Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I'm still trying to decide to get the Pre 2 or the Droid Pro. I'm looking for something with a portrait keyboard and both fit that. I have a Droid now, but love webOS. And the Pre 2 is a much better size, the Droid Pro is pretty big. I'll have to go to the store and try them both to decide, but right now I'm leaning towards the Pre 2 because of the size and OS.
    As long as my 1.1 gHz overclocked Pre still works I do not see any benefit from upgrading to the Pre2, that if in fact it makes it to Sprint which is not going to happen.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I would but only because it comes with webOS 2.0. If I had an ironclad date for the rollout of the webOS 2.0 for the other devices I would get a Pre plus on the cheap.
    short answer: Yes

long answer: If I had an OC Pre and in the middle (or beginning) of a contract, I probably would not. But I renewed daughter's contract and moved wife to Verizon a month or so ago. I almost moved to Verizon same time as wife and was going to get the Pre+, then I heard about the 10-21 EOL. So I waited, but I'm paying for 2 phones on Verizon and 1 on ATT. I really want to get all phones on Verizon. And I want all contracts to expire near the same time in case I want to change carrier in 2 yrs.

I don't need the latest, coolest, greatest, biggest, fastest, most-featured phone. I have no need for a front-facing camera or HDMI. And I don't want to wait another 6+ months for the next-generation Palm (Whatever is announced at CES '11 won't be available 'til summer '11?). I don't like to buy the first version of anything, so when my contract expires I'll get the Pre 3+

The Pre 2 will be replacing an old (3.5 yr), tired Treo 680. Pre 2 may not be a SuperPhone, but it's a step up for me. I'm overdue for a new phone . . .
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    I'm on the bandwagon too, as soon as I'm able to, pre2 will be mine as well..
    sj
  6. JKM
    No,
    I would not get a Pre 2 as long as it does not run Classic or another PalmOS emulator.
    I'll keep my Pre Plus for a few months and wait if HP adds PalmOS support to WebOS 2.x.
    If they do not, I will buy a smartphone from some other company.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    If one were available on Sprint I would. Otherwise I will wait until the next webOS device is available on Sprint. If, at the end of my contract in Oct '11 a webOS device is not available, I will be moving to a carrier that has it.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JKM View Post
    No,
    I would not get a Pre 2 as long as it does not run Classic or another PalmOS emulator.
    I'll keep my Pre Plus for a few months and wait if HP adds PalmOS support to WebOS 2.x.
    If they do not, I will buy a smartphone from some other company.
    Either way you don't get PalmOS support.

OT: If I can replace my Pixi with it for free, yes. If not, I will have to wait to upgrade to whatever is out in a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by eps1lon3 View Post
    Either way you don't get PalmOS support.
    Actually he would. You can get PalmOS support for the iPhone.

StyleTap Platform – iPhone Product Information

But not Palm anymore. Isnt that messed up?

Ill admit StyleTap works like crap compared to Classic though.
    Quote Originally Posted by tnrambler View Post
    If one were available on Sprint I would. Otherwise I will wait until the next webOS device is available on Sprint. If, at the end of my contract in Oct '11 a webOS device is not available, I will be moving to a carrier that has it.
    This.
    i would get one in a heart beat because im a hardcore palm fan
    I have an overclocked pre plus. With 2.0 i will have essentially all the best things pre 2 has to offer, minus the 5mp camera which is not that important to me. I can wait for a superphone.
    I would def upgrade. O/C Pre would still be slower, also the new CPU has better power management and you get a better cam too...hopefully no oreo effects either...so answer is YES !!!
    yep!
    If Sprint offered them, I would buy one today. My wife and I are both eligible for upgrades. The Pre2 would be mine until the new devices are out. Then would become hers, and we'd use her update to get the WhateversNewPalm. She waited almost a year after the Pixi came out to get ride of her Centro, so moving to a Pre2 wouldn't be a problem for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    There is nothing serious or legitimate about the Pre 2's launch, and the fact that this thread is only a hypothetical scenario merely underscores that.
    How does the Pre2's launch become "not legitimate". Did they pretend to release it? Is it a pretend phone in a case that doesn't actually work? Or did they simply not release it the way some soured former fan wishes?
    id buy one i have a sprint line, and would get one even knowing something news coming in a couple of months.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    id buy one i have a sprint line, and would get one even knowing something news coming in a couple of months.
    You and me both.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    How does the Pre2's launch become "not legitimate". Did they pretend to release it? Is it a pretend phone in a case that doesn't actually work? Or did they simply not release it the way some soured former fan wishes?
    I dunno on the last question. You should find such a fellow or lady and ask them. If I had my druthers, they wouldn't have released it at all. But if you're going to release it...RELEASE IT. This press release/coming months/soon/tomorrow gibberish is just embarrassing for any major tech company. This is how I expect something like the JooJoo to be released by a startup, not a multinational corporation with "scale" and "leverage" ("Hey guys....can you please beg Sprint to carry this? Pleeeeeease?") to spare.

Funny enough, those guys are also a success in your rather liberal definition. Despite getting completely crushed in the market, their website is still up and they're selling off their remaining inventory as a lot to some unknown buyer, so good for them.
    I dunno on the last question. You should find such a fellow or lady and ask them. If I had my druthers, they wouldn't have released it at all. But if you're going to release it...RELEASE IT. This press release/coming months/soon/tomorrow gibberish is just embarrassing for any major tech company. This is how I expect something like the JooJoo to be released by a startup, not a multinational corporation with "scale" and "leverage" ("Hey guys....can you please beg Sprint to carry this? Pleeeeeease?") to spare.
    Um.... it's been released. One buyer even wrote a review right here on PreCentral. As to the last question, sorry you didn't recognize that I was speaking of you. I'll repeat, have they just not released to your satisfaction.

I suspect you "dunno" to all of the questions, since you answered none of them. What makes this release not legitmate?

Funny enough, those guys are also a success in your rather liberal definition. Despite getting completely crushed in the market, their website is still up and they're selling off their remaining inventory as a lot to some unknown buyer, so good for them.
    Since you've determined that JooJoo is a "success in my rather liberal definition", maybe you can explain exactly what my "liberal definition" of success is; and how they fit?

Personally, I think you're just making this stuff up as you go.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast