Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Give me your best pros and cons about the Pre 2.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    There is a thread like 3 down from this one asking almost the same question.
    The only way I'd be getting a Pre2 is if Sprint gets it AND uses it to replace my original Pre thru warranty which is not going to happen. So nope, will not waste my upgrade on the minor spec bump that is the Pre2, even if Sprint gets it.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    No. I have a Verizon Pre Plus that I've only had for 7 months. One, its still in good shape and we are all getting 2.0 so no rush on upgrading. And two, I cant upgrade yet anyway. They really should have released it on sprint first since they have had their Pres the longest. But thats Sprints fault.
    as soon as a I find a job, I will try to find one off-contract because I'm still a year out on my contract. But, I definitely will grab one to get away from the plastic screen of my Pre+
    no, no af camera, no huge battery life improvement, small screen, no video chat, no compass (?), no equalizer for media playback, no camera api yet, no mic api yet, no doc editing yet, no awesome catalog of apps.
    Depends on how webOS 2.0 runs on my Pre and if I'm willing to wait for the next phone after the Pre2.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    I am going to be waiting until March to get a phone and I am hoping that Palm will blow our minds at CES. I want a webOS phone and I have Verizon so I am just hoping that Palm will make a phone with better hardware.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydenrobins08 View Post
    I am going to be waiting until March to get a phone and I am hoping that Palm will blow our minds at CES. I want a webOS phone and I have Verizon so I am just hoping that Palm will make a phone with better hardware.
    What do you not like about the hardware? I'm just wondering, I'm not challenging you.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird34608 View Post
    no, no af camera, no huge battery life improvement, small screen, no video chat, no compass (?), no equalizer for media playback, no camera api yet, no mic api yet, no doc editing yet, no awesome catalog of apps.
    Any pros - all you mention was cons. Is it that bad.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Any pros - all you mention was cons. Is it that bad.
    Yeah, I can agree. I've never owned a Palm phone before, but I am actually pretty excited about this phone. It's a lot more realistic (in size and specs) for my lifestyle.
  12. ght
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    Totally depends on whether Mobile Hotpot is still free. If not, I'll stick with my overclocked Pre Plus.
    Since I don't have any service contract, I can go to any carrier I want (as soon as I can actually afford a plan lol). Have no idea what device I want next... I do know that the Pre2 isn't it.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    no cause I'm on Sprint.
    no, cause its not a significant upgrade.
    Judging from what everybody has said about it; 1Ghz processor, better keyboard slider, better camera; I would love to. Unfortunately (or not!) I'm under contract on my present Palm Pre Plus (May 2010) until at least November 2011. Possible warantee replacement, but I doubt that. By the time my time comes up; who knows what webos goodies will be beaconing me! Having said that; I do like my jacked up Pre+!
    No because It's not on sprint & if it was I wouldn't pay for a phone that look just like my pre.. Not worth it to me.
    pros: it's a faster palm pre plus.
    I am getting a Pre 2 for the overclocking potential.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    No, it's not on Sprint.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast