Just got my Pre2 (P102UNA) yesterday and using it on the ATT network. Cant wait to start patching it so I will look at all the different advice on here.
Things Ive noticed:
- Slider hardware seems to be the same
- Keyboard seems to be the same (as my ATT Palm Pre Plus)
- Heavier because of the glass screen, hope it doesnt fall off my in car touchstone
- Device does not need to restart to put in developer mode
- Boot times are faster, both on restart and boot from off
- Games do not rotate to portrait when put in card view
- Weather Icon does not update the icon anymore
- Asphalt 5 will not launch
- There is a slideshow option when looking at photos
- Notification LED is brighter, perhaps because the glass screen obscures it less - you can actually see the proximity sensors on top too
- Just Type lets you add new words on the fly, I was under the impression that you had to go into Text Assist to do that
- The phone always tells me that there are updates to apps available every time I boot. This is nice, but a little annoying too since there are some apps I do not want to update on purpose because the updates made them suck.
- Notifications have a skinner font perhaps to fit more text
- Flicking through photos seems to be much better, even considering these are larger photos now, even compared to my Pre+ overclocked to 1GHz, with better quicker flicker.
- Sorting apps is much easier, which is good because the redesigned launcher does not put apps where you put them on webOS 1.4.5 when you sign in to your palm profile
- My particular phone seems to be losing its data connection here and there, requiring a restart.
- My bookmarks came back from my backed up palm profile, but have no thumbnails. Even loading the web page, the thumbnails do not end up on the bookmark. More confusingly, when you go into the list view of bookmarks, it is empty.
- When you do a screenshot you hear the camera shutter sound
- The glass screen seems to attract more fingerprints than the Samsung Captivate, despite the fact that both are supposedly gorilla glass
- Scrolling through applications is so buttery smooth
- Scrolling through webpages once fully loaded seems to be very smooth
- The spinner that animates for email synchronization spins really quickly, giving you the impression that its working much faster
- The dropped data connection is really starting to aggravate me. I hope i do not have a defective phone. I am trying to see if there is any correlation between apps I load and the dropped connection.