Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

I just received my new Palm Pre2. I am working for HP and since Monday the standard cell phone for HP employees in my country is a Palm Pre 2. It was sent from United Kingdom, including a Touchstone and Carcharger.

The first impression is to be very familiar with it, no great changes just a few cosmetics in Launcher except the speed of the phone, it is working like a charme and very smooth...

Will give some updates after playing around with my new baby...
    Post some pics!
    Sprint Love
    Are u in UK? Is it tied to a carrier?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by binokio View Post
    Hi,

I just received my new Palm Pre2. I am working for HP and since Monday the standard cell phone for HP employees in my country is a Palm Pre 2. It was sent from United Kingdom, including a Touchstone and Carcharger.

The first impression is to be very familiar with it, no great changes just a few cosmetics in Launcher except the speed of the phone, it is working like a charme and very smooth...

Will give some updates after playing around with my new baby...
    Where are you located?
  5.    #5  
    Hi,

I am in Austria, the Pre2 was sent from UK. It is not locked, I am using an Austrian-Sim. The keyboard is a QWERTY one and I am missing the "orange key" with the orange numbers, it was easy to use...

There is also no case included, I don't understand why this is no longer added...the one from my old Pre was very usefull, I wil still use it.

I think it is a little bit heavier than the old one because of the glas-front but it makes a more solid feeling. The backcover is the Touchstone enabled, and now the complete PRE2 surface is the same as the backcover, no more high polished plastic...
    I guess that rumor about being able to get the Pre 2 from HP on the 8th was true .... it was for employees though.

congrats.
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  8.    #8  
    Hello,

yes on Monday my old mobile was not working anymore so i orderd a new one. In the afternoon I got a mail that the default "Sony Ericsson" is no more available from someone in the UK and if I will accept the Palm PRE2 ... ofcourse I accepted.

Since Tuesday the page where you can order internal mobiles changed, all other devices where removed and just the PRE2 is available.
    does the keyboard feel better? is it more clicky?
    Congrats on the new phone. What app catalog are you getting?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    When can you get the unlocked Pixi 2?
  12.    #12  
    I think its the same keyboard without the "orange key" and orange numbers, it's not more clicky...

Ofcourse I activated it in Austria, it's still not possible to buy any app here in Austria, I hope that will change soon...

Unlocked Pixi2...I don't know, I have nothing to do with the department of Palm/HP-Smartphones, the Pre2 is just the new default phone for employees here in Austria....
    Hmm, I would love to have one.
    Can you give the website where you ordered the phone from?
    Quote Originally Posted by binokio View Post
    I think its the same keyboard without the "orange key" and orange numbers, it's not more clicky...

Ofcourse I activated it in Austria, it's still not possible to buy any app here in Austria, I hope that will change soon...

Unlocked Pixi2...I don't know, I have nothing to do with the department of Palm/HP-Smartphones, the Pre2 is just the new default phone for employees here in Austria....
    But do you get any apps at all in the catalog?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  16.    #16  
    hi,

the tool is called Smartbuy, an app in our Intranet, I don't want to wake up sleeping dogs, so I don't post the exact link....sorry!
    Last edited by binokio; 11/11/2010 at 08:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Can you give the website where you ordered the phone from?
    don't know if that will help you, unless you are an HP employee, as is the OP.
    I see pandas.
  18.    #18  
    Hello,

yes I can see apps, I think its the same catalog as for the old Pre, can't see any new Pre2 apps or something like that. And still not all apps visible from the catalog, no way to buy them here in Austria....
    This is cool. A blow by blow of the guy checking out the new pre2.

Just curious. The speed, how is the speed of WebOS, opening apps, calendar etc with WebOS?

ET
    So you are saying the only discounted phone H/P employees can buy now from H/P website is pre-2? Btw how much does a discounted phone cost?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast