Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 99
  1. #61  
    I just got my Pre 2 about an hour ago, seems I can't install Preware as the installers don't recognise the 2.0 doctor, and I don't have the 2.0 SDK so novaterm doesn't recognise my Pre either, oh well

    Very impressed with the speed, everything's smooth as silk, had some issues with the App Catalog not displaying Featured/not downloading Applications but that seems to have gone away with a reboot.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by lyptt View Post
    I just got my Pre 2 about an hour ago, seems I can't install Preware as the installers don't recognise the 2.0 doctor, and I don't have the 2.0 SDK so novaterm doesn't recognise my Pre either...
    The Preware installers don't have any advance detection, you can just rename your 2.0 doctor to the same filename as 1.4.5 doctor and will be ok.

    As for Novaterm, make sure you're in Dev Mode which the Pre2 is confirmed still able to do.
  3. #63  
    My Pre 2 is in dev mode, renaming the doctor got webOS quick install launching but nothing seems to work, clicking the blue down arrow does nothing, etc.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by lyptt View Post
    My Pre 2 is in dev mode, renaming the doctor got webOS quick install launching but nothing seems to work, clicking the blue down arrow does nothing, etc.
    This is where someone with more experience needs to step in...
  5. #65  
    Lyptt: I would either wait for Rod to come on to help or go to WebOS internal chat to have someone help you there. Most would be very interested i would think to help out
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  6. #66  
    doesn't seem like anyone on IRC knows either... annoying :/ I'm thinking the webOS 2 SDK would recognise the Pre 2 but that's closed off from the general public
  7. #67  
    I'm curious if stacks can be minimized and moved around like in webOS 1.4.5? I haven't seen that done in any of the reviews or demo videos.
    Thanks
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I'm curious if stacks can be minimized and moved around like in webOS 1.4.5? I haven't seen that done in any of the reviews or demo videos.
    Thanks
    Mini cards view is gone in 2.0, if that's what you're asking.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Mini cards view is gone in 2.0, if that's what you're asking.
    It is partly. Can the card/stacks be rearranged? I like that feature.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    It is partly. Can the card/stacks be rearranged? I like that feature.
    Yes, cards can be combined and rearranged to form Stacks. That was the idea. But you can't move an entire stack.

    Dieter already demonstrated that a while ago.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by lyptt View Post
    I just got my Pre 2 about an hour ago, seems I can't install Preware as the installers don't recognise the 2.0 doctor, and I don't have the 2.0 SDK so novaterm doesn't recognise my Pre either, oh well

    Very impressed with the speed, everything's smooth as silk, had some issues with the App Catalog not displaying Featured/not downloading Applications but that seems to have gone away with a reboot.
    You install the public Palm SDK, and then install the new novacom drivers from the webOS Doctor. Then use palm-install to install the latest Preware.

    -- Rod
  12. #72  
    Hey can you also test Google Doc's in QuickOffice and see if you can open/save/modify your Google Doc's in QuickOffice. This requires you have/create a Google account and add it to QuickOffice on the Pre, both really easy to do.

    Thanks,
    D
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You install the public Palm SDK, and then install the new novacom drivers from the webOS Doctor. Then use palm-install to install the latest Preware.

    -- Rod
    even after installing novacom drivers from the doctor it doesn't find the device
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by lyptt View Post
    even after installing novacom drivers from the doctor it doesn't find the device
    Did you instal them from the SFR Pre 2 webOS 2.0 doctor? Which file did you use and how did you instal it?

    -- Rod
  15. #75  
    I installed it from the UK doctor, I downloaded from Palm's servers a jnlp which in turn downloaded "Palm webOS(R) Doctor(tm) Build 70.70, webOS 2.0.app"

    When launching the app after clicking next a few times it reported "Checking system" and a drivers installer popped up, I installed the drivers, it then asked me to connect the device, at which point I quit the doctor.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Hey can you also test Google Doc's in QuickOffice and see if you can open/save/modify your Google Doc's in QuickOffice. This requires you have/create a Google account and add it to QuickOffice on the Pre, both really easy to do.

    Thanks,
    D
    QuickOffice is a reader only. They willl sell\demo the full QO when it's finished. They've always sold QO and I don't expect them to stop now. DTG bundled it on the Treo's b/c Palm was subsidizing it for us. (good for us, obviously added to the bad for them)
  17. #77  
    orange keys were only in pre-. + doesn't have them either
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

    My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
  18. #78  
    QuickOffice can only view, seems to work pretty nicely though, had troubles opening certain spreadsheets but normal documents opened fine.
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by lyptt View Post
    I installed it from the UK doctor, I downloaded from Palm's servers a jnlp which in turn downloaded "Palm webOS(R) Doctor(tm) Build 70.70, webOS 2.0.app"

    When launching the app after clicking next a few times it reported "Checking system" and a drivers installer popped up, I installed the drivers, it then asked me to connect the device, at which point I quit the doctor.
    What host OS and version?
  20. #80  
    Mac OS X 10.6.5
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions