Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by lyptt View Post
    Mac OS X 10.6.5
    Restarted novacomd at least, or the whole machine?

-- Rod
    I've killed and restarted the novacomd service, but it's still not detecting the device when I run novacom

[edit]

I think my SDK install might be a bit screwy, I had the original prerelease SDK installed, but the uninstall script for 1.4.5 didn't detect it so I just installed 1.4.5 over the top of it, it stated in the installer it was upgrading the existing stuff, but obviously something went wrong. I put the novacom drivers + 1.4.5 sdk on a virtual machine and novacom detects it now.
    Last edited by lyptt; 11/17/2010 at 03:09 AM.
    OK, you can now use palm-install to install Preware.

You can get a Preware ipkg file from http://get.preware.org/

-- Rod
    I went the novacom route and installed from http://bit.ly/preware-bootstrap, seems to work pretty well
    I went the novacom route and installed from [url] seems to work pretty well
    Did the phone app hang on opening afterwards?

That will show whether the webOS recan bug has been fixed.

-- Rod
    It's not hanging for me no, opened just fine
    It's not hanging for me no, opened just fine
    Good, that means Palm fixed the rescan bug.

-- Rod
    Just got my Pre2 (P102UNA) yesterday and using it on the ATT network. Cant wait to start patching it so I will look at all the different advice on here.

Things Ive noticed:

- Slider hardware seems to be the same
    - Keyboard seems to be the same (as my ATT Palm Pre Plus)
    - Heavier because of the glass screen, hope it doesnt fall off my in car touchstone
    - Device does not need to restart to put in developer mode
    - Boot times are faster, both on restart and boot from off
    - Games do not rotate to portrait when put in card view
    - Weather Icon does not update the icon anymore
    - Asphalt 5 will not launch
    - There is a slideshow option when looking at photos
    - Notification LED is brighter, perhaps because the glass screen obscures it less - you can actually see the proximity sensors on top too
    - Just Type lets you add new words on the fly, I was under the impression that you had to go into Text Assist to do that
    - The phone always tells me that there are updates to apps available every time I boot. This is nice, but a little annoying too since there are some apps I do not want to update on purpose because the updates made them suck.
    - Notifications have a skinner font perhaps to fit more text
    - Flicking through photos seems to be much better, even considering these are larger photos now, even compared to my Pre+ overclocked to 1GHz, with better quicker flicker.
    - Sorting apps is much easier, which is good because the redesigned launcher does not put apps where you put them on webOS 1.4.5 when you sign in to your palm profile
    - My particular phone seems to be losing its data connection here and there, requiring a restart.
    - My bookmarks came back from my backed up palm profile, but have no thumbnails. Even loading the web page, the thumbnails do not end up on the bookmark. More confusingly, when you go into the list view of bookmarks, it is empty.
    - When you do a screenshot you hear the camera shutter sound
    - The glass screen seems to attract more fingerprints than the Samsung Captivate, despite the fact that both are supposedly gorilla glass
    - Scrolling through applications is so buttery smooth
    - Scrolling through webpages once fully loaded seems to be very smooth
    - The spinner that animates for email synchronization spins really quickly, giving you the impression that its working much faster
    - The dropped data connection is really starting to aggravate me. I hope i do not have a defective phone. I am trying to see if there is any correlation between apps I load and the dropped connection.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by binokio View Post
    I think it is a little bit heavier than the old one because of the glas-front but it makes a more solid feeling. The backcover is the Touchstone enabled, and now the complete PRE2 surface is the same as the backcover, no more high polished plastic...
    That is great news. Is the screen actual glass? Because on my current Pre there is a HUGE mark created by the leather case Palm sold me. There is a sticking bump right in the middle of the case that pushes against the screen. Over time, the contact with the stitching damages the screen. Otherwise, the case is simply great.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    That is great news. Is the screen actual glass? Because on my current Pre there is a HUGE mark created by the leather case Palm sold me. There is a sticking bump right in the middle of the case that pushes against the screen. Over time, the contact with the stitching damages the screen. Otherwise, the case is simply great.
    Yes, the screen is glass. You can notice a HUGE diffrence when touching the screen. The phone as a whole feels solid. I never owned a Pre Plus (Sprint user) but the jump from the original Pre to the Pre 2 is amazing.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info. As soon as I get the developer coupon, I'm ordering one.
    Do you know if the video lag is solved?
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info. As soon as I get the developer coupon, I'm ordering one.
    Do you know if the video lag is solved?
    What video lag issue?
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Right now, when I film something on my Palm Pre (UK 1Ghz) and do a playback, there is a gap between the actual video and recorded voice. The voice arrives before the video, or vice-versa, they are not synced.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Right now, when I film something on my Palm Pre (UK 1Ghz) and do a playback, there is a gap between the actual video and recorded voice. The voice arrives before the video, or vice-versa, they are not synced.
    I never really used my video on my Pre. I'll play with it tonight on the Pre 2 and let you know.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    I wish that the instant messenger on my Pre 2 would automatically sign itself in. My Pre Plus used to sign in automatically.
    Hallo! Wurde Dein Pre2 bereits in UK activiert? ... oder hats Du es so wie ich in Austria gemacht? Ich kann seit dem meine Paid Apps nicht mehr nutzen. Wenn ich mein altes Pre wieder in Betrieb nehme sind alle bezahlten Apps aber noch da. Es muss also definitiv mit webOs 2.0.0 zu tun haben. Welche Firmware hats du auf Deinem Pre2?
    lg, Herbert
    Hallo! Wurde Dein Pre2 bereits in UK activiert? ... oder hast Du es so wie ich in Austria gemacht? Ich kann seit dem meine Paid Apps nicht mehr nutzen. Wenn ich mein altes Pre wieder in Betrieb nehme sind alle bezahlten Apps aber noch da. Es muss also definitiv mit webOs 2.0.0 zu tun haben. Welche Firmware hats du auf Deinem Pre2?
    lg, Herbert
    Quote Originally Posted by light4you View Post
    Hallo! Wurde Dein Pre2 bereits in UK activiert? ... oder hast Du es so wie ich in Austria gemacht? Ich kann seit dem meine Paid Apps nicht mehr nutzen. Wenn ich mein altes Pre wieder in Betrieb nehme sind alle bezahlten Apps aber noch da. Es muss also definitiv mit webOs 2.0.0 zu tun haben. Welche Firmware hats du auf Deinem Pre2?
    lg, Herbert
    Translated using 'Google Translate':
    Quote Originally Posted by light4you View Post
    Hello! Has your Pre2 already activated you in UK? ... or you have it the way I made in Austria? I can since my Paid Apps no longer use. If I take it again in my old pre-paid operation, all apps are still there. It must therefore have definitely to do with WebOS 2.0.0. What firmware you to your hats Pre2?
    lg, Herbert
    Just call me Berd.
    Got my Pre 2 yesterday, I really struggled with "should I wait for the Pre 3" thing but now that I made the move I'm really glad. The phone (like everyone else is saying) is solid and I like the response I get (versus the Pre Plus) when I tap on the screen. The only down fall I can report is the lack of patches.

ET
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345