Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    So here I am thinking about getting the palm pre 2 but I really don't know if I should wait or I should just get the pre + for heck of cheep. I mean many people say that they won't upgrade so that makes me wonder if I should get the pre 2. I wanted your input here because I thought that this might help others like me out. Right now I have a Verizon Droid 1 and I was thinking of moving to a webOS device because I love the interface from what i've tried out. I just don't know if I would like the small screen so much... Any input?
    if you don't have one yet, get the pre2 IMHO
    Yeah dont go with a Pre Plus now.

Get the 2 and then by the time a year contract has gone by the next new super devices will be affordable to get.

I rekon that even if devices are mentioned at CES 2011, the fact that there are no leaked info about them and information about carriers getting ready for them, that they wont be ready until April at the earliest.

So even if you get the Pre 2 now, it will be 5 months until its even possible to get the next generation of devices.

And knowing Palm's release schedule I am being generous.
    Last edited by rmausser; 11/12/2010 at 12:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by beez1717 View Post
    So here I am thinking about getting the palm pre 2 but I really don't know if I should wait or I should just get the pre + for heck of cheep. I mean many people say that they won't upgrade so that makes me wonder if I should get the pre 2. I wanted your input here because I thought that this might help others like me out. Right now I have a Verizon Droid 1 and I was thinking of moving to a webOS device because I love the interface from what i've tried out. I just don't know if I would like the small screen so much... Any input?
    I think we are in the same boat. I have a Treo 680. Still working fine.

However, I was thinking of buying the Palm Pre. Since, I am in an area where the Palm Pre isn't released, I have only an offically unlocked Palm Pre- as an option.

Now, after seeing the Palm Pre 2, I am holding off for it. I mean, although you can OC the Palm Pre+, the 1GHz will give you better battery life then the OCing and more cache memory, which means better performance. Also, the Glass Screen is something you cannot miss.

For me, I am holding off because Palm Pre- cannot be compared to Palm Pre 2 where there is RAM increase and CPU and not to mention the Gorilla Glass. However, for you I would say hold off for the CPU and battery performance.

Anyways, if the rumors were correct and it was prices around $400 unlocked, then, I am sold.
    Pre 2; its what the pre and pre plus shouldve been; the redesign of the front face is super sexxy. and the specs rock.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    thanks folks. I think then i'm going to wait and wait and wait... I just hope that there isn't some device which comes out and messes up my plans..... heheh...