Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    has this thread seriously turned into a debate about people lying?

wow
    Looks like it. Lol!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    I'm sad it doesn't have an improved keyboard, something more similar to the Pixi.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    I'm sad it doesn't have an improved keyboard, something more similar to the Pixi.
    I have read several reviews stating that the keyboard was much 'click'ier and more responsive than even the Pre Plus.
    Just as long it is an improvement, I will take it. Currently, when I swap batteries after shutting down and restarting it (yes, I know you can "hot swap" batteries, but once I did it too slowly, it left my Pre Plus with some corrupted data), it takes over 5 minutes to re-boot.

Anyhow, I know Windows 7 boots up much faster than Windows XP, but Mac OS X boots up and shuts down even faster than Windows 7. My iPad boots up within 20 seconds from a cold reboot. If HP/Palm can design the next generation webOS phone (after Pre 2) to boot up within 1-2 minutes, I would be a very happy camper!

Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    The boot time is still going to be an issue for some. The boot time is quicker than before, but I can see where it's not where it should be.

Maybe I'm just spoiled, but the boot time feels like booting into windows XP, and I'm into the boot time of booting into Windows 7.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I still haven't been proven wrong.
    You still haven't presented a hypothesis for anyone to disprove.
    Welcome to the forum. Can you try to upload a file to a website from the browser?
    Quote Originally Posted by binokio View Post
    How can I do a Luna-Restart without Preware installed?
    I can help you get Preware installed. PM me your email address.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    Just as long it is an improvement, I will take it. Currently, when I swap batteries after shutting down and restarting it (yes, I know you can "hot swap" batteries, but once I did it too slowly, it left my Pre Plus with some corrupted data), it takes over 5 minutes to re-boot.

Anyhow, I know Windows 7 boots up much faster than Windows XP, but Mac OS X boots up and shuts down even faster than Windows 7. My iPad boots up within 20 seconds from a cold reboot. If HP/Palm can design the next generation webOS phone (after Pre 2) to boot up within 1-2 minutes, I would be a very happy camper!
    If you look through the webos 2.0 preview on the front page, dieter tested out boot times on the pre 2. I think it was around 1 min. , but you can check for yourself.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    would you please upload the official wallpaper so kindly?
    thanks so much
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sakurarain View Post
    would you please upload the official wallpaper so kindly?
    thanks so much
    So funny, was going to request the Red Flower wallpaper too.
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    So funny, was going to request the Red Flower wallpaper too.
    Yes official wallpaper uploads would rock thanks!

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Any confirmations on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute Gadget
    The Pre 2 comes with a 1GHz processor, a 5-megapixel rear camera. It also comes with 16GB of internal storage as well as support for memory cards.
    Absolute Gadget - Gadgets, Games, News, Reviews, Tips and Tricks

First time hearing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Any confirmations on this?
    That just shows how uninformed most tech blog sites are. It's false.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That just shows how uninformed most tech blog sites are. It's false.

-- Rod
    Thought so ...

That shows that most Tech Blog utilizes the most beloved feature "Copy/Paste".
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Interested to see some side by side photo quality comparisons of Pre/Pre+ and Pre2
  16.    #56  
    Hi,

I was on a bussiness trip and I am back today, now I can see there are many posts about the Pre2 so I think its no more a "secret" what features the new device has.

bye

PS: It's very strange here to be suspected as a liar if you are posting for the first time....
    Hi,

I was on a bussiness trip and I am back today, now I can see there are many posts about the Pre2 so I think its no more a "secret" what features the new device has.

bye

PS: It's very strange here to be suspected as a liar if you are posting for the first time....
    There was one poster who doubted you. Simply ignore that person. They do not represent the forum nor the general opinion of the participants.

Did you get Preware installed?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  18.    #58  
    Hello,

not at the moment, I was to cowardly to play around with that. What is the exact way to get PreWare on a Pre2? Does it make sense for the new hardware?

After some days of use I can say it runs much more smoother than the Pre1. there is no delay when opening apps or switching from one app to another.

Also I can't see a Skype-App, maybe it will not be available in Europe...

bye
    What is the exact way to get PreWare on a Pre2? Does it make sense for the new hardware?
    You install the Palm SDK, and then install the new novacom drivers from the webOS Doctor. Then use palm-install to install the latest Preware.

Preware, Save/Restore, and other applications should work fine.

-- Rod
    Hello,

not at the moment, I was to cowardly to play around with that. What is the exact way to get PreWare on a Pre2? Does it make sense for the new hardware?

After some days of use I can say it runs much more smoother than the Pre1. there is no delay when opening apps or switching from one app to another.

Also I can't see a Skype-App, maybe it will not be available in Europe...

bye
    Skype is not a separate app AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $integrated$ $in$ $to$ $the$ $Phone$ $app$.

Try going to the Phone Preferences, and see if you have a "New Account" button at the bottom?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast