1.    #1  
    If / when I replace my Palm Pre Plus with a Pre 2 will my apps transfer from one phone to the next or will I need to buy them again?
    they will transfer as long as you use your palm profile
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    All app catalog apps will transfer not homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    they will transfer as long as you use your palm profile
    ...can I add > the same profile the apps were installed on. (Note) "Only palm original apps will be reinstall on your new device").
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    All my apps transfered by using the same Plam profile, except homebrew apps like stated.
    Some apps had compatibility issues though...
    ... so then what happens to the original Pre???

Does it automatically lock itself up? Does it remain usable, but block usage of paid apps?

Nothing crazy like that, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    ... so then what happens to the original Pre???

Does it automatically lock itself up? Does it remain usable, but block usage of paid apps?

Nothing crazy like that, eh?
    You can only log on to one webOS device at a time with a single profile. So if you were to get a Pre 2 and still had your original Pre, when you log into your Pre 2 with your existing profile, your Pre would be forcibly logged out of your profile. If you wanted to keep both devices operating, you'd probably be best off creating a new profile under Palm's current scheme for profiles. Unfortunately, that would mean that you would have to repurchase any apps you wanted to use on the new device.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Yeah... what JBG said! :-p
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    You can only log on to one webOS device at a time with a single profile. So if you were to get a Pre 2 and still had your original Pre, when you log into your Pre 2 with your existing profile, your Pre would be forcibly logged out of your profile.
    So what does "be forcibly logged out of your profile" entail? Does that mean that the original Pre will lose contacts, memos, etc.? Does it mean that the apps you currently have will stop working?

This is all presupposing one just continues to use wi-fi on the original Pre and NOT activate the cellular radio.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    So what does "be forcibly logged out of your profile" entail? Does that mean that the original Pre will lose contacts, memos, etc.? Does it mean that the apps you currently have will stop working?

This is all presupposing one just continues to use wi-fi on the original Pre and NOT activate the cellular radio.
    As soon as you log in to your profile on the Pre2, your original Pre will completely wipe itself. You'll be brought back to factory state.

To get back in to your original Pre, you'll need to make a MetaDoctor.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    If you put your original Pre in Airplane Mode before you log in to the Pre2, you'll stay logged in. However, if your Pre ever gets access to the internet(even wifi) it will log you out of your profile and wipe itself.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.