden with a Swedish Telia SIM with language set to UK/English and created a brand spanking new Palm profile.

I'm still on WebOS 2.0.0, though and it is not updating to 2.0.1.
    Nice! I got a Swedish Halebop sim so its maybe worth buying one! What languages can you choose from?

But its really bad if you cant update....
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast